Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is this true?

I found this on another newsgroup.
Someone said as a prank, pour unflavoured gelatin in a friend's (or
enemy's) toilet bowl and stir. it can't be flushed, and it looks just
like water. Imagine the scenarios.

Is this true?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer

wrote in message
I found this on another newsgroup.
Someone said as a prank, pour unflavoured gelatin in a friend's (or
enemy's) toilet bowl and stir. it can't be flushed, and it looks just
like water. Imagine the scenarios.

Is this true?

Try after taking a nice dump... don't flush.

Now THAT would be NASTY!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message
I found this on another newsgroup.
Someone said as a prank, pour unflavoured gelatin in a friend's (or
enemy's) toilet bowl and stir. it can't be flushed, and it looks just
like water. Imagine the scenarios.

Is this true?

I'm not sure, but I AM sure you will try it......

Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 25 Jan 2006 03:41:42a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?

I found this on another newsgroup.
Someone said as a prank, pour unflavoured gelatin in a friend's (or
enemy's) toilet bowl and stir. it can't be flushed, and it looks just
like water. Imagine the scenarios.

Is this true?

Anything's possible. It takes 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin to congeal 2
cups of liquid. You'll need quite a bit to congeal a toilet bowl full of
water. Works best if you soften the gelatin in a bit of cold water, then
dissolve it in boiling water before adding it to the larger amount of cold
water.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to alt.home.repair

try it at your home first, sure it wouldnt flush so the water entering
the bowl will spill over and take down the cieling below.

I LOVE jokes but this isnt a safe one!

Other day I intentially poured some water under a buddies hot water
tank,unfortunately he forgot something, returned and caught me in the
act. the tank is 6 year one on its 13th year in service....

due to blow at any moment

Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

wrote in message
I found this on another newsgroup.
Someone said as a prank, pour unflavoured gelatin in a friend's (or
enemy's) toilet bowl and stir. it can't be flushed, and it looks just
like water. Imagine the scenarios.

Setting fire to the friends house in the middle of the night is a good one
too.
Imagine the scenarios.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My dad joke on his best friend

They both worked for Goodyear Aerospace. he asked everyone to comment
his friend joe looked ill, sck etc. poor fellow got so concerned at
comments he went to see plant nurse, who sent him immediately to his
doctor, who put him right in the hospital for tests, this was years
ago when they still put people in the hospital.....

well he was back to work a week later, and got @$# when he was told it
was just one of jim hallers jokes.

sadly my dad and his best friend never spoke again, and its been like
25 years

A joke is a joke and I LOVE pulling them but its important no one gets
hurt. I prefer to be on site so things dont get carried away!

If this discussion continues I will tell about my one time auto
mechanic Rick, lets just say I evened the score

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
My dad joke on his best friend

They both worked for Goodyear Aerospace. he asked everyone to comment
his friend joe looked ill, sck etc. poor fellow got so concerned at
comments he went to see plant nurse, who sent him immediately to his
doctor, who put him right in the hospital for tests, this was years
ago when they still put people in the hospital.....

well he was back to work a week later, and got @$# when he was told it
was just one of jim hallers jokes.

sadly my dad and his best friend never spoke again, and its been like
25 years

A joke is a joke and I LOVE pulling them but its important no one gets
hurt. I prefer to be on site so things dont get carried away!

If this discussion continues I will tell about my one time auto
mechanic Rick, lets just say I evened the score

I want to hear that one! My mechanics are constantly razzing their
customers. Time for the big wheel to turn.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:53:51 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Norminn" wrote in message
news
wrote:

I found this on another newsgroup.
Someone said as a prank, pour unflavoured gelatin in a friend's (or
enemy's) toilet bowl and stir. it can't be flushed, and it looks just
like water. Imagine the scenarios.

Is this true?

Saran wrap across the bowl, under the seat, is a bigger hoot and safer.
At least it was when I was a kid.

Ketchup packets (with a tiny slit facing inward) under the seat.

