JTMcC

Default Saddam rumor true?

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news:eIoGb.10871$JD6.6056@lakeread04...

JTMcC wrote:

I would have to see proof of those millions of hungry kids. When my wife

was
running the meal program at the local school (K thu 8th grade, 2 room

rural
school that had about 27 or so kids) in the mid 90's, the school

recieved
federal money for free or reduced breakfast, and lunch. Full price

lunch -
$1.25, reduced price - $0.60, and free was of course - free, breakfast

was a
little lower. Add to that the welfare programs available - WIC, Food

Stamps,
ect. plus the local food banks, plus most churches keep a supply of food

on
hand for those that need it and there is little or no reason for a kid,
much less millions of kids to go to school hungry.
The High School down the road doesn't prepare lunches, but has a lunch

room
with venders (Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Subway, plus a couple of local

joints
that prepare and serve food kinda like the food court at a mall.

Qualifying
students get vouchers, good at all the venders. I just don't see these
hungry kids, and I belong to a couple of organizations that

feed/cloth/ect.
kids in need whenever and wherever they are found.
This is the most generous country in the history of the world, the

hungry
have many many sources of help.

Ho Ho Ho!

JTMcC.

You may not have noticed but on February 23rd of this year the
Republicans forced

Forced? Was this done at gunpoint?

through a bill in The House of Representatives to
effectively abolish the School lunch program by laying it off on the
cash poor states.

A program that uses tax dollars is IMO administered more effectively at
lower levels of government, the lower the better, because at least SOME
level of accountability comes into play. A beaurocrat in Washington can
waste my money with impunity, he fears NO citizen. My local county
supervisors however, do fear the consequences of the actions they take.

Deck the halls!

JTMcC.

The only thing that saved it in the Senate was the
big agribusiness lobby.

Now Pete Domenici who supported the bill in the Spring is bragging on
how he "saved" it after it was renewed in November.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com