Ed Rinehart

Default Saddam rumor true?

Is it true that Saddam allowed himself to be brought out of hiding so he
could endorse Howard Dean?

Nick Hull

In article gcOFb.179640$_M.820232@attbi_s54,
Ed Rinehart wrote:

Is it true that Saddam allowed himself to be brought out of hiding so he
could endorse Howard Dean?

Not true; if it were so Bush would have 'captured' him the week before
the election.

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Marv Soloff

No, he wanted to contribute some of the stolen American money to George
Bush's re-election campaign. He didn't want Bush to get caught stealing
money himself.

Regards,

Marv

Ed Rinehart wrote:
Is it true that Saddam allowed himself to be brought out of hiding so he
could endorse Howard Dean?

Tom Gardner

George doesn't need Sadam's loot, the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it. I'm sure you can just write-in Hillary Clinton
on your ballot, Marv. I hope the rest of the dems can figure out how to
vote this time, it IS awfully complicated. If they have to rely on a
write-in, we'll have a brouhaha about faulty pencils and hanging erasers.

Ed Rinehart wrote:
Is it true that Saddam allowed himself to be brought out of hiding so he
could endorse Howard Dean?

Hitch

Tom Gardner wrote:
the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

--
Hitch

-Remove the NOSPAM from my address and you've got SPAM!-

Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:00:49 -0800, Hitch wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

The Dems are actually a bit better about taking money. Not only taking
ours, they take it from the Red Chinese as well.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Harold Burton

"Hitch" wrote in message
Tom Gardner wrote:
the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

--
Hitch

Oh, heck no. The Democrats have their own cronies to which the money is
passed (often the same cronies you ascribe to the GOP). Once these types
have it, it magically disappears as into a black hole ,and only reappears as
donations to the Dems favorite charities, themselves. That insures that they
can properly feel our pain. Only he who has been one (such as myself) can
hold a Democrat in the proper level of contempt.

Harold

Beecrofter

Ed Rinehart wrote in message news:gcOFb.179640$_M.820232@attbi_s54...
Is it true that Saddam allowed himself to be brought out of hiding so he
could endorse Howard Dean?

No that is entirely a fabrication, the reason he emerged was to sell
some of his Halliburton shares and to convert more of his dollars to
euros.

Marv Soloff

Smart move on Saddam's part. The Euro is up 33% over the dollar in Mr.
Bush's economic recovery, and the Halliburton shares have to be disposed
of before the ceiling caves in like Worldcom or Enron. Got to hand it to
the Republicans - they know when to duck before the **** hits the fan.

Regards,

Marv

Beecrofter wrote:
Ed Rinehart wrote in message news:gcOFb.179640$_M.820232@attbi_s54...

Is it true that Saddam allowed himself to be brought out of hiding so he
could endorse Howard Dean?

No that is entirely a fabrication, the reason he emerged was to sell
some of his Halliburton shares and to convert more of his dollars to
euros.

Gunner

Tom Gardner wrote:
the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

The Dems are actually a bit better about taking money. Not only taking
ours, they take it from the Red Chinese as well.

The Repugs are clever enough to take out children's and
grandchildren's money and use it to buy votes from some of
us with tax breaks.

Dick

You are well named.

The Demonrats are clever enough to pack buses full of winos and street
people by giving them booze and smokes, then driving them to rallies
and polling places, using children and grandchildrens money.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Tom Gardner

Hey Gunner, remind me not to get your dander up! Although I think we were
cut from the same sheet.
P.S. I e-mailed you about more info on the Para .45, you might not have
gotten it 'cause the Dems don't want me to have a new gun and intercepted
the mail.

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

Tom Gardner

Hey Marv, Read the constitution! And even if this was a pure democracy, if
people are too stupid to figure out how to vote, their vote shouldn't count.
I personally believe that only land-owners and people that pay taxes should
be able to vote. Then the dems wouldn't be redistributing wealth to garner
votes.

