Susan Welchel

Default The Soft Wreck is here -- HOORAH ! !

We would like to thank everyone for making this happen. Now,
woodworkers with respectable values will have an on-topic forum, and
they will not be stuck with the politics, filth, and drivel that are
associated with rec.woodworking. The NAN moderation team will create
the new group, rec.woodworking.all-ages, in about one week. All decent
woodworking folk should request the new group from the administrator
of their NSP.

Given the overwhelming success of the proposal, we have decided that
we will be submitting another proposal aimed at improving the
woodworking community in the near future. This will be a multi-group
reorganization proposal, which will include a separate marketplace
group for selling, auctioning, and announcing personal or commercial
goods and services related to woodworking. If anyone is interested in
joining the proponent team for the new proposal, please e-mail Vito
Kuhn or Susan Welchel for consideration.

Thank you for your support.

Vito Kuhn and Susan Welchel
Dave Balderstone

In article , Susan
Welchel wrote:

The NAN moderation team will create
the new group, rec.woodworking.all-ages, in about one week.

That remains to be seen.

Paul in MN

I think that all of the 'stool' threads lately finally pushed them over the
edge. ;-)

P.

"Puff Griffis" wrote in message
Wow nothing like a public gloat. Congrats on your efforts. You wanted out of
the wreck so leave already.
Puff

"Susan Welchel" wrote in message
om...
We would like to thank everyone for making this happen. Now,

'snip'

Woodchuck Bill

patrick conroy wrote in
:

Congratulations on showing your true colors. Good job on chasing off
one prospective participant! You'll be a helluva moderator.

The group wil not be moderated. Did you read the proposal?

--
Bill
Lee Michaels

"Susan Welchel" babbled

We would like to thank everyone for making this happen. Now,
woodworkers with respectable values will have an on-topic forum, and
they will not be stuck with the politics, filth, and drivel that are
associated with rec.woodworking.

If you are so offended by politics, filth and drivel, you obviously don't
watch the news, read newpapers or live in the real world.

And rec.woodworking is one of the MELLOWIST newsgroups I have seen on
usenet.

And if you think that people are here for "politics, filth and drivel", you
are mentally retarded.

I wonder how much real talent is going over to the censored site. We have
freedom of speech in this country and your new ng is apparently designed to
take that away in terms of woodworking discussions.

The NAN moderation team will create
the new group, rec.woodworking.all-ages, in about one week. All decent
woodworking folk should request the new group from the administrator
of their NSP.

Decent woodworking folks??

Does that mean I have to put on clothes to use the censored newsgroup?

I can't wear my fishnet stockings and bustier?

Dave Hinz

On 22 Oct 2004 07:51:17 -0700, Susan Welchel wrote:
We would like to thank everyone for making this happen. Now,
woodworkers with respectable values will have an on-topic forum, and

Where exactly have you people been when we were asking you to justify
what you were proposing? Interesting list of "people" voting yes
on your group, by the way. Odd how there are so many unfamiliar
and clearly bogus names.

Given the overwhelming success of the proposal, we have decided that
we will be submitting another proposal aimed at improving the
woodworking community in the near future. This will be a multi-group
reorganization proposal, which will include a separate marketplace
group for selling, auctioning, and announcing personal or commercial
goods and services related to woodworking. If anyone is interested in
joining the proponent team for the new proposal, please e-mail Vito
Kuhn or Susan Welchel for consideration.

If you don't participate in the conversation _here_, you deserve no
support.

Thank you for your support.

Show that you deserve it. Talk about it _here_.

mp

Now,
woodworkers with respectable values will have an on-topic forum, and
they will not be stuck with the politics, filth, and drivel that are
associated with rec.woodworking.

Yawn. There's other really good woodworking forums on the web, and the nice
thing about them is they don't have your uppity holier than thou attitude.

Here's hoping that once you have your forum up and running you'll stop being
a hypocrite and will no longer spam this forum with off topic posts.

Woodchuck Bill

"mp" wrote in :

Here's hoping that once you have your forum up and running you'll stop
being a hypocrite and will no longer spam this forum with off topic
posts.

I would say that an announcement to propose new woodworking groups and
reorganize the wreck is on topic here. She could have spared us the gloat,
however.

--
Bill
WoodMangler

Susan Welchel peered through the cracked lid of her coffin and said:

We would like to thank everyone for making this happen. Now,
woodworkers with respectable values will have an on-topic forum, and
they will not be stuck with the politics, filth, and drivel that are
associated with rec.woodworking.

Your hatred for this group and its participants couldn't be more clear.
Why are you still here?

The NAN moderation team will create
the new group, rec.woodworking.all-ages, in about one week. All decent
woodworking folk should request the new group from the administrator of
their NSP.

As an obviously "indecent folk", I won't be joining your little morality
parade.

Given the overwhelming success of the proposal, we have decided that we
will be submitting another proposal aimed at improving the woodworking
community in the near future.

I hope I'm not the only one around here who finds the overwhelming success
of your proposal somewhat suspect. A look at the email addresses on the
voting list makes one wonder.
I was really taken back by the part of your
proposal that allows cross posts to any newsgroup EXCEPT rec.ww.

