igor

Mangler, I like your comments (and your nom de bois). Is it
possible/probable that (1) with the new practice of some web-based forums
"appropriating" NG content, (2) the OP's mention of starting some "for
sale" and commercial service NGs, and (3) the ability of the OPs to set up
a forum that "appropriates" the content of this new NG, that: This is all
the start of a move to their establishing a website with ads, etc -- i.e.,
a commercial venture?

All just idle BS, of course. Where's my beer? Oh, beer wench? Where the
&%$# is that unmoderated she-devil? -- Igor

[sorry for the top posting]

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:14:21 -0400, WoodMangler
wrote:

Susan Welchel peered through the cracked lid of her coffin and said:

We would like to thank everyone for making this happen. Now,
woodworkers with respectable values will have an on-topic forum, and
they will not be stuck with the politics, filth, and drivel that are
associated with rec.woodworking.

Your hatred for this group and its participants couldn't be more clear.
Why are you still here?

The NAN moderation team will create
the new group, rec.woodworking.all-ages, in about one week. All decent
woodworking folk should request the new group from the administrator of
their NSP.

As an obviously "indecent folk", I won't be joining your little morality
parade.

Given the overwhelming success of the proposal, we have decided that we
will be submitting another proposal aimed at improving the woodworking
community in the near future.

I hope I'm not the only one around here who finds the overwhelming success
of your proposal somewhat suspect. A look at the email addresses on the
voting list makes one wonder.
I was really taken back by the part of your
proposal that allows cross posts to any newsgroup EXCEPT rec.ww.

This will be a multi-group reorganization
proposal, which will include a
separate marketplace group for selling, auctioning, and announcing
personal or commercial goods and services related to woodworking. If
anyone is interested in joining the proponent team for the new proposal,
please e-mail Vito Kuhn or Susan Welchel for consideration.

As one who believed that you were merely trying to open a new forum, one
more suited to your belief system, I opted to stay out of the fracas and
just let you do your thing.
The wording of your proposal, your arrogant post here, and your stated
plan to further divide the woodworking online community to suit your
tastes shows me that your intentions are more malicious than not.
Your interest doesn't seem to be in woodworking, but in imposing your
version of morality on others.

Thank you for your support.

You do not have it. In fact, I must now actively oppose your future
divisive plans.
You are arrogant and obnoxious, go back to church and pray for forgiveness.

Vito Kuhn and Susan Welchel