Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default Does this exist...

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:52:45 -0500, flipper wrote:

I am using the latest and greatest, like 9 or 10 or whatever. I do not
wait around like the Win 95 first release Luddite dopes do.

Well, goodie for money bags you. These things aren't free, you know,
and my interneten boxen gets the older versions.

I referred to the reader, which is free.

I create PDFs from within Quark or whatever else I want.

If I wanted the full Adobe, I could get it, no problem.

Our company buys so many seats of so many different softwares that we
have agreements to get home installations so our employees can
telecommute to a degree, if need be.

Office is free, though I had already bought mine.

We get antivirus packages and CAD. It all depends on the individual
needs of each worker.

On a different note, a little helpful rant for all...

Better start thinking about Windows 7 if you currently use XP at your
work, because XP will no longer get security service packs or even small
updates beyond this coming April. Security is a major factor. I can
tell you right now that there are a slew of viruses out there that are
going undetected. You guys all need to belly up to the bar or your
workplaces will end up compromised. Pay now or pay shortly thereafter.
XP will be rendered vulnerable after it is no longer getting updated.
7 is stable out of the box, and has hundreds of software engineers and
computer scientists that are American and DO get paid behind it. WE can
DEMAND that they get their customer service end **** together, but other
than that, it is a VERY stable company. How many of you are glad that
you have/had some MS stock now or at some other time in its history?

Granted, Linux is secure from conception, but mainly only because it is
not what is being used on the mainstream desktops of corporate America.
If it were, you can bet that it too would be found to have
vulnerabilities, and more would be created, as you cannot digress from
the current "standard of living" by cutting back on flash or other
currently compromised multimedia methods.

Don't fool yourselves, folks, America is the primary target. They are
after you at work, and they are after you personally right where you are
sitting now. Y'ALL need to wake the **** up.

Instead of ****ing all over Windows because Bill was so successful, you
should all be buying it, because our economy needs it, and you need to be
secure at home, and don't think for a moment that you are not. If you
are compromised, then so are ANY of your encrypted volumes, etc. that you
THINK are safe. If you are 'IN' THEY are IN. All these compromises add
up to an eroded GNP, and that goes for all countries, so WISE UP, folks!
Trust me, you anarchists are brainless twits, while you sit there with
OUR technology in front of you, which you could never maintain or evolve
without us... It would never work. Why would you want that for your
kids, and there kids, you stupid ****s?