This will be a multi-group reorganization
proposal, which will include a
separate marketplace group for selling, auctioning, and announcing
personal or commercial goods and services related to woodworking. If
anyone is interested in joining the proponent team for the new proposal,
please e-mail Vito Kuhn or Susan Welchel for consideration.

As one who believed that you were merely trying to open a new forum, one
more suited to your belief system, I opted to stay out of the fracas and
just let you do your thing.
The wording of your proposal, your arrogant post here, and your stated
plan to further divide the woodworking online community to suit your
tastes shows me that your intentions are more malicious than not.
Your interest doesn't seem to be in woodworking, but in imposing your
version of morality on others.

Thank you for your support.

You do not have it. In fact, I must now actively oppose your future
divisive plans.
You are arrogant and obnoxious, go back to church and pray for forgiveness.

Vito Kuhn and Susan Welchel

--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

mp

Here's hoping that once you have your forum up and running you'll stop
being a hypocrite and will no longer spam this forum with off topic
posts.

I would say that an announcement to propose new woodworking groups and
reorganize the wreck is on topic here. She could have spared us the gloat,
however.

I wonder if the new (and most likely boring) forum will consider proposals
to create new woodworking groups with more filth and drivel to be on-topic
posts?

igor

On 22 Oct 2004 16:11:34 GMT, Woodchuck Bill wrote:

patrick conroy wrote in
:

Congratulations on showing your true colors. Good job on chasing off
one prospective participant! You'll be a helluva moderator.

The group wil not be moderated. Did you read the proposal?

Then why did OP say this:
"The NAN moderation team will create
the new group, rec.woodworking.all-ages ..."?
igor

Mangler, I like your comments (and your nom de bois). Is it
possible/probable that (1) with the new practice of some web-based forums
"appropriating" NG content, (2) the OP's mention of starting some "for
sale" and commercial service NGs, and (3) the ability of the OPs to set up
a forum that "appropriates" the content of this new NG, that: This is all
the start of a move to their establishing a website with ads, etc -- i.e.,
a commercial venture?

All just idle BS, of course. Where's my beer? Oh, beer wench? Where the
&%$# is that unmoderated she-devil? -- Igor

[sorry for the top posting]

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:14:21 -0400, WoodMangler
wrote:

[...]

Woodchuck Bill

igor wrote in
:

The group wil not be moderated. Did you read the proposal?

Then why did OP say this:
"The NAN moderation team will create
the new group, rec.woodworking.all-ages ..."?

The NAN moderation team is Russ Allbery (big boss) and Todd McComb (first
mate). They create all new newsgroups for the Big-8 hierarchy, for both
moderated and unmoderated groups. The "soft wreck" was original proposed as
a moderated group, but Vito couldn't handle the flamage and he changed the
status to unmoderated.

--
Bill
Woodchuck Bill

igor wrote in
:

Is it
possible/probable that (1) with the new practice of some web-based
forums "appropriating" NG content, (2) the OP's mention of starting
some "for sale" and commercial service NGs, and (3) the ability of the
OPs to set up a forum that "appropriates" the content of this new NG,
that: This is all the start of a move to their establishing a website
with ads, etc -- i.e., a commercial venture?

I don't think so. They probably want to ban ads in the wreck and isolate
those posts in a marketplace group, which is pretty common in
reorganizations. If they aren't just blowing smoke, we shall soon find out.
I'm curious what other woodworking groups they plan to propose.

--
Bill

Woodchuck Bill

Dave Balderstone wrote in
tone.ca:

The NAN moderation team will create
the new group, rec.woodworking.all-ages, in about one week.

That remains to be seen.

The only person with the power to veto a result and change the outcome is
Russ Allbery. He is away on vacation for some weeks, and he expressed that
he wants nothing to do with Usenet during that time. Chances are that the
result will stand and the control message for the new group will be issued
by Todd in about four days. Timing is on Vito's side here.

--
Bill
toller

moderated and unmoderated groups. The "soft wreck" was original proposed

as
a moderated group, but Vito couldn't handle the flamage and he changed the
status to unmoderated.

Then what is the point of it?

Andy Dingley

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:29:57 GMT, "toller" wrote:

Then what is the point of it?

Ask the Strombolis
Michael Houghton

Howdy!

In article ,
Susan Welchel wrote:
[...]

Ummm...right. Where were you when serious questions were posed in
news.groups? You simply blew them off. You never did answer the really
key question: "What makes rec.woodworking.bowdlerized distinct from
rec.woodworking?" You drew no functional line, nor did you infer one
from the types of posts that appear in rec.woodworking.

You grossly overstate the "problem" in the wreck.

You give the appearance of not acting in good faith. You dismiss your
critics with an airy wave of the hands.

No. This was a travesty.

Vito Kuhn and Susan Welchel

....partners in crime...

