Posted to rec.woodworking

Default oversize mailing box blues

I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4" thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable bladders..
Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be cheaper to buy and
cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this, especially
from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4"
thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable bladders..
Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be cheaper to buy
and
cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this,
especially
from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

The solution is to buy more stuff and fill the box.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4"
thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable bladders..
Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be cheaper to buy
and
cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this,
especially
from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

Being larger may make it harder for the USPS to loose... Over the past four
years the number of items that haven't made it to me numbers well into the
hundreds. The carrier brings something every day so they can obviously find
me. The automation is sending my stuff off into the ether... never makes it
to the regional distribution center. Bring back the mules... more reliable!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2010 1:12 AM, mac davis wrote:
I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4" thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable bladders..
Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be cheaper to buy and
cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this, especially
from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

Funny ... same thing happened to me yesterday:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/box2box.jpg

The little DeWalt box (3/4x5x12) is a modern marvel of packing
efficiency, floating in a box (14x18x7) that would hold a dozen plus of
the little ones, and with more cardboard/paper than I recycle in a week.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Renamed to Tracksaw

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:15:33 -0600, Swingman wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/box2box.jpg

Noticed that it's a T-square for a tracksaw. How do you like the
tracksaw? The last woodworking show I went to, I specifically paid
attention to dealers with Festool and DeWalt tracksaws. They both
appeared to work quite well.

What I'm interested in most is the kind of cut you get when using the
tracksaw on veneered plywood. The show I went to appeared to crosscut
splinter free, but I couldn't get close enough to the demonstrations
to closely inspect or actually feel the edges for smoothness. With a
decent work table, would you say that the tracksaw could permanently
replace a decent tablesaw?

Thanks Karl.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2010 8:34 AM, Upscale wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:15:33 -0600, wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/box2box.jpg

Noticed that it's a T-square for a tracksaw. How do you like the
tracksaw? The last woodworking show I went to, I specifically paid
attention to dealers with Festool and DeWalt tracksaws. They both
appeared to work quite well.

What I'm interested in most is the kind of cut you get when using the
tracksaw on veneered plywood. The show I went to appeared to crosscut
splinter free, but I couldn't get close enough to the demonstrations
to closely inspect or actually feel the edges for smoothness. With a
decent work table, would you say that the tracksaw could permanently
replace a decent tablesaw?

Actually, I have a Festool FS75 plunge saw ... it just so happens that
the DeWalt T-square fits the Festool guide rails, and would be cheaper
than Festool, if Festool actually had one.

Festool has an adjustable, 'angle gauge' for their guide rails, but not
a dedicated 90 degree t-square, thus my ordering the DeWalt part

The Festool FS75, or 55, plywood cut?

Out of the box, rivals a brand new Forrest WWII on my Unisaw, and with
the little splinter guard installed on the top side, there is no
discernable tearout on either side IME.

Whether either will replace a table saw?

While either Festool or DeWalt will do much of what a table saw will do
for rips, less so than for crosscuts, particularly if you need "batch
cut" precision, but with Festool's parallel guide system, you can do
batch cuts ... with the proviso that by the time you buy all the ash and
trash it takes, you've probably most of the way to paying for a good,
used cabinet saw.

That said, for the average woodworker doing one off projects, out of a
small shop, and with little room for a cabinet saw, I would say 'go for
it!', as the current track saws come close enough, in both cut quality
and precision to a table saw, to certainly do most jobs without compromise.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2010 9:00 AM, Swingman wrote:

That said, for the average woodworker doing one off projects, out of a
small shop, and with little room for a cabinet saw, I would say 'go for
it!', as the current track saws come close enough, in both cut quality
and precision to a table saw, to certainly do most jobs without compromise.

I forgot to mention one important fact ... the number of top notch trim
carpenters and cabinet makers in the building industry who have replaced
their 'job site' table saws with Festool plunge saws, guide rails, and
tables and accoutrement, is increasing by leaps and bounds due to the
increased "precision and portability".

That should be good enough rationale to realistically consider one over
a table saw, if it's one or the other.

Also, you will notice that Tommy Silva and crew are hot onto Festool
plunge saws on TOH and ATOH.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:15:23 -0600, Swingman wrote:
That should be good enough rationale to realistically consider one over
a table saw, if it's one or the other.

Also, you will notice that Tommy Silva and crew are hot onto Festool
plunge saws on TOH and ATOH.

Well, certainly a tracksaw is extremely convenient for the contractor
going out to jobsites. I'd suggest that's its greatest benefit.

Guess I'd have to work with one for awhile before I might be able to
say that it mostly could replace a tablesaw. Considering that my
tablesaw experience is almost forty years worth, it would have to be
one hell of an effective tool though.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2010 9:26 AM, Upscale wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:15:23 -0600, wrote:
That should be good enough rationale to realistically consider one over
a table saw, if it's one or the other.

