Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

"Kristian M Zoerhoff" wrote in message
. net...
In article , you say...
"trent" wrote in message

Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does volume
AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not- according
my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen that
does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub.

trent

What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of the
amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full
force,
with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to call
Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design such a
thing.

I can, because my builder went with the cheapest faucet Moen makes (or at
least, damn near it):

http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/pr...formation.cfm?
skurefno=231678
http://tinyurl.com/ygndfc

No volume control, just temp. Moen does make plenty of more convential
faucets
that can do both, you may just need to go somewhere better than Home Depot
find them.

That's bizarre. I wonder if Moen is hiring out of work engineers from the 3
American car makers.