Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Does this exist...

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 02:01:17 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:24:21 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson
What is it about that PDF that makes it hostile to Acrobat?

Robert,

It was created with Acrobat v7.1.0, by scanning directly into
Acrobat... "make PDF from Scanner".

Given all your various symptoms, I think you have something else wrong
other than Acrobat.

Do you have Acrobat, or do you really have Adobe Reader?

Try looking at installed programs... do you have more than one program
that might be trying to read PDF's?

...Jim Thompson

I have the full Acrobat 4.05 for reading and printing (to PDF).
I have seen this problem before, so i installed FoxIt (which read
your PDF correctly).
Acrobat is the default.

4.05 is too old, IMHO. 5 or better at a minimum (I have 5 installed on
my ancient (ca. 2003) Win2K machine and there are some things it won't
open, but not too many yet). I think most people saving PDFs for the
most general distribution try to accomodate 5.x.

BTW, at the other side of the spectrum, apparently the I7
hyperthreading works really, really well on LTSPICE. Can't wait to
pair that up with Win7 64 bit.