Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O[_2_] Greg O[_2_] is offline

Default oversize mailing box blues

"mac davis" wrote in message
I ordered 2 carbide cutters for a turning tool from Crafts Supply..
Each cutter is in a plastic box about an inch square and maybe 3/4"
thick..

They came today in a 7" x 7" x 4" box, filled with inflatable bladders..
Seems like a padded envelope or MUCH smaller box would be cheaper to buy
and
cost less to mail, besides killing less trees..

I know.. picky, picky, picky... but I hate to see waste like this,
especially
from a place that ships thousands of packages a month..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I order parts for my job and often get a kick out of how stuff comes packed.
I never understand when I order one part, that comes well packed in it's own
corrugated box , and it shows up packed into a larger box. For god's sake!
Just stick a label on the box and ship the damn thing!