Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Default Is this true?

wrote:
I want to hear that one! My mechanics are constantly razzing their
customers. Time for the big wheel to turn.....

Forgot about this one played on me years ago:

I used to fly remote controlled airplanes. My sister had a house in
the middle of nowhere (at least nowhere for S.E. Michigan). 13 acres
of land, all her neighbors had at least that.

So I took off one time, started to make a left turn and climbing, and
the plane stopped responding to my control. All the controls just
locked into position, and I sat there helpless as my plane continued a
pretty tight circle, going up and up. It finally disappeared into the
clouds (you could still hear it, though). I never saw it again, even
though I had my name, address, and phone # on it.

About a month later it was someone's b-day party in my family. The
phone rings, and it was for me. It was a woman who said that my
airplane crashed into her COW and killed it, and that I was
responsible! I fell for it for about 10 seconds (I swear!) until it
was just a little too ridiculous to believe... it was a friend of my
sister's who made the call.