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix
Bowie, MD, USA | Tablet and Inkle bands, and other stuff

http://www.radix.net/~herveus/wwap/
Charlie Self

Susan Welchel gloats:

We would like to thank everyone for making this happen. Now,
woodworkers with respectable values will have an on-topic forum, and
they will not be stuck with the politics, filth, and drivel that are
associated with rec.woodworking. The NAN moderation team will create
the new group, rec.woodworking.all-ages, in about one week. All decent
woodworking folk should request the new group from the administrator
of their NSP.

Don't drool on yourself, sweetie. The group is unmoderated according to its
charter, so once it's created, your 'team' is out of work. Considering the
number of nasty trolls who voted for the group, I don't envy the people who
have to set up filters.

Charlie Self
"When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not
hereditary." Thomas Paine

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

Decent woodworking folks??

Does that mean I have to put on clothes to use the censored newsgroup?

I can't wear my fishnet stockings and bustier?

It's OK here, but PLEAAASE not in ABPW.

Ba r r y

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:00:36 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:29:57 GMT, "toller" wrote:

Then what is the point of it?

Ask the Strombolis

And Charlie Delf.

Barry
Ba r r y

On 22 Oct 2004 17:41:18 GMT, Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

I don't think so. They probably want to ban ads in the wreck and isolate
those posts in a marketplace group, which is pretty common in
reorganizations

That's actually not such a bad idea. It's been done in the
rec.bicycling.* groups, and it works well.

If you're looking to buy or sell something, there's plenty of ads
there.

Barry
J T

Fri, Oct 22, 2004, 7:51am (EDT-3)
(Susan=A0Welchel) saw fit to burble:
We would like to thank everyone for making this happen.

No problem. Judging from your comments and attitude, we'll be much
happier with you away from here. Now if you'd just 'stay' away.

Now, woodworkers with respectable values will have an on-topic forum,
and they will not be stuck with the politics, filth, and drivel that are
associated with rec.woodworking.

Apparently you are saying that no one staying with rec.woodworking
has respectible values. I would like to know who appointed you
qualified to make such judgement calls. Hmmmm? Don't you mean "with
values comparable to your own"? Hmmmm? As a person with "respectable
values", I feel offended by your remark.

The NAN moderation team will create the new group,
rec.woodworking.all-ages, in about one week.

So, why are you here?

All decent woodworking folk should request the new group from the
administrator of their NSP.

Do you mean "decent woodworking folk" as in people who do decent
woodworking, or decent as morals? By your definition of decent I
presume?

Given the overwhelming success of the proposal,

Spoken like a true politician.

we have decided that we will be submitting another proposal aimed at
improving the woodworking community in the near future.

Improving "what" woodworking community? And just how exactly?
Woodworking skills? Or, "improving" the people doing the woodworking?
You aren't any sort of relaiton to Hitler, are you?

This will be a multi-group reorganization proposal, which will include a
separate marketplace group for selling, auctioning, and announcing
personal or commercial goods and services related to woodworking.

I can but hope you aren't including rec.woodworking, in your plans
for woodworking domination. But, people like you always seem to do
things like that, don't you? For our own good, right?

If anyone is interested in joining the proponent team for the new
proposal, please e-mail Vito Kuhn or Susan Welchel for consideration.

Gods above, how could you even think of such a disgusting thing?
No, no, and Hell no. But, I just noticed. Your e-mail address is on
your post, but you didn't include one for your buddy Vito. Duh! LMAO

Now go away.

JOAT
Eagles can soar ... but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Mike Patterson

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:09:40 -0000, (Michael
Houghton) wrote:

Howdy!

In article ,
Susan Welchel wrote:
[...]

Pardon me, but I think you waste your breath and stress adrenaline
here.

These yahoos will form their own little clique which will almost
certainly die a whimpering death within a few months, or else it will
thrive and become a wonderful forum full of sweetness and light under
the iron thumb of El Capitan.

Either way, I'm hanging out here, where there is a multitude of
clueful adults who know more about woodworking than I ever will, even
if they do say naughty words once in a while. :-)

Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Ron Magen

Puff,
I 'tuned in' late on this thread, so bear with me.

Maybe it's already been mentioned or questioned . . . is this the same Susan
Welchel who played a snooty, teen-aged, privet school, girl on a long ago
sitcom? After that '15 minutes of fame' never heard of her again {although
her co-stars have all been working}until a 2-minute spot on 'Good Morning
America', several weeks ago. She was expounding upon her 'technique' of
disciplining children by putting HOT SAUCE {straight Tabasco, etc}directly
on their tongues. There was no mention of her woodworking or mechanical
abilities.

The bottom line . . . if she doesn't like it 'here', and has no interest in
the purpose of the 'Group' or it's subject matter . . . WHAT is she DOING
here ??

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

[...]

patrick conroy

On 22 Oct 2004 16:11:34 GMT, Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

patrick conroy wrote in
:

The group wil not be moderated. Did you read the proposal?

Admittedly no - she irked me so with her insults that I chose to spit
venom rather than continue.

Up until that post, I think I posted my half-hearted support, or at
worst, indifference to her newsgroup.

JAMZ that's all -- Just Another Misguided Zealot

I'll retract my "cram it" and instead (a) offer her my pity and (b)
say a prayer for her that she gets the help she needs.