Ed Rinehart wrote:

Is it true that Saddam allowed himself to be brought out of hiding so

he
could endorse Howard Dean?

Marv Soloff

I tried reading the Constitution, but the Bush Administration has
recalled it because it violates the Patriot Act.. Not to worry, the
White House is re-writing it. You'll love the new one - if you can get
out of the concentration camp to read it.

Regards,

Marv

Ed Rinehart wrote:

Is it true that Saddam allowed himself to be brought out of hiding so

he

could endorse Howard Dean?

PENMART01

Marv the Perv whined:

I tried reading the Constitution,

Marv

If only you weren't a functionally illiterate *******... and what kinda faggot
name is Marv... Maaaaarrrv... you faggot piece of ****, you must be Ken Davey's
little faggot belly warmer.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Glenn Ashmore

PENMART01 wrote:
Marv the Perv whined:

I tried reading the Constitution,

Marv

If only you weren't a functionally illiterate *******... and what
kinda faggot name is Marv... Maaaaarrrv... you faggot piece of ****,
you must be Ken Davey's little faggot belly warmer.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Talk about pots and kettles. Here is the typical "conservative". At
least Gunner thinks.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Marv Soloff

Another Republican

Regards,

Marv

PENMART01 wrote:
Marv the Perv whined:

I tried reading the Constitution,

Marv

If only you weren't a functionally illiterate *******... and what kinda faggot
name is Marv... Maaaaarrrv... you faggot piece of ****, you must be Ken Davey's
little faggot belly warmer.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Ken Davey

Marv Soloff wrote:
Another Republican

Regards,

Marv

PENMART01 wrote:
Marv the Perv whined:

I tried reading the Constitution,

Marv

If only you weren't a functionally illiterate *******... and what
kinda faggot name is Marv... Maaaaarrrv... you faggot piece of ****,
you must be Ken Davey's little faggot belly warmer.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Hoo boy. It is fulfilled I am.
Stomped Sheldon's (aka penmart01) ass so bad he had to come here from rfc to
insult me.
**** off Sheldon. Your drivel will get short shrift here.
Ken.

Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:33:57 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Hey Gunner, remind me not to get your dander up! Although I think we were
cut from the same sheet.
P.S. I e-mailed you about more info on the Para .45, you might not have
gotten it 'cause the Dems don't want me to have a new gun and intercepted
the mail.

Hummmm send it again to gunnerasch AT myway Dot com and Ill answer
any questions you might have on the Paras. (Made by our good friends
in Canada btw G) or building your own Frankengun.

Gunner

.. .

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

Gunner

Tom Gardner wrote:
the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

The Dems are actually a bit better about taking money. Not only taking
ours, they take it from the Red Chinese as well.

The Repugs are clever enough to take out children's and
grandchildren's money and use it to buy votes from some of
us with tax breaks.

Dick

You are well named.

The Demonrats are clever enough to pack buses full of winos and street
people by giving them booze and smokes, then driving them to rallies
and polling places, using children and grandchildrens money.

Gunner

You can't refute the facts so you are reduced to that. Sad.

Dick

Dicky old buddy..you made a basic flaw in your spew....and I called
you on it. First of all..what is a tax break? Its getting more of
your own money back, that was taken from YOU in the first place. Not
some nebulous treasure chest that has your kids and grand kids names
on it.

Tell you what..how about letting me keep my own money, and passing it
on the my children and grandchildren, and not letting the Government
get their Handling Fee chunk out of it, and I can even make MY money
make more money by either interest or dividends, allowing my children
and grand children to inherit even MORE money.

You made some spew with vile intent about buying votes with tax
breaks. I will vote for nearly anyone who wants to steal LESS of my
money, or give me my money back. Wouldnt you? Or would you rather let
some administrator handle your money, syphon 75% off the top for
administration fees, then **** the remaining 25% away?

If you do, I can recommend a really good law firm, Cheatum,Bilkum and
Stole to do trust fund planning for you.

I made the comment about the Demonrats Directly buying votes with your
money by paying for winos etc to vote. Quite true.

