Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Renamed to Tracksaw

On 3/12/2010 9:00 AM, Swingman wrote:

That said, for the average woodworker doing one off projects, out of a
small shop, and with little room for a cabinet saw, I would say 'go for
it!', as the current track saws come close enough, in both cut quality
and precision to a table saw, to certainly do most jobs without compromise.

I forgot to mention one important fact ... the number of top notch trim
carpenters and cabinet makers in the building industry who have replaced
their 'job site' table saws with Festool plunge saws, guide rails, and
tables and accoutrement, is increasing by leaps and bounds due to the
increased "precision and portability".

That should be good enough rationale to realistically consider one over
a table saw, if it's one or the other.

Also, you will notice that Tommy Silva and crew are hot onto Festool
plunge saws on TOH and ATOH.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08