About a month ago, someone sent me a link to a prank played on a parent, by
a radio announcer. He called a mother, said he was a guidance counselor at
her son's school, and told her they'd discovered that her son was a
heterosexual. The woman didn't know what the word meant, so she freaked out
completely. :-)

Now that's funny !!!!!

When I was in my teens, on April fools day I waited till my parents
went to bed. Then I put scotch tape on one prong of every electrical
thing in the house and plugged them back in. Everything except the
refrigerator. I left that plugged in, but substituted a buzzer for
the lightbulb inside, using a screw in socket adaptor.
I also put saran wrap in the bathroom and kitchen sink strainers.

Then I waited for them to get up. First it was the kitchen faucet
that did not work, then The coffer maker did not work, the tv did not
work as well as my dads razor and the radio. When mom opened the
refrigerator and that loud buzzer went off, she freaked.

When dad went to the fusebox, there was a note inside that said "APRIL
FOOL". He proceeded to tighten all the fuses and went to the water
meter thinking I had shut off the water. There he found another note
that said "APRIL FOOL".

That's when he had a "family talk" with me. He acted mad, but weeks
later he admitted it was pretty funny. Mom on the other hand did not
thing any of it was funny.

So, I proceeded to remove all the tape and saran wrap. I was
finishing about the time dad went out to start the car, and came back
in the house cussing. Then he asked me where I hid the coil wire from
the car. I grinned and told him to read the back of the APRIL FOOL
sign under the hood......

Several years later when I got my own car, I went out to the car on
April 1, and could not get the key in the foor lock. I removed the
scotch tape, and found the ignition key would not go in the hole.
Yep, more tape. I removed the tape and turned the ignition. Bothing
happened. I opened the hood and found a sign that said "APRIL FOOL"
next to the battery and saw the battery cable removed. I put it back
on and got in the car. The car cranked, but would not start. Sure
enough, the coil; wire was gone. Thet's when I noticed dad laughing
his butt off by the window, and when I remembered what I did. I
looked at the back of the sign, and it said "coil wire under front
seat". I guess he got back at me....

But thats not the end. When I came home that evening I went to my
room and turned on my tv. It didn't work. Neither did my stereo.
That's when I foind the "APRIL FOOL" sign by the outlet, and proceeded
to remove scotch tape.

This sort of things seemed to happen every year after that, It was
all pretty funny, and mom just did her best to cope. I know she had
fun too, because she was always telling our relatives aboutit, and
they would always ask me what I planned to do next year. Some of them
even started doing some of this silliness, and one of them rigged up a
coil from a car to the bottom of a chair with a flashlight battery and
everyone got to test that goofy thing out.

My best prank on them was a few years later when I connected their tv
to one of those Radio Shack remote control power modules. This was
before they had a tv with a remote and had to manually turn the set
on. They could not understand why the tv went off everytime they sat
on the couch, but would come back on everytime they got off the couch.
I had a walkie talkie under the couch with the reansmit button taped
down, so I could hear when they sat down or got up, and I just pushed
the on-off button on the remote accordingly.

All of it was harmless fun,
Those were the good old days !!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

wrote:
I found this on another newsgroup.
Someone said as a prank, pour unflavoured gelatin in a friend's (or
enemy's) toilet bowl and stir. it can't be flushed, and it looks just
like water. Imagine the scenarios.

Another occurred years ago when I was 18 working at Radio Shack. I
worked at a mall, and the store next to us was a toy store.
Occasionally our remote controlled cars would move "on their own"
because of interference from their cars.

Well, one of the guys I worked with told this D-U-M-B DUMB! chick that
worked with us that his MIND was controlling the cars, and that it
happens every once in a while. At first she was saying "oh yeah,
right, whatever", but then we set up a pretty clever prank.

We had wireless microphones that could play over an untuned radio. We
took apart a big stereo speaker that was on display (not hooked up to
anything) and wired a small radio to play through the speaker). We
then recorded Angelo's voice (the guy that could "move" the cars with
his mind!) onto tape.