Is there some reason you are unable to see the difference between
getting your own money back, and letting some Party hack **** it away
on booze and smokes to a bunch of unemployed(able) winos?

If you are unable to..no wonder you are a Dem.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:33:52 GMT, Marv Soloff
wrote:

All the Dems will do this time around is to try to prevent Bush (any of
'em) from stealing another election. Used to be a crime in this country.

Regards,

Marv

And its a damned shame so many Dems were not prosecuted for trying to
steal the last one. But alls well that ends well.

Gunner

Ed Rinehart wrote:

Is it true that Saddam allowed himself to be brought out of hiding so he
could endorse Howard Dean?

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:35:44 -0500, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

PENMART01 wrote:
Marv the Perv whined:

I tried reading the Constitution,

Marv

If only you weren't a functionally illiterate *******... and what
kinda faggot name is Marv... Maaaaarrrv... you faggot piece of ****,
you must be Ken Davey's little faggot belly warmer.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Talk about pots and kettles. Here is the typical "conservative". At
least Gunner thinks.

Glen..the poster is simply a troll. If such is your state of
intellectual discrimination on such subjects...please h ire a first
mate before going off shore.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:35:15 GMT, Marv Soloff
wrote:

They have to - the Red Chinese are the only ones with money - they have
taken all of our jobs.

Regards,

Marv

Hummmm after 8 yrs of Democrat administration devoted to furthering
their agendas with Chicom money, you are willing to mention that?
Good boy..maybe there is hope.

Gunner

Tom Gardner wrote:

the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

The Dems are actually a bit better about taking money. Not only taking
ours, they take it from the Red Chinese as well.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Marv Soloff

There is always hope. The problem is, the solutions to this country's
problems may not appear in our lifetimes. I grow increasingly depressed:
a personal vendetta masquerading as a war in Iraq, fueled by friends of
the White House; some thirty or forty million Americans living at or
near the poverty level; deteriorating educational standards and the
millions of kids who can only play video games but cannot read or write
or do simple math; the rape of our elderly by greedy pharmaceutical
houses (the new Medicare bill is a masterpiece - a 1000 page document so
studded with political pork you can use it for Christmas dinner), the
environment, fuel oil (and natural gas) prices ...... and on, and on.

We have no money to feed our kids a decent school lunch - but we have 86
Billion to send to Iraq. Something is wrong somewhere.

Oh, well. Best wishes to you and yours for the Christmas season. And,
as Tiny Tim (notorious left wing agitator and peacenik) said: "God bless
us. Every One."

Regards,

Marv

Tom Gardner wrote:

the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

The Dems are actually a bit better about taking money. Not only taking
ours, they take it from the Red Chinese as well.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

JTMcC

"Marv Soloff" wrote in message
There is always hope. The problem is, the solutions to this country's
problems may not appear in our lifetimes. I grow increasingly depressed:
a personal vendetta masquerading as a war in Iraq, fueled by friends of
the White House; some thirty or forty million Americans living at or
near the poverty level;

Have you ever in your lifetime lived at or near the poverty line? I have and
so have many others, that didn't stop there, just passed on thru. A lot of
folks do this as young married couples starting out, only to move on to
bigger and better times.

deteriorating educational standards and the
millions of kids who can only play video games but cannot read or write
or do simple math; the rape of our elderly by greedy pharmaceutical
houses

How long can a business operate at a loss and still develope safe and
effective medicine?

(the new Medicare bill is a masterpiece - a 1000 page document so
studded with political pork you can use it for Christmas dinner), the

Gotta agree with that one.

environment, fuel oil (and natural gas) prices ...... and on, and on.

We have no money to feed our kids a decent school lunch

I do too, my kids have been well fed all their lives, why pray tell should I
expect others to pay for food for my children? I decided to have them, I
will feed them. Simple.

- but we have 86
Billion to send to Iraq. Something is wrong somewhere.

Oh, well. Best wishes to you and yours for the Christmas season. And,
as Tiny Tim (notorious left wing agitator and peacenik) said: "God bless
us. Every One."

