Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of the
amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full force,
with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to call
Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design such a
thing.

This is a major peeve of mine also. The new shower faucets (from most all
manufacturers) are a single control design that go from off to on through cold,
then add hot as you continue to rotate the handle. Think turning a bolt.

There is no way to a) set a prefered temp and then adjust the volume or b)
reduce the volume for anything other that full cold.

It seriously sucks.