Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Does this exist...

Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:25:17 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson

---
Probably the easiest way to get it is to have a friendly local machinist
make it for you.

One pass with an end mill to allow the next pass with a ball-end mill to
be made and it's done as long as the slot will be wide enough to let
your whatever-it-is into the channel.

Another way, if you're just looking to retain the whatever-it-is might
be to use some of that channel they use for shelving:

+-----------+
| +-------+ |
| | | |
| +-+ +-+ |
+---+ +---+

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

In article , Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson

I have seen square top screws inserted and will not twist when you tighten.

greg

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message
Does this exist...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.
...Jim Thompson

I have tubs of these (not really mine though) and they are easy
to find .... 8}

Attached Thumbnails
Does this exist...-img_1608-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

In message , robb
writes
I have tubs of these (not really mine though) and they are easy
to find .... 8}

Nothing to be ashamed of, when my boy was born one of the things I asked
my partner was 'Can i buy a train set now? Which reminds me....

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson

Looks like a standard "T" bolt slot to me ! Like on lathe or machine
beds but with a radiused bottom.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Archimedes' Lever wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:07:58 GMT, (GregS)
wrote:

In article , Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson

I have seen square top screws inserted and will not twist when you tighten.

greg

Commonly referred to as a "stove bolt". (not commonly, That IS what it
is called)

TRY: Carriage bolt (coach bolt)
Has a domed or countersunk head, and the shank is topped by a short
square section under the head. The square section grips into the part
being fixed (typically wood), preventing the bolt from turning when the
nut is tightened. A rib neck carriage bolt has several longitudinal ribs
instead of the square section, to grip into a metal part being fixed.

NOT: The original usage of the term stovebolt applied to a bolt with a
slotted head that fastened into a nut. This particular bolt design was
often used as a fastener on wood-burning stoves that were fabricated out
of metal sheets, very common in the first half of the 20th century.
Therefore, any slotted-head bolt that looked similar to the bolts in
wood-burning stoves became referred to as a stovebolt.

"WrongAgain!"
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson

What is it about that PDF that makes it hostile to Acrobat?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:24:21 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson

What is it about that PDF that makes it hostile to Acrobat?

Robert,

It was created with Acrobat v7.1.0, by scanning directly into
Acrobat... "make PDF from Scanner".

Given all your various symptoms, I think you have something else wrong
other than Acrobat.

Do you have Acrobat, or do you really have Adobe Reader?

Try looking at installed programs... do you have more than one program
that might be trying to read PDF's?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:41:13 +0100, Clint Sharp
wrote:

In message , robb
writes
I have tubs of these (not really mine though) and they are easy
to find .... 8}

Nothing to be ashamed of, when my boy was born one of the things I asked
my partner was 'Can i buy a train set now? Which reminds me....

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Of course. As soon as a son is born, you ere _entitled_ to buy a
train set ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:41:13 +0100, Clint Sharp
wrote:

In message , robb
writes
I have tubs of these (not really mine though) and they are easy
to find .... 8}

Nothing to be ashamed of, when my boy was born one of the things I asked
my partner was 'Can i buy a train set now? Which reminds me....

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Of course. As soon as a son is born, you ere _entitled_ to buy a
train set ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Aaaah.... wait until the toddler can(barely) speak for himself....
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Robert Baer wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson

What is it about that PDF that makes it hostile to Acrobat?

Acrobat is... lets say... ****! Use foxit reader instead!!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 01:19:57 +0200, Sjouke Burry
wrote:

Robert Baer wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson

What is it about that PDF that makes it hostile to Acrobat?

Acrobat is... lets say... ****! Use foxit reader instead!!!!

Acrobat is a _creator_, Foxit is a _reader_.

I'm curious, what do you folks with "Acrobat" problems have also
installed on your PC's? I suspect freebie virus scan programs.

I have one machine with v4, v5 and v7 co-installed. No problems. I
use v4 for schematics, v5 for form creation and v7 to read stuff the
other versions won't and it also handles scanning nicely.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson

What is it about that PDF that makes it hostile to Acrobat?