Regards,

Marv

Ho!, Ho!, Ho! to you!
JTMcC.

Tom Gardner wrote:

the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

The Dems are actually a bit better about taking money. Not only taking
ours, they take it from the Red Chinese as well.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Tom Gardner

Just heard on the radio (NPR) that we are having the economy growing at the
greatest pace in 20 years. Hmmm. Tax cuts seem to be working and for good
reason: Money gets spent! Either in investments and jobs that will bring
in more tax dollars in the long run and remember that each dolar created or
spent in a community circulates in that community 7 times. As I can afford
it, I hire more people, buy more materials, make and sell more stuff...
because that's how I make money. Shame on me for being a capitolist and
riding the backs of the poor. Just don't tell my employees how abused they
are and how the tax cuts that are responsible for their jobs are ruining
their grandchildren's lives. In the grand scheme of things the tax cuts
make sence except to people that want to cut the goose open and get all the
gold.

"D.B." wrote in message
t...

wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

What you apparently fail to understand is that Bush and his
administration and Congresscritter cronies are merely
shifting and postponing taxes.

Gumnt spending is higher, gumnt income is lower. The money
to straighten out the mess is going to come from future
generations and not so future generations in the form of
inflation and higher taxes.

The problem wasn't high taxes, the problem was high
spending. Cutting taxes while increasing spending is just
plain dumb.

If you are unable to..no wonder you are a Dem.

Gunner

Slapping labels on people without having any idea what you
are talking about says more about you than it does me.

Dick

Marv Soloff

JTMcC wrote:
"Marv Soloff" wrote in message

There is always hope. The problem is, the solutions to this country's
problems may not appear in our lifetimes. I grow increasingly depressed:
a personal vendetta masquerading as a war in Iraq, fueled by friends of
the White House; some thirty or forty million Americans living at or
near the poverty level;

Have you ever in your lifetime lived at or near the poverty line? I have and
so have many others, that didn't stop there, just passed on thru. A lot of
folks do this as young married couples starting out, only to move on to
bigger and better times.

Sure have - and now that I am retired and have seen my pensions
disappear due to corporate jiggery-pokery, I'll be at the poverty line
again. But I know how to do it this time around.

deteriorating educational standards and the

millions of kids who can only play video games but cannot read or write
or do simple math; the rape of our elderly by greedy pharmaceutical
houses

How long can a business operate at a loss and still develope safe and
effective medicine?

Seems the Pharms can make a profit on the same medications they sell to
Canada or Mexico for half what they sell them for here. I call that
price gouging.

(the new Medicare bill is a masterpiece - a 1000 page document so

studded with political pork you can use it for Christmas dinner), the

Gotta agree with that one.

environment, fuel oil (and natural gas) prices ...... and on, and on.

We have no money to feed our kids a decent school lunch

I do too, my kids have been well fed all their lives, why pray tell should I
expect others to pay for food for my children? I decided to have them, I
will feed them. Simple.

My kids have also been fed and clothed all their lives - but millions of
kids come to school hungry every day. I think it is bizarre to find
that the Iraqui and Afghani kids have lunch on Uncle Sam every day - but
the poorer kids in Detroit or Camden have no funding for milk or bread
or meat.

- but we have 86

Billion to send to Iraq. Something is wrong somewhere.

Oh, well. Best wishes to you and yours for the Christmas season. And,
as Tiny Tim (notorious left wing agitator and peacenik) said: "God bless
us. Every One."

Regards,

Marv

Ho!, Ho!, Ho! to you!
JTMcC.

Thanks! and a great Holiday to you and a prosperous New Year.

Regards,

Marv

Tom Gardner wrote:

the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

The Dems are actually a bit better about taking money. Not only taking
ours, they take it from the Red Chinese as well.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Gunner

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 08:21:49 -0800, D.B. wrote:

Is there some reason you are unable to see the difference between
getting your own money back, and letting some Party hack **** it away
on booze and smokes to a bunch of unemployed(able) winos?

