Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Problem: No water coming from kitchen faucet

"Skully" wrote in message
I have had a problem with my kitchen faucet for months now, it seemed
like there was air in the line. I could leave the faucet open and
after a few minutes water would come out.

I have been out of the state for a few months and the water has not
been used since, I returned yesterday and tried the faucet and nothing
comes out at all. I replaced the faucet with a new one today but I
still get no water.

The water is running fine in all the rest of the faucets and toilets
and showers in the house except the one in the kitchen.

I know that at least some water is coming through the supply line
because when I removed the hoses it had water in them.but nothing
through the tap.

I haven't tried removing the hoses and checking the water pressure
through the supply lines yet, I will do that tomorrow night after
work.

My question is this , is there something that could be blocking the
lines, and isn't the cold and hot lines seperate so why would both
lines become clogged?

what is my best option? to call a plumber?

Thanks, Dan

If not the faucet itself, it could be the multi turn valves the supply lines
are connected to have clogged. They can be fixed but for $5 you can buy a
new one at HD and put it on yourself. It should be threaded onto a pipe
whether copper or steel pipe. Replace it with a ball valve type and it
won't happen again.

You can get a plumber but it is also a DIY if you have a pipe wrench, some
teflon tape and a little muscle.

Bad flow at hot AND cold? I guess both valves could have worn out together.
Perhaps someone overtightened them at one time.