Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Is this true?

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:15:52 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:00:31 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:18:38 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

It's not about toilets, but I know about a hospital patient who got to
go out for the day. He spent much of the time picking and eating wild
berries. After returning, a nurse thought his mouth was bleeding.
--
Mark Lloyd

I have this image of a crazy man crawling through the fields, madly
eating berries, wearing torn white hospital clothes.

I know it's only the berries that are wild, and you didn't say it was
a mental hospital, but that's the image I get. I think "hospital
patient" who gets to go out for the day sounds like a mental patient
to me, and after that, there's no telling what he woud do.

Nurse Ratched - ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST.

I hadn't seen a mental hospital at that time, but what was shown in
that movie looked like what I'd expect, considering all the stories I
heard about them (even lobotomies and ECT as "punishment").

BTW, I remember hearing that the inventor of the lobotomy is the only
person ever to receive a Nobel Prize for the treatment of mental
illness.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."

--