Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

mrsgator88 wrote:
"Kk" wrote in message
In article ,
Ajanta wrote:

So far the best compromise I found is Remodelers Supply on Pulaski
(thanks Kenji).

surely

I've bought stuff there and at gerber. Gerber might be expensive but
generally speaking plumbing fixtures are thought of in two ways for me.
There's something you buy that you install and live with for 15+ plus
years and then there's something you buy that you are installing where
you don't give a **** how it works or how long it's going to last.

One last place...really known for parts BUT has a great supply of new
mostly stuff that needs to be ordered.... The Faucet Shop, on Elston.
(It may be spelled Shoppe). When i buy from the Faucet Shop it's stuff
I'm going to live with for many years.....

If you want one LAST place to look, go to North Shore Faucets. Its in
Morton Grove, on Dempster St. Take the Edens to the Dempster (west) exit,
go a block and park. Literally 15 minutes from downtown. Nice stuff too.

The last time I took the Edens, Ohio St. was 15 minutes from downtown.

--
"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and
woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Ajanta" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

: Go to www.moen.com and click on the "where to buy" link. I used 60608 as
zip
: code, and searched for "home centers" and "distinctive showrooms". I got
the
: results below. You should try whatever zip code is more specific to your
: location...

Thanks. Moen is a highly recommended brand and I am considering some of
their models seriously (7430, 7460, 7480, can't tell difference among
them, I picked up thes e#s from different websites) and 7840. A
peculiar thing about Moen website is that when you clic on one model
number more more info, you get "page is unavailable".

There is incredible deal on a Danze model which, in steel version (list
$181) is being cleared dor around $40. But I don't the quality of the
brand.

A Home Depot person was ranking American Standard and Kohler as being
better made than Moen, but Delta even lower. Just one man's opinion, of
course, but he was working the HD's kitchen department.

Even when Moen's site works, it's a bit strange. I'd call the company and
have them send you a printed catalog.

Posted to chi.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Ajanta" wrote in message
kenji wrote:

: Two gems:
: Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around
Addison/belmont

Thanks. Gerber seemed rather upscale. However, Remodelers Supply (it is
on 2500 N Pulaski though) is a nice(r?) alternative to Home Depot and
Menards in the sense that they have good selection/price *and* it is
easy to get someone to help you.

I got my latest Moen from a place that was supposedly "upscale". Their price
was the same as Home Despot quoted me to special order the thing.