Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where to turn from Amazon

Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

So now where do I turn to buy tools online? I have only ever made one
other tool purchase online and it was from www.holbren.com when I
wanted to try an inexpensive raised panel set.

Any recommendations of online stores that sell tools?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

I probably shouldn't ask, but what's wrong with Bill Maher?
ToolKing is occasionally competitive, as is Coastal Tool.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yeah I noticed Maher's mug the last time I logged on. I won't quit using
them but I am very surprised that a seemingly market-savvey group like
Amazon would alienate about 1/2 of the world by using him. Actually, I buy
many items offered by Amazon cheaper from locals.

A couple of ideas:

http://www.leevalley.com/home.aspx
A lot of the folks who hang around here, including myself, use them and I
don't recall ever seeing a sour post about them. Good products, great
variety and very good service. If you haven't used them I would recommend
logging on and ordering ALL OF THEIR CATALOGUES. When they arrive those
alone will keep you busy for a couple of evenings. Even the wife enjoys
looking through the tool and garden catalogues. Lots of neat stuff.

http://www.grizzly.com/
Perhaps a little more controversy here. Some love 'em, some don't. I have
had excellent luck with their products and service. We have also been to
their Springfield showroom and it is first-class. In addition to their own
line of tools and equipment they also sell Dewalt, Porter Cable, Milwaukee
and lots of other lines. They also sell items that are difficult to find
otherwise. Here again, order a copy of their paper catalogue and reserve an
evening for browsing. But you can order anything on-line too.

There are others like Woodcraft, http://www.woodcraft.com/, but their
prices seem to be on a continual climb. They do handle some more
specialized items like specialized hand-saws, etc but you can get most of
that from Lee Valley.

RonB

"RayV" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

So now where do I turn to buy tools online? I have only ever made one
other tool purchase online and it was from www.holbren.com when I
wanted to try an inexpensive raised panel set.

Any recommendations of online stores that sell tools?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Toller wrote:
I probably shouldn't ask, but what's wrong with Bill Maher?

watch his show or the ad/commercial 'fishbowl' from Amazon. If you
think what he has to say is funny then buy from amazon so they can pay
him, I won't.

Doesn't mean the only person I find funny is Mel Gibson; I'm a regular
watcher of the Daily Show and I find Chris Rock hysterical. Maher is a
twisted, hate-filled guy and I'm not going to support his habit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote:

Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

I take it you have a problem with Maher.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RayV" was heard to say...
Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

I probably shouldn't ask, but what's wrong with Bill Maher?
ToolKing is occasionally competitive, as is Coastal Tool.

Sorry to hear you ditched Amazon. It would take an aweful lot to get
me to stop shopping Amazon. I am curious too... what's the beef about
Bill Maher?

http://www.pennstateind/com
http://www.toolking.com

Good luck!

PS...
I occasionally surf the net to see what new places are popping up and
providing good deals.I have found a few good places this this way

I recently upgraded my SD card and got a 4GB for $119 with a $30
rebate which is the shelf price for a 2GB at any local store (Best
Buy,etc.). Was my lucky day
Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote:
Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

So now where do I turn to buy tools online? I have only ever made one
other tool purchase online and it was from www.holbren.com when I
wanted to try an inexpensive raised panel set.

Any recommendations of online stores that sell tools?

sounds like a perfect example of biting ones nose to spite one's face.
Seems both childish and is a useless protest of sorts. No one will care
but you, but I guess you care more about making a statement than having
a decent source of tools. Whatever.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote:
Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

So now where do I turn to buy tools online? I have only ever made one
other tool purchase online and it was from www.holbren.com when I
wanted to try an inexpensive raised panel set.

Any recommendations of online stores that sell tools?

Did you expect that after you ran your idea up the flagpole, we'd all
salute? (and maybe boycott Amazon? Not on your life!)

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...

Toller wrote:
I probably shouldn't ask, but what's wrong with Bill Maher?

watch his show or the ad/commercial 'fishbowl' from Amazon. If you
think what he has to say is funny then buy from amazon so they can pay
him, I won't.

Doesn't mean the only person I find funny is Mel Gibson; I'm a regular
watcher of the Daily Show and I find Chris Rock hysterical. Maher is a
twisted, hate-filled guy and I'm not going to support his habit.