Also, you will notice that Tommy Silva and crew are hot onto Festool
plunge saws on TOH and ATOH.

Well, certainly a tracksaw is extremely convenient for the contractor
going out to jobsites. I'd suggest that's its greatest benefit.

Guess I'd have to work with one for awhile before I might be able to
say that it mostly could replace a tablesaw. Considering that my
tablesaw experience is almost forty years worth, it would have to be
one hell of an effective tool though.

Obviously if you have a table saw already it will never be a comfortable
total transition, but now having extensive experience with both, I can
safely say, without question, that the Festool plunge saw can "mostly"
replace a table saw.

And one thing it does more quickly, safely, efficiently and accurately
than ANY table saw made is non 90 degree/angled cuts in sheet goods and
panels ... for some reason an increasing necessity with each project I
do these past few years.

Also, it is damn nice to have options other than a table saw when
dealing with the combination of age AND 4 x 8 sheets of plywood/mdf.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote

I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4"
thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable bladders..
Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be cheaper to buy
and
cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this,
especially
from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

I get packages in all the time that are packed in much larger boxes than
required. I asked about this a couple of times and was told that in addition
to the standardized shipping boxes, they had a sweetheart shipping rate.

So they pack everything into a few standard sizes and only have about four
rates to ship everything. A quantity discout for shipping. And the
inflatble bladders limit the weight.

I should mention that I recieve all my packages at a private post
ofice/mailbox. I recycle most of my shipping materials, the foam peanuts and
inflated plastic bags, not the paper. I take it into them and they reuse
everything. It saves waste, they get some shipping materials for free.

And I am on their good guys list. So, if I get a big package or a bunch of
boxes in a short time, I am forgiven. I help them out. The help me out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

And one thing it does more quickly, safely, efficiently and accurately
than ANY table saw made is non 90 degree/angled cuts in sheet goods and
panels ... for some reason an increasing necessity with each project I do
these past few years.

Are you saying that houses aren't being built square any more? Say it ain't
so! LOL

Also, it is damn nice to have options other than a table saw when dealing
with the combination of age AND 4 x 8 sheets of plywood/mdf.

My honey says that I am not getting older. I am getting better. But if feels
older to me.

Most of my adult life, I never shied away from lifting or carrying anything
heavy. I grew up that way and always did it that way.

Not so much any more. And ANYTHING that can reduce the need to wrestle with
large, unweildy and/or heavy objects is a good thing.

Remember, old age and cunning will win over youth and enthusiasm. Although
I have always tried to work smart, a strong body allows you to get away with
things. That strength factor/edge just isn't there any more. I understand
completely.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 12, 11:16*am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Swingman" *wrote

[...]

Some of the newer solid surface products now come in 120" x 30" x
1.125". Formica InDepth being one of the more common ones. Nice in the
sense that I don't have to have the edges built up, nice to be able to
show the full thickness around a undermounted sink. But HEAVY! Close
to 300 # per sheet. I CAN get one off the truck and onto the CNC, but
even with 2 guys it is heavy stuff.
To get one out of stock and onto the benches really is a 3-man job.
Then to cut to manageable chunks, the track saw approach really shines.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/10 8:34 AM, Upscale wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:15:33 -0600, wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/box2box.jpg

Noticed that it's a T-square for a tracksaw. How do you like the
tracksaw?

All I saw was the nice amp. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2010 10:16 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Most of my adult life, I never shied away from lifting or carrying anything
heavy. I grew up that way and always did it that way.

Not so much any more. And ANYTHING that can reduce the need to wrestle with
large, unweildy and/or heavy objects is a good thing.

Remember, old age and cunning will win over youth and enthusiasm. Although
I have always tried to work smart, a strong body allows you to get away with
things. That strength factor/edge just isn't there any more. I understand
completely.

LOL, I intimately know the feeling of having an 18 year old view point
on getting something done, and a 67 year old body to get it done with!

And it kills my soul to _not_ grab one end of anything being moved
within my view, and feel a nagging sense of guilt for not pitching in,
like I am an old man or something.

I mean, who needs spinach when 375 mg of Naproxen can make you superman
for another ten hours or so ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2010 11:56 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/12/10 8:34 AM, Upscale wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:15:33 -0600, wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/box2box.jpg

Noticed that it's a T-square for a tracksaw. How do you like the
tracksaw?

All I saw was the nice amp. :-)

That's my rehearsal rig ... although lately it's slowly getting to be a
"bring what's easy to carry and let the sound guys do the rest" kind of
lifestyle.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/10 1:27 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/12/2010 11:56 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/12/10 8:34 AM, Upscale wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:15:33 -0600, wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/box2box.jpg

Noticed that it's a T-square for a tracksaw. How do you like the
tracksaw?