What you apparently fail to understand is that Bush and his
administration and Congresscritter cronies are merely
shifting and postponing taxes.

Gumnt spending is higher, gumnt income is lower. The money
to straighten out the mess is going to come from future
generations and not so future generations in the form of
inflation and higher taxes.

The problem wasn't high taxes, the problem was high
spending. Cutting taxes while increasing spending is just
plain dumb.

Every tax break in the last 60 yrs that Im aware of, resulted in
increased revenues...very increased revenues. Need the cites?

No nation on earth ever taxed itself into prosperity.

You do understand that we are recovering from a recession, are you
not? Where incomes and tax revenues were all low for the most part.
Lets discuss this issue 1 yr from now, and bring your data.

If you are unable to..no wonder you are a Dem.

Gunner

Slapping labels on people without having any idea what you
are talking about says more about you than it does me.

Dick

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, has webbed feet, and has
a ducks agenda, there is no reason to suspect its a toaster.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Gunner

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 18:32:29 GMT, Marv Soloff
wrote:

I do too, my kids have been well fed all their lives, why pray tell should I
expect others to pay for food for my children? I decided to have them, I
will feed them. Simple.

My kids have also been fed and clothed all their lives - but millions of
kids come to school hungry every day. I think it is bizarre to find
that the Iraqui and Afghani kids have lunch on Uncle Sam every day - but
the poorer kids in Detroit or Camden have no funding for milk or bread
or meat.

Millions of kids come to school hungry. Given the obscene amounts of
money we pay out to entitlements such as WIC (and its clones), welfare
in its various guises..there is no reason for those kids to come to
school hungry. And when they do..they are fed in every school that I
can think of.

Now why are those kids coming to school hungry? No money for food at
home? Interesting. Why not? Dad a drunk and Mom a crack ho?

Please tell me WHERE in the USA children cannot get welfare money for
food. Not that its anyones responsibility to pay for Momma or Poppas
**** poor child raising ability..but please trot out the data for us.

Also be sure to include the 8 million or so illegal aliens that are
also leeching off the various programs. Please include the data that
shows the medical intitlements are virtually bankrupt because of the
awful drain on the medical, welfare and school system by illegals as
well.

Hot Lunch Program? Oh..thats where the Eeeevillll Republicans want to
starve the Children, right?

Odd..I brought a lunch from home every day in a lunch bucked when I
went to school, even when I worked. Imagine that. And gosh a
roonie..my neighbor wasnt forced at gun point to pay for my lunch.
Odd how that happens

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

You do understand that we are recovering from a recession, are you
not?

Oddly enought the article in the NY Times yesterday
said that even throughout the recession, business
profits have been steadily increasing. The number
of unemployed however is still not going down at
this time, and wages are not going up.

The article made the point that I've been stressing
all along, that the unemployed workers are being
counted on to buy stuff, to stimulate the economy,
which will not happen until they either a) get a
job if they're unemployed, or b) get a raise if
they are employed.

Jim

please reply to:

JTMcC

JTMcC wrote:
[...]

I would have to see proof of those millions of hungry kids. When my wife was
running the meal program at the local school (K thu 8th grade, 2 room rural
school that had about 27 or so kids) in the mid 90's, the school recieved
federal money for free or reduced breakfast, and lunch. Full price lunch -
$1.25, reduced price - $0.60, and free was of course - free, breakfast was a
little lower. Add to that the welfare programs available - WIC, Food Stamps,
ect. plus the local food banks, plus most churches keep a supply of food on
hand for those that need it and there is little or no reason for a kid,
much less millions of kids to go to school hungry.
The High School down the road doesn't prepare lunches, but has a lunch room
with venders (Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Subway, plus a couple of local joints
that prepare and serve food kinda like the food court at a mall. Qualifying
students get vouchers, good at all the venders. I just don't see these
hungry kids, and I belong to a couple of organizations that feed/cloth/ect.
kids in need whenever and wherever they are found.
This is the most generous country in the history of the world, the hungry
have many many sources of help.

