Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Renamed to Tracksaw

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:15:23 -0600, Swingman wrote:
That should be good enough rationale to realistically consider one over
a table saw, if it's one or the other.

Also, you will notice that Tommy Silva and crew are hot onto Festool
plunge saws on TOH and ATOH.

Well, certainly a tracksaw is extremely convenient for the contractor
going out to jobsites. I'd suggest that's its greatest benefit.

Guess I'd have to work with one for awhile before I might be able to
say that it mostly could replace a tablesaw. Considering that my
tablesaw experience is almost forty years worth, it would have to be
one hell of an effective tool though.

When Swingman first got the Festool saw he and I tried it out. It is cool.
Mostly quiet and very little dust with the Festool vac attached. As for
it's best use I would not say that it would replace a TS, but both would be
nice. The Festool saw really comes in handy when needing to cut up large
panels. Certainly easier for one person to cut up a 3/4" sheet of plywood
accurately than using a TS for the task. The TS would do a better job ac
cutting small and short pieces.