Posted to rec.woodworking
Moonraker

Default Oversize Plywood??

Does any manufacturer make plywood sheets in 5'x8" or5'x10' in 1/2" thick?

All I have been able to find is 5'x5' baltic.

I need to have 10 or 12 pieces, 30"x 72" (nominal size) , and ripping that
from 48" sheets is pretty wasteful. Even if I paid a premium for the 60"
sheets, I think I'd be $$ ahead.

Suggestions appreciated.

BTW, Atlanta area.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Moonraker wrote:
Does any manufacturer make plywood sheets in 5'x8" or5'x10' in 1/2" thick?

At one time, 5'x10' was available.

May have to buy a full unit, 70 sheets, but should be available.

Work with an industrial plywood distributor.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob V

I can get that from a suppler here in Raleigh.
Thats what I lined my shop with.
The name escapes me right now - but shoot me an email and Ill dig it up.

Thanks,
Rob

You can reply to me at
r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m
(remove the _ to get the address)

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..
Does any manufacturer make plywood sheets in 5'x8" or5'x10' in 1/2" thick?

All I have been able to find is 5'x5' baltic.

I need to have 10 or 12 pieces, 30"x 72" (nominal size) , and ripping
that
from 48" sheets is pretty wasteful. Even if I paid a premium for the 60"
sheets, I think I'd be $$ ahead.

Suggestions appreciated.

BTW, Atlanta area.

Posted to rec.woodworking

You will probably have to buy it from a lumber company or some other
distributor, but our local Georgia Pacific has all of the odd sizes of
plywood and MDF. Even with my commercial accts, I cannot buy them
myself directly, but at least I can get that stuff when I need it.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

Moonraker wrote:
Does any manufacturer make plywood sheets in 5'x8" or5'x10' in 1/2" thick?

All I have been able to find is 5'x5' baltic.

I need to have 10 or 12 pieces, 30"x 72" (nominal size) , and ripping that
from 48" sheets is pretty wasteful. Even if I paid a premium for the 60"
sheets, I think I'd be $$ ahead.

Suggestions appreciated.

BTW, Atlanta area.

Made for the furniture industry.

5X12 5X9 and every weird size you can think of.

Find someone who supplies the lower volume furniture manufacturers.

You can find MDF, Melamine etc in those sizes as well.

try here for suppliers -- I see them in the mag. Have not looked at the
online stuff for wood suppliers as I am in Canuckistan.
http://cabinetmakeronline.com/

---
willr
http://woodwork.pmccl.com