Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default Does this exist...

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:11:08 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 02:01:17 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:24:21 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this exist...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

Ball and _Slot_ as opposed to the usual Ball and Socket.

Low load. Hobby size... maybe 1/4" to 1/2" ball.

...Jim Thompson
What is it about that PDF that makes it hostile to Acrobat?
Robert,

It was created with Acrobat v7.1.0, by scanning directly into
Acrobat... "make PDF from Scanner".

Given all your various symptoms, I think you have something else wrong
other than Acrobat.

Do you have Acrobat, or do you really have Adobe Reader?

Try looking at installed programs... do you have more than one program
that might be trying to read PDF's?

...Jim Thompson
I have the full Acrobat 4.05 for reading and printing (to PDF).
I have seen this problem before, so i installed FoxIt (which read
your PDF correctly).
Acrobat is the default.

v4.05 can't cope with some features from v7.1, though, IIRC, I did
reduce the scan to v4 compatibility before posting.

...Jim Thompson

Try retrieving again...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/BallAndSlot.pdf

It definitely has been made v4 compatible now.

...Jim Thompson

Worked very nicely.
With one exception, "upgraded" programs create files that are
incompatible with older versions of the "same" program; it is rare that
a program allows one to create files fit for other versions, as well as
rare that the newer version even reads (some of the) olcer version files.
The exception is PKZIP / Winzip; so far it seems that it makes no
difference in reading or writing (between an old DOS ver 2.04g Feb 1993
and WinZip 8.1 SR-2 2001?).
Compatible across the time spectrum and use spectrum; incredible!