Robert,

It was created with Acrobat v7.1.0, by scanning directly into
Acrobat... "make PDF from Scanner".

Given all your various symptoms, I think you have something else wrong
other than Acrobat.

Do you have Acrobat, or do you really have Adobe Reader?

Try looking at installed programs... do you have more than one program
that might be trying to read PDF's?

...Jim Thompson

I have the full Acrobat 4.05 for reading and printing (to PDF).
I have seen this problem before, so i installed FoxIt (which read
your PDF correctly).
Acrobat is the default.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

v4.05 can't cope with some features from v7.1, though, IIRC, I did
reduce the scan to v4 compatibility before posting.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

Try retrieving again...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

It definitely has been made v4 compatible now.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Try retrieving again...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf
It definitely has been made v4 compatible now.

That one worked. Thanks. (The old one didn't.)

Yes, I have a way old version Adobe whatever it's called, the free one.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:29:19 -0500,
(Hal Murray) wrote:

Try retrieving again...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf
It definitely has been made v4 compatible now.

That one worked. Thanks. (The old one didn't.)

Yes, I have a way old version Adobe whatever it's called, the free one.

I'll try to be more careful with my postings and keep them v4
compatible (a nice "save as" feature of v7).

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:29:19 -0500,
(Hal Murray) wrote:

Try retrieving again...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf
It definitely has been made v4 compatible now.

That one worked. Thanks. (The old one didn't.)

Yes, I have a way old version Adobe whatever it's called, the free one.

I'll try to be more careful with my postings and keep them v4
compatible (a nice "save as" feature of v7).

...Jim Thompson

Mine is not allowing it, Jim. The settings button is grayed out.

Is there something in 'Preferences' that I need to set or unset
as the case may be? I'd like to also save PDF's with backwards
compatibility.

Thanks,

Bill

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:19:31 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:29:19 -0500,
(Hal Murray) wrote:

Try retrieving again...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf
It definitely has been made v4 compatible now.

That one worked. Thanks. (The old one didn't.)

Yes, I have a way old version Adobe whatever it's called, the free one.

I'll try to be more careful with my postings and keep them v4
compatible (a nice "save as" feature of v7).

...Jim Thompson

Mine is not allowing it, Jim. The settings button is grayed out.

Is there something in 'Preferences' that I need to set or unset
as the case may be? I'd like to also save PDF's with backwards
compatibility.

Thanks,

Bill

File, Save As (required before next step)...

Reduce File Size, Make Compatible With

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:19:31 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:29:19 -0500,
(Hal Murray) wrote:

Try retrieving again...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf
It definitely has been made v4 compatible now.

That one worked. Thanks. (The old one didn't.)

Yes, I have a way old version Adobe whatever it's called, the free one.

I'll try to be more careful with my postings and keep them v4
compatible (a nice "save as" feature of v7).

...Jim Thompson

Mine is not allowing it, Jim. The settings button is grayed out.

Is there something in 'Preferences' that I need to set or unset
as the case may be? I'd like to also save PDF's with backwards
compatibility.

Thanks,

Bill

File, Save As (required before next step)...

Reduce File Size, Make Compatible With

...Jim Thompson

So it's a 'Reduce File Size' feature, not of 'Save As'. ;-)

Guess I was doing it all along. LOL

Thank you,

Bill Garber of Garberstreet Electronics
http://www.garberstreet.com

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

4.05 is too old, IMHO. 5 or better at a minimum (I have 5 installed on
my ancient (ca. 2003) Win2K machine and there are some things it won't
open, but not too many yet). I think most people saving PDFs for the
most general distribution try to accomodate 5.x.

BTW, at the other side of the spectrum, apparently the I7
hyperthreading works really, really well on LTSPICE. Can't wait to
pair that up with Win7 64 bit.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/3051500

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Robert Baer wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson
What is it about that PDF that makes it hostile to Acrobat?