So everybody is in on this joke, and we have a one way mirror in back.
Angelo tells Vicki that he's feeling quite telepathic this one day,
walks over to the speaker we rigged up, and starts rubbing his temples.
I hit PLAY on the tape player, and play his voice through the wireless
mic, which goes out through the speaker that he's standing next to!

Vicki freakin' flipped out. I thought she was going to **** her pants
right there. So the tape is saying "Vicki, this is my mind.." blah
blah blah... "go in the back room Vicki", so he leads her into the back
where ten of us are just busting a gut over the whole thing. It took
her a while to figure out what the hell was going on!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

I don't think the gelatin will set up for a long time. I was in a contest
where we had to jump into an above ground pool full of Jell-O looking for a
key. The Jell-O was about 70 or 75 degrees, and it still wasn't starting to
set up when they finally drained the pool.

wrote in message
ups.com...
try it at your home first, sure it wouldnt flush so the water entering
the bowl will spill over and take down the cieling below.

I LOVE jokes but this isnt a safe one!

Other day I intentially poured some water under a buddies hot water
tank,unfortunately he forgot something, returned and caught me in the
act. the tank is 6 year one on its 13th year in service....

due to blow at any moment

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Fishel

One year a friend/roommate of mine (who worked nights) made a date for
the next afternoon to go out with his new girlfriend who he was trying
desperately to impress. Just before his alarm was set to go off we
turned it off and set every time keeping device in the house (including
his pocket watch and the microwave) forward 4 hours...

poke, poke "Hey dude, weren't you supposed to do something today?"

He was on the phone apologizing to his very confused girlfriend for
about five minutes before she figured out what he was babbling about
and told him what time it was. We nearly wet ourselves at the look on
his face...

This works especially well because the victim is just waking up, but
only if they are supposed to get up in the afternoon or very late at
night, so they can't tell the difference easily from the light coming
through the windows.

Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Norminn" wrote in message
news
wrote:

I found this on another newsgroup.
Someone said as a prank, pour unflavoured gelatin in a friend's (or
enemy's) toilet bowl and stir. it can't be flushed, and it looks just
like water. Imagine the scenarios.

Is this true?

Saran wrap across the bowl, under the seat, is a bigger hoot and safer. At
least it was when I was a kid.

Ketchup packets (with a tiny slit facing inward) under the seat.

Absolutely gross!! Go stand in a corner for 15
minutes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Good friend was a pizza hut manager who worked close. finally got out
at 2am, strted engine fine, put in gear, vroom car didnt move a inch.
he thhought his transmssion died.

turned out his co workers jacked and blocked his car 1/2 inch off of
pavement, so the wheels just spun.

it was 3 am before he finally figured it out and got his car off the
blocks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

How about this nasty

This lady was having a affair and her hubby found out. he drove a
concrete truck. when he would leave for work, the other guy came over.
well the other man bought a brand new caddy.

so the concrete driver broke the window and filled it with cement.

tires and everything went flat from the weight, had heck of a time
moving it. caddy owner was cheatying on his wife, and a small town
mayor so he couldnt make a insurance claim. he was out the bucks for a
one week old cadillac.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:18:38 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

It's not about toilets, but I know about a hospital patient who got to
go out for the day. He spent much of the time picking and eating wild
berries. After returning, a nurse thought his mouth was bleeding.
--
Mark Lloyd

I have this image of a crazy man crawling through the fields, madly
eating berries, wearing torn white hospital clothes.

I know it's only the berries that are wild, and you didn't say it was
a mental hospital, but that's the image I get. I think "hospital
patient" who gets to go out for the day sounds like a mental patient
to me, and after that, there's no telling what he woud do.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

wrote:

It's not about toilets, but I know about a hospital patient who got to
go out for the day. He spent much of the time picking and eating wild
berries. After returning, a nurse thought his mouth was bleeding.
--
Mark Lloyd

I have this image of a crazy man crawling through the fields, madly
eating berries, wearing torn white hospital clothes.

