Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Renamed to Tracksaw

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:15:33 -0600, Swingman wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/box2box.jpg

Noticed that it's a T-square for a tracksaw. How do you like the
tracksaw? The last woodworking show I went to, I specifically paid
attention to dealers with Festool and DeWalt tracksaws. They both
appeared to work quite well.

What I'm interested in most is the kind of cut you get when using the
tracksaw on veneered plywood. The show I went to appeared to crosscut
splinter free, but I couldn't get close enough to the demonstrations
to closely inspect or actually feel the edges for smoothness. With a
decent work table, would you say that the tracksaw could permanently
replace a decent tablesaw?

Thanks Karl.