Acrobat is... lets say... ****! Use foxit reader instead!!!!

Acrobat is a _creator_, Foxit is a _reader_.

I'm curious, what do you folks with "Acrobat" problems have also
installed on your PC's? I suspect freebie virus scan programs.

I have one machine with v4, v5 and v7 co-installed. No problems. I
use v4 for schematics, v5 for form creation and v7 to read stuff the
other versions won't and it also handles scanning nicely.

...Jim Thompson

Foxit reads my pdf's fine, and openoffice is sufficient
for me to produce them.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Robert Baer wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson
What is it about that PDF that makes it hostile to Acrobat?
Acrobat is... lets say... ****! Use foxit reader instead!!!!

Acrobat is a _creator_, Foxit is a _reader_.

I'm curious, what do you folks with "Acrobat" problems have also
installed on your PC's? I suspect freebie virus scan programs.

I have one machine with v4, v5 and v7 co-installed. No problems. I
use v4 for schematics, v5 for form creation and v7 to read stuff the
other versions won't and it also handles scanning nicely.

...Jim Thompson

Foxit reads my pdf's fine, and openoffice is sufficient
for me to produce them.

I am _so_ happy for you ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Obama seems to need to take the term "bully pulpit" literally :-(
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 07:57:59 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Try looking at installed programs... do you have more than one program
that might be trying to read PDF's?

...Jim Thompson

Windows only allows one program to be associated with a file extension.
DUH!

Imagine that!

At any time with most files, one can right click on the file and select
"Open with" to select a different program for association or with which
to run it.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 02:01:17 -0700
From: Robert Baer
Newsgroups:
sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.ele ctronic,sci.electronics.cad
Subject: Does this exist...

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic:161302 sci.electronics.design:1043291

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

Using Windows XP SP3, Internet Explorer 8, and Adobe Reader 9.0, Jim's PDF
displays with no obvious problems.

Best Regards,
Ken Fowler, KO6NO
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

Worked very nicely.
With one exception, "upgraded" programs create files that are
incompatible with older versions of the "same" program; it is rare that
a program allows one to create files fit for other versions, as well as
rare that the newer version even reads (some of the) olcer version files.
The exception is PKZIP / Winzip; so far it seems that it makes no
difference in reading or writing (between an old DOS ver 2.04g Feb 1993
and WinZip 8.1 SR-2 2001?).
Compatible across the time spectrum and use spectrum; incredible!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 23:06:11 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Worked very nicely.
With one exception, "upgraded" programs create files that are
incompatible with older versions of the "same" program; it is rare that
a program allows one to create files fit for other versions, as well as
rare that the newer version even reads (some of the) olcer version files.

Excel 2007 does a fine job of making backward compatible, as well as
co-compatible workbooks.

Also, if one makes a new, 2k7 file and attempts to open it with 2k3, it
will prompt you for the DL of the compatibility code so that 2k3 can open
2k7 files.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:50:23 -0500, flipper wrote:

wrote:

Worked very nicely.
With one exception, "upgraded" programs create files that are
incompatible with older versions of the "same" program; it is rare that
a program allows one to create files fit for other versions, as well as
rare that the newer version even reads (some of the) olcer version files.

Excel 2007 does a fine job of making backward compatible, as well as
co-compatible workbooks.

Also, if one makes a new, 2k7 file and attempts to open it with 2k3, it
will prompt you for the DL of the compatibility code so that 2k3 can open
2k7 files.

Not to mention you can save from Word 2k7 in Word97-2k3 format.

As I stated above, it has no problem creating a backward compatible
workbook.

As for Acrobat, I'm using 7 and you can make version 4 compatible
files and considering (free) Acrobat Reader 6 was the last Windows98
version that's a fair amount of backwards compatibility.

I am using the latest and greatest, like 9 or 10 or whatever. I do not
wait around like the Win 95 first release Luddite dopes do.

I couldn't remember off hand so I pulled out an old Compaq Contura
notebook with WFW 3.11 and the last Acrobat Reader for that was 3. But
it read the posted PDF just fine anyway.

