Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is this true?

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:53:51 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Norminn" wrote in message
news
wrote:

I found this on another newsgroup.
Someone said as a prank, pour unflavoured gelatin in a friend's (or
enemy's) toilet bowl and stir. it can't be flushed, and it looks just
like water. Imagine the scenarios.

Is this true?

Saran wrap across the bowl, under the seat, is a bigger hoot and safer.
At least it was when I was a kid.

Ketchup packets (with a tiny slit facing inward) under the seat.

About a month ago, someone sent me a link to a prank played on a parent, by
a radio announcer. He called a mother, said he was a guidance counselor at
her son's school, and told her they'd discovered that her son was a
heterosexual. The woman didn't know what the word meant, so she freaked out
completely. :-)

Now that's funny !!!!!

When I was in my teens, on April fools day I waited till my parents
went to bed. Then I put scotch tape on one prong of every electrical
thing in the house and plugged them back in. Everything except the
refrigerator. I left that plugged in, but substituted a buzzer for
the lightbulb inside, using a screw in socket adaptor.
I also put saran wrap in the bathroom and kitchen sink strainers.

Then I waited for them to get up. First it was the kitchen faucet
that did not work, then The coffer maker did not work, the tv did not
work as well as my dads razor and the radio. When mom opened the
refrigerator and that loud buzzer went off, she freaked.

When dad went to the fusebox, there was a note inside that said "APRIL
FOOL". He proceeded to tighten all the fuses and went to the water
meter thinking I had shut off the water. There he found another note
that said "APRIL FOOL".

That's when he had a "family talk" with me. He acted mad, but weeks
later he admitted it was pretty funny. Mom on the other hand did not
thing any of it was funny.

So, I proceeded to remove all the tape and saran wrap. I was
finishing about the time dad went out to start the car, and came back
in the house cussing. Then he asked me where I hid the coil wire from
the car. I grinned and told him to read the back of the APRIL FOOL
sign under the hood......

Several years later when I got my own car, I went out to the car on
April 1, and could not get the key in the foor lock. I removed the
scotch tape, and found the ignition key would not go in the hole.
Yep, more tape. I removed the tape and turned the ignition. Bothing
happened. I opened the hood and found a sign that said "APRIL FOOL"
next to the battery and saw the battery cable removed. I put it back
on and got in the car. The car cranked, but would not start. Sure
enough, the coil; wire was gone. Thet's when I noticed dad laughing
his butt off by the window, and when I remembered what I did. I
looked at the back of the sign, and it said "coil wire under front
seat". I guess he got back at me....

But thats not the end. When I came home that evening I went to my
room and turned on my tv. It didn't work. Neither did my stereo.
That's when I foind the "APRIL FOOL" sign by the outlet, and proceeded
to remove scotch tape.

This sort of things seemed to happen every year after that, It was
all pretty funny, and mom just did her best to cope. I know she had
fun too, because she was always telling our relatives aboutit, and
they would always ask me what I planned to do next year. Some of them
even started doing some of this silliness, and one of them rigged up a
coil from a car to the bottom of a chair with a flashlight battery and
everyone got to test that goofy thing out.

My best prank on them was a few years later when I connected their tv
to one of those Radio Shack remote control power modules. This was
before they had a tv with a remote and had to manually turn the set
on. They could not understand why the tv went off everytime they sat
on the couch, but would come back on everytime they got off the couch.
I had a walkie talkie under the couch with the reansmit button taped
down, so I could hear when they sat down or got up, and I just pushed
the on-off button on the remote accordingly.

All of it was harmless fun,
Those were the good old days !!!