Ho Ho Ho!

JTMcC.

wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

the Dems don't either - they just take
OURS and buy votes with it.

But Tom, the Dems are more efficient at taking our money. The

Repugs
have their CEO cronies take it and then pass it on to the RNC and

Mr.
Bush. I say, eliminate the middleman!

The Dems are actually a bit better about taking money. Not only

taking
ours, they take it from the Red Chinese as well.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun

is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Gunner

On 24 Dec 2003 13:27:57 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

You do understand that we are recovering from a recession, are you
not?

Oddly enought the article in the NY Times yesterday
said that even throughout the recession, business
profits have been steadily increasing. The number
of unemployed however is still not going down at
this time, and wages are not going up.

The article made the point that I've been stressing
all along, that the unemployed workers are being
counted on to buy stuff, to stimulate the economy,
which will not happen until they either a) get a
job if they're unemployed, or b) get a raise if
they are employed.

Jim

Personal income tax revenues are a drop in the bucket in total amounts
of tax revenues generated IRRC.

On a side note..a lot of those jobs are never coming back. Period. End
program, full stop.

Companies that have survived the DotCom explosion and the recession
have gotten lean and mean, became more productive with less labor
costs. Hence more product with less employees. Business generated
tax revenues will continue to climb because of the tax cut, however as
you stated, personal income tax revenues will stay static or fall some
as people take lower paying jobs to stay afloat.

Cites to the contrary?

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Bray Haven

Just heard on the radio (NPR) that we are having the economy growing at the
greatest pace in 20 years.

Ha, that must've stuck in their liberal throats on the way up ) (having to
admit that)
Greg Sefton
Bray Haven

The article made the point that I've been stressing
all along, that the unemployed workers are being
counted on to buy stuff, to stimulate the economy,
which will not happen until they either a) get a
job if they're unemployed, or b) get a raise if
they are employed.

Jim

Which only goes to show that if you look hard enough at anything, no matter how
good it is, you can find something to bitch about. THat's the democratic
strategy for the coming year. Maybe you could get a job on one of the
campaigns Jim... and stimulate the economy ).
Greg Sefton
Glenn Ashmore

JTMcC wrote:

[...]

You may not have noticed but on February 23rd of this year the
Republicans forced through a bill in The House of Representatives to
effectively abolish the School lunch program by laying it off on the
cash poor states. The only thing that saved it in the Senate was the
big agribusiness lobby.

Now Pete Domenici who supported the bill in the Spring is bragging on
how he "saved" it after it was renewed in November.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Hence more product with less employees.

Umm, you missed the point. They can manufacture
all the product they want, but if nobody buys it
it's not going to produce profit, and there's
not going to be any tax revenue.

The gist of the article is, well the recession
wasn't that bad, we are pulling out. But somebody
better be there to consume or it's gonna start
to stall.

Jim

please reply to:

JTMcC

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message

JTMcC wrote:

[...]

Forced? Was this done at gunpoint?

through a bill in The House of Representatives to
effectively abolish the School lunch program by laying it off on the
cash poor states.

A program that uses tax dollars is IMO administered more effectively at
lower levels of government, the lower the better, because at least SOME
level of accountability comes into play. A beaurocrat in Washington can
waste my money with impunity, he fears NO citizen. My local county
supervisors however, do fear the consequences of the actions they take.

Deck the halls!

JTMcC.

The only thing that saved it in the Senate was the
big agribusiness lobby.

Now Pete Domenici who supported the bill in the Spring is bragging on
how he "saved" it after it was renewed in November.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

OT- Did the Prez lie about WMD? Gunner Metalworking 127 December 18th 03 01:36 PM
Saddam resembles Beecrofter Metalworking 1 December 15th 03 08:26 AM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM
OT- Intelligence Bombshell: Saddam Financed Lead 9/11 Hijacker Gunner Metalworking 27 November 19th 03 01:17 AM