WFW 3.11 was a great little ship. I sailed it for years on many a Sea.

What a blast from the past. 8 meg RAM, 4 bit color... woohoo! and
sound (such as it is) faked by software modulating the beep speaker.
Calmira installed to make it 'look like' (sorta) Windows95.

I had a 286 the drove a mono card and a 720x640 Hi Res Ball 12 Volt
Green mono CRT for my first box. It started out with a 10MB Tandon
original Full Ht HD and 2MB RAM and no math co-processor. I was lucky to
get it for $200.

I paid nearly $600 for my first 16MB block of RAM for a 386 I had.

I paid nearly $600 for my first SCSI 1GB Full Ht HD, which I referred
to as my "Black Hole" at the time. My how those times have changed.

At least the files are bigger for a reason. The images are higher
resolution :-) Now, don't go reading into this statement... ;-)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:52:45 -0500, flipper wrote:

I am using the latest and greatest, like 9 or 10 or whatever. I do not
wait around like the Win 95 first release Luddite dopes do.

Well, goodie for money bags you. These things aren't free, you know,
and my interneten boxen gets the older versions.

I referred to the reader, which is free.

I create PDFs from within Quark or whatever else I want.

If I wanted the full Adobe, I could get it, no problem.

Our company buys so many seats of so many different softwares that we
have agreements to get home installations so our employees can
telecommute to a degree, if need be.

Office is free, though I had already bought mine.

We get antivirus packages and CAD. It all depends on the individual
needs of each worker.

On a different note, a little helpful rant for all...

Better start thinking about Windows 7 if you currently use XP at your
work, because XP will no longer get security service packs or even small
updates beyond this coming April. Security is a major factor. I can
tell you right now that there are a slew of viruses out there that are
going undetected. You guys all need to belly up to the bar or your
workplaces will end up compromised. Pay now or pay shortly thereafter.
XP will be rendered vulnerable after it is no longer getting updated.
7 is stable out of the box, and has hundreds of software engineers and
computer scientists that are American and DO get paid behind it. WE can
DEMAND that they get their customer service end **** together, but other
than that, it is a VERY stable company. How many of you are glad that
you have/had some MS stock now or at some other time in its history?

Granted, Linux is secure from conception, but mainly only because it is
not what is being used on the mainstream desktops of corporate America.
If it were, you can bet that it too would be found to have
vulnerabilities, and more would be created, as you cannot digress from
the current "standard of living" by cutting back on flash or other
currently compromised multimedia methods.

Don't fool yourselves, folks, America is the primary target. They are
after you at work, and they are after you personally right where you are
sitting now. Y'ALL need to wake the **** up.

Instead of ****ing all over Windows because Bill was so successful, you
should all be buying it, because our economy needs it, and you need to be
secure at home, and don't think for a moment that you are not. If you
are compromised, then so are ANY of your encrypted volumes, etc. that you
THINK are safe. If you are 'IN' THEY are IN. All these compromises add
up to an eroded GNP, and that goes for all countries, so WISE UP, folks!
Trust me, you anarchists are brainless twits, while you sit there with
OUR technology in front of you, which you could never maintain or evolve
without us... It would never work. Why would you want that for your
kids, and there kids, you stupid ****s?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:52:45 -0500, flipper wrote:

Yep. The 'good ole days'.

I keep it on a couple of old machines that aren't useful for much else
as a reminder and I still like my AfterDark Star Trek screen saver.

Somewhere around here I've got my original XT too, and the Atari 800,
and the Sinclair. The Sinclair makes for an amusing paper weight, not
much different than when it was new, but Atari Space Battle is still
fun.

You have to DL Mame.

Then, you need to DL the now 130 GB + ROM archive of every upright
video game you ever saw, including the now working Laser Disc based
coin-ops. You can get away with about a 35Gb archive that gets you about
7200 games and the sound files for certain games that had cassette player
inside them.