I know it's only the berries that are wild, and you didn't say it was
a mental hospital, but that's the image I get. I think "hospital
patient" who gets to go out for the day sounds like a mental patient
to me, and after that, there's no telling what he woud do.

Nurse Ratched - ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair

I want to hear that one! My mechanics are constantly razzing their
customers. Time for the big wheel to turn.....

In pennsylavania theres the annual safety inspection. My mechanic
reported necessary repairs would be 3 grand, I nearly died. then he
started laughing and said he was shocked it passed inspection. good one
he pulled on me

Well a month later I took my vehicle in for repairs. He said lets go
for a test drive. ended up at his home, the building inspector was
there. he had illegally dumped some dirt mixed with building debris
behind his house for fill. he brown nosed the building inspector, the
possible fine was 1500 bucks.

It took a month, got a gal at work to call him, identifying herself
with the building inspectorrs office, said we have photos of additional
dumping, your fine is reinstated, and you now owe over 5000 bucks. I
listened in with the phone covered, rick my mechanic was going nuts

Finally uncovered phone and started laughing. he was !@@#%$

Found out later his boss was afraid he would have heart attack, since
his face turned brite red, and he was shaking bad.

since then all jokes are always pulled with me present, so they dont
get out of hand.

i love a good joke just like my dad

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

wrote:

It's not about toilets, but I know about a hospital patient who got to
go out for the day. He spent much of the time picking and eating wild
berries. After returning, a nurse thought his mouth was bleeding.
--
Mark Lloyd

I have this image of a crazy man crawling through the fields, madly
eating berries, wearing torn white hospital clothes.

I know it's only the berries that are wild, and you didn't say it was
a mental hospital, but that's the image I get. I think "hospital
patient" who gets to go out for the day sounds like a mental patient
to me, and after that, there's no telling what he woud do.

Yes, a mental patient. The hospital wasn't really a mental hospital,
but this part of the local hospital treated mental patients. However,
it seemed a lot more "medical" that what you get at a real mental
hospital.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

wrote:

It's not about toilets, but I know about a hospital patient who got to
go out for the day. He spent much of the time picking and eating wild
berries. After returning, a nurse thought his mouth was bleeding.
--
Mark Lloyd

I have this image of a crazy man crawling through the fields, madly
eating berries, wearing torn white hospital clothes.

I know it's only the berries that are wild, and you didn't say it was
a mental hospital, but that's the image I get. I think "hospital
patient" who gets to go out for the day sounds like a mental patient
to me, and after that, there's no telling what he woud do.

Nurse Ratched - ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST.

I hadn't seen a mental hospital at that time, but what was shown in
that movie looked like what I'd expect, considering all the stories I
heard about them (even lobotomies and ECT as "punishment").

BTW, I remember hearing that the inventor of the lobotomy is the only
person ever to receive a Nobel Prize for the treatment of mental
illness.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

wrote in message
oups.com...
Good friend was a pizza hut manager who worked close. finally got out
at 2am, strted engine fine, put in gear, vroom car didnt move a inch.
he thhought his transmssion died.

turned out his co workers jacked and blocked his car 1/2 inch off of
pavement, so the wheels just spun.

it was 3 am before he finally figured it out and got his car off the
blocks.

been there, done that (to a 'friend')

Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Danger

Interesting how these things evolve. This whole thread really belongs in
AFU. The standard version of the story is that the guy driving the cement
mixer decides to show up unannounced at home for lunch. As he approaches the
house, he sees a new convertible pull up to the house and the guy driving it
goes inside. So our friend dumps his load of cement all over the car and
then, after he cools off a bit, he goes back to the cement factory and
confesses to his boss about what he did. His boss is sympathetic and doesn't
dock his wages for the load of cement. When he finally gets home, he finds
that his wife bought him a convertible for his birthday and the salesman was
dropping it off at his house.

oups.com...