All I saw was the nice amp. :-)

That's my rehearsal rig ... although lately it's slowly getting to be a
"bring what's easy to carry and let the sound guys do the rest" kind of
lifestyle.

Preachin to the choir, my friend. :-)

That's why I have this... for rehearsals... although I used it on a gig
and like you said, "let the sound guys do the rest."
http://www.mikedrums.com/rehearsalkit/crapkit.html

The dolly/case has been upgraded to enclose the rear.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 12, 2:27*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 3/12/2010 11:56 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

On 3/12/10 8:34 AM, Upscale wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:15:33 -0600, wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/box2box.jpg

Noticed that it's a T-square for a tracksaw. How do you like the
tracksaw?

All I saw was the nice amp. :-)

That's my rehearsal rig ... although lately it's slowly getting to be a
"bring what's easy to carry and let the sound guys do the rest" kind of
lifestyle. *

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

That's a big tweeter.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2010 1:52 PM, Robatoy wrote:

That's a big tweeter.

Woofers' got its own garage ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Standardization young man.

Minimizing the number of boxes reduces inventory needed, increases volume
of a given size, thus reducing unit cost.

Yup. They might also have tried using padded envelopes or whatever for such
parts and had enough failures that they decided to use boxes instead.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stuart" wrote in message
In article ,
mac davis wrote:
They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable bladders..
Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be cheaper to buy
and cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

On one occassion, a while ago, at work, we watched the TNT guy kick our
packages off the back of his truck onto the ground.

We had a secure compound, remotely operated electric gates to let him him.
We watched on the security cameras as he drove round to the delivery door.
He arrived before our member of staff cound walk through the building to
the door and kicked the parcels off the truck.

You need good packing!

You should post that on YouTube and post the URL for it here...

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

I mean, who needs spinach when 375 mg of Naproxen can make you superman
for another ten hours or so ...

Does that stuff actually work for you?

I am one of those unfortunate *******s that has minimal effects from drugs.
Particularly pain meds. It helps a little. But not that much. If it works
for you, that is a good thing. I am always amazed when I find somebody who
has a simple solution to a problem. Even Aleve.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

LOL, I intimately know the feeling of having an 18 year old view point on
getting something done, and a 67 year old body to get it done with!

I remember things I used to do as a teenager. If I tried those things today,
I would die. You got a few years on me. But the aging process is alive and
well in me. And as smart as I used to be when doing physical things, I am
even smarter today.

And it kills my soul to _not_ grab one end of anything being moved within
my view, and feel a nagging sense of guilt for not pitching in, like I am
an old man or something.

Eggs zactly. I know of what you speak.

I was always the problem solver when it came to moving things or getting
things done. It just kills me to stand around and wait for a younger person
to assist. Hey, I am smarter than them. Why do I need to wait on them?

grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch

It is enough to make you a curmudgeon. Now that I think of it, how many
young curmudgeons are there out there? Damn. I had an original thought
there. Not to worry, I will forget it by tomorrow.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2010 7:12 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
"Swingman" wrote

I mean, who needs spinach when 375 mg of Naproxen can make you superman
for another ten hours or so ...

Does that stuff actually work for you?

I'm like you, most thing don't work, but Naproxen does. Too damn bad the
side effects will kill you. It figures ...

I am one of those unfortunate *******s that has minimal effects from drugs.
Particularly pain meds. It helps a little. But not that much. If it works
for you, that is a good thing. I am always amazed when I find somebody who
has a simple solution to a problem. Even Aleve.

I've got a high pain threshold, so I use it sparingly, but DAMN, it sure
is nice to be able to put a shop apron on just once in a while without
crying ...

Hey ... if we start talking about regularity, or stool consistency, get
out the bullets and shoot this way, quick!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stuart" wrote

On one occassion, a while ago, at work, we watched the TNT guy kick our
packages off the back of his truck onto the ground.

A large pharmaceutical company shipped cough syrup in 4 liter glass bottles,
much going by that big parcel carrier. Periodically they had shipments
with a lot of breakage. Losses were in the thousands of dollars each time.
After months of investigating a group of people representing the drug
company, transit company, box maker, foam pack maker piled in a car and
followed a shipment from plant to destination. Sure enough, they got to the
terminal where the boxes came down a conveyer and were sorted by a guy
wearing steel tipped work boots.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4"
thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable bladders..
Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be cheaper to buy
and
cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this,
especially
from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I order parts for my job and often get a kick out of how stuff comes packed.
I never understand when I order one part, that comes well packed in it's own
corrugated box , and it shows up packed into a larger box. For god's sake!
Just stick a label on the box and ship the damn thing!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4"
thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable bladders..
Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be cheaper to buy
and
cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this,
especially
from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Consider that shipping containers under a certain size are more easily be
misplaced or hidden behind other larger objects. I think the over sized
containers help the shipper keep track of you shipment.