The neat part is that it emulates nearly every cpu you ever saw, used,
worked with, etc, etc, etc, and they are ALL in separate code modules for
easy examination and learning from. Most popular upright coin-op cpu as
I recall was the Z80.

http://www.mameui.info/#

That is the Windows versions front end. You can compile your own under
Linux or any other platform if you know your way around makefiles.

http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=163

You need ROMs too, and those are on binary newsgroups like:

alt.binaries.emulators.mame

and you can find torrents of entire archives to get started with, which
is good if it is well seeded. A good example:

http://www.mininova.org/search/mame/size
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:52:45 -0500, flipper wrote:

I had a 286 the drove a mono card and a 720x640 Hi Res Ball 12 Volt
Green mono CRT for my first box. It started out with a 10MB Tandon
original Full Ht HD and 2MB RAM and no math co-processor. I was lucky to
get it for $200.

My first box was a Nova 2/10 mini-computer with 64k core RAM and 2
1.25Meg pizza platters, one removable and one fixed (just no door on a
second pack), hard drive. I was lucky to pull it out of a dumpster,
including the 6 foot 19 inch rack to mount the thing in. Repaired it
and, voilą, I had a blower driven 1.5kW space heater.

Hahahah... Two birds, one stone from my pov. That monitor on my first
one was still in the cardboard box it got shipped in, and I still have it
that way. I only needed to hook up one com cable, and one 12V source.
I wonder if DVI has signals that could drive it as a second monitor...
heheh that would be cool.

Hacking in a junked Hewlett Packard high speed tape reader wasn't very
difficult but a printer was out of reach, as was any really 'useful'
software (unless you wanted to operate a chemical plant) but the
sucker worked.

That is pretty neat. Pulling partially loaded racks out of dumpsters
must be fun too. Just happened to have your truck with you, eh?

I paid nearly $600 for my first 16MB block of RAM for a 386 I had.

I paid nearly $600 for my first SCSI 1GB Full Ht HD, which I referred
to as my "Black Hole" at the time. My how those times have changed.

Hehe. Yeah. I remember when a 10Meg hard drive was the cat's meow.

I have a 10MB Tandon, then the 16MB, then the zone sectored format that
bumped it to 22MB IIRC,then the 32MB zone sectored

At least the files are bigger for a reason. The images are higher
resolution :-) Now, don't go reading into this statement... ;-)

Oh, I'm sure you mean high resolution, false color, stellar mapping

No... Rusty and Edie's :-P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusty_n_Edie%27s_BBS

I actually remember BBS's pretty fondly.

Yes, I love the Hubble stuff.

I also love fractals. I had "FracTools" back when everyone was at 16
color EGA, then VGA. It was the bee's knees. It had advantages over the
current apps too, so I am going to try and revive it inside of a DOSBox
session or such. It had like a Gem (OS) front end or something. Most
current GUIs puke on it when I try to run it.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:45:19 -0500, flipper wrote:

it is rare
that a program allows one to create files fit for other versions."

Bull****. It is common with big name applications.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:45:19 -0500, flipper wrote:

If you wish to make some statement about Quark's backward
compatibility with previous versions then be my guest.

You're an idiot. I am not your guest, however, I do not need your
permission to post whatever I want about whatever I want.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 13:11:39 -0500, flipper wrote:

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 08:04:59 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:45:19 -0500, flipper wrote:

it is rare
that a program allows one to create files fit for other versions."

Bull****. It is common with big name applications.

I didn't say it. See the ending " mark?

Of course, you knew that when you hacked up up the message.

You're a ****ing idiot.

R8 extension? Do they exist? BillM[_2_] Metalworking 11 June 11th 08 05:26 PM
Does this exist? Chris Styles UK diy 7 November 13th 06 06:25 PM
Does it exist? bobs Electronics Repair 8 May 3rd 06 04:51 AM
"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake Home Repair 0 March 10th 05 10:03 PM
"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake Home Repair 1 March 10th 05 08:56 PM