Back when I was in the automotive industry GM had a part that was a rare
earth magnet that was about the size of a pencil lead about 1/4" long. It
came in a box that would have held thousands but had it been placed in an
adequately sized box you would have needed a powerful magnifying glass to
see the part # on the box.

We did a lot of shipping and found that small parts had less problems
getting to their destinations when their shipping containers were a certain
size or larger. We seemed to have less calls from customers to located a
shipment when we used more "visible" containers. Basically parts shipped in
minimal sized boxes tended to take longer to get to where they were going.
IIRC we tracked a part that went thousands of miles to get to its 120 mile
destination and took 2-3 days. Larger packages to the same destination were
routinely delivered the next day.

While most of our shipments were stock orders and were shipped on pallets or
large boxes those small packages were typically single parts that the
customer needed quickly and typically were less profitable for us because it
was a single item being shipped. When the item got routed wrong or lost, it
cost us even more time and money to track and or reship the part again.

So yes the larger container does waist more packaging material and is not
considered to some as being "green" but it is also not green to have to
reship or track a lost order or use special handling on physically smaller
items.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:15:23 -0600, Swingman wrote:
That should be good enough rationale to realistically consider one over
a table saw, if it's one or the other.

Also, you will notice that Tommy Silva and crew are hot onto Festool
plunge saws on TOH and ATOH.

Well, certainly a tracksaw is extremely convenient for the contractor
going out to jobsites. I'd suggest that's its greatest benefit.

Guess I'd have to work with one for awhile before I might be able to
say that it mostly could replace a tablesaw. Considering that my
tablesaw experience is almost forty years worth, it would have to be
one hell of an effective tool though.

When Swingman first got the Festool saw he and I tried it out. It is cool.
Mostly quiet and very little dust with the Festool vac attached. As for
it's best use I would not say that it would replace a TS, but both would be
nice. The Festool saw really comes in handy when needing to cut up large
panels. Certainly easier for one person to cut up a 3/4" sheet of plywood
accurately than using a TS for the task. The TS would do a better job ac
cutting small and short pieces.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote
So yes the larger container does waist more packaging material and is not
considered to some as being "green" but it is also not green to have to
reship or track a lost order or use special handling on physically smaller
items.

Not much waste if you recycle that box or, better is to re-use it if
possible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4"
thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable
bladders.. Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be
cheaper to buy and cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this,
especially from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

Mail goes (mainly) by weight, not size. If you mail a Helium-filled ballon,
the postal service will pay you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:04:17 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

mac davis wrote:
I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4"
thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable
bladders.. Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be
cheaper to buy and cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this,
especially from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

Mail goes (mainly) by weight, not size. If you mail a Helium-filled ballon,
the postal service will pay you.

It is the government. They should like negative numbers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Small boxes get lost in machines. The boxes used from various larger
shippers are standard sizes for the machines in the sorting center.

Odd stuff and small stuff gets hand sorted - someday.

Look at the express mail boxes - 12x12x and 11x17x and such.
Their general mass will respond to movers on the path - routing it
left or right from the main.

I send a 12x12 box that was 40#'s flat rate. It gets across the country
in 2 days and delivered in 2 or 3 days for a total of 2-3 days.

Martin

HeyBub wrote:
mac davis wrote:
I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4"
thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable
bladders.. Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be
cheaper to buy and cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this,
especially from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

Mail goes (mainly) by weight, not size. If you mail a Helium-filled ballon,
the postal service will pay you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote
So yes the larger container does waist more packaging material and is
not considered to some as being "green" but it is also not green to have
to reship or track a lost order or use special handling on physically
smaller items.

Not much waste if you recycle that box or, better is to re-use it if
possible.

Actually we NEVER purchased boxes for shipping, we reused everything
including pallets for all of our shippments. The only thing we purchased
for shipping were shipping labels and shrink wrap.

Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

"Greg O" wrote in message

"mac davis" wrote in message
[...]

When I order delicate items I expect the original box will be shipped inside
an outer box with packing in between. This will keep it safe from many
hazards such as sharp edges that cut into the outer box or corners that are
crushed.

When I am reselling the item, and it comes in a printed box with description
and pictures on the outside, I do not want shipping labels slapped on the
box and shipped as is, I want it packed inside an outer box so that the
customer doesn't see the shipping labels, scratches, cuts and crushed
corners that show up on the outer box.

boring oversize parts [email protected] Metalworking 6 May 11th 08 10:56 AM
oversize GFI 2-gang outlet - available? maurice Home Repair 12 December 15th 06 04:58 PM
E-mailing to group dave Home Repair 2 December 4th 06 02:58 PM
E-Mailing PDF files. Dani Electronics Repair 7 April 4th 06 12:09 AM
Oversize Plywood?? Moonraker Woodworking 4 December 30th 05 04:45 PM