Wasn't he the guy who lost his show a few years back when he did something
really offensive on the air? I only saw it a few times but thought it was
clever; maybe I saw the wrong ones.
What is he doing now beside the Amazon thing?

On the other hand, the Daily Show can be pretty nasty at times; my son
watches it religiously...

I suggest you write Amazon and tell them that you intend to stop shopping
there if they continue it. Just stopping, without anyone knowing about it,
won't do much.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RayV" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

So now where do I turn to buy tools online? I have only ever made one
other tool purchase online and it was from www.holbren.com when I
wanted to try an inexpensive raised panel set.

Any recommendations of online stores that sell tools?

I usually by from Coastal Tool, but thanks for a good reason to buy from
Amazon now.

Posted to rec.woodworking

David wrote:
RayV wrote:
Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

So now where do I turn to buy tools online? I have only ever made one
other tool purchase online and it was from www.holbren.com when I
wanted to try an inexpensive raised panel set.

Any recommendations of online stores that sell tools?

sounds like a perfect example of biting ones nose to spite one's face.
Seems both childish and is a useless protest of sorts. No one will care
but you, but I guess you care more about making a statement than having
a decent source of tools. Whatever.

Dave

That was an asshole thing to say, Dave. Every dollar you spend is a
vote. Remember that. You don't like a company or their policies, you
don't patronize them. Sounds like that's what the OP is doing. Seems
reasonable to me.

I like Northern Tool myself (http://www.northerntool.com), but have
also used Coastal. Both good sources. Personally, I only buy online
anymore when I need something not stocked locally. I like to support
the local guys, cause they always take care of my business.

And for the record, I also think Maher is an asshole. He's a lot like
Carlin...pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth these days
is spew. They both used to be funny, though, now all they both seem to
want to do is **** all over America.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Toller wrote:

Wasn't he the guy who lost his show a few years back when he did

something
really offensive on the air?

Yep, he is the one.

Stated the obvious, which may have offended those in control, got
fired for it.

Understand he has a show on HBO, but I don't have cable, so can't
confirm it.

Whether you like him or not is not the point, the fact that he speaks
his mind is, IMHO.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
David wrote:
RayV wrote:
[...]

Based on your choice of words I submit that YOU are the AH rather than me.

I also spread my dollars around, including northerntool.com, but the
last transaction left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll skip the details,
as they matter only to me.

And don't put me in the same category as Maher. I can't stand him.
Next time play nice; just because you don't like my opinion, you've no
call to hurl insults. Grow up.

dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

David wrote:
wrote:
David wrote:
RayV wrote:
[...]

Let me get this straight...YOU were the one who called the OP's actions
"childish," and you're saying I'VE hurled insults? Wow...physician
heal thyself.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Toller wrote:
"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...

Toller wrote:
[...]

I wrote to Amazon CS when I closed my account and told them why I
wanted my account closed. I wouldn't have cared that much if they
hadn't thrown it right in my face on their home page.

If you think the daily show can be nasty you must have never seen
Maher's show on HBO.

Posted to rec.woodworking

David wrote:
sounds like a perfect example of biting ones nose to spite one's face.
Seems both childish and is a useless protest of sorts.

I didn't know children had jobs and money to spend.

No one will care but you...

Maybe Amazon won't care because I've spent less than $1,000 there in
two years, and maybe HD doesn't care that I've spent over $15,000 at
Lowes instead of their store this past year. But I care about where my
money goes and won't do business with a company that puts a
foul-mouthed jerk in my face when I am going there to spend my money.
If I want to get berated by people I go to newsgroups where I can get
it for free.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Maher is a twisted, hate-filled guy and I'm not going to support his habit.

So's Bill O'Reilly. At least Maher doesn't sexually harass his staff.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:37:19 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

Toller wrote:
I probably shouldn't ask, but what's wrong with Bill Maher?

Wasn't he the guy who lost his show a few years back when he did something
really offensive on the air? I only saw it a few times but thought it was
clever; maybe I saw the wrong ones.

He lost his show after 9-11 when he objected to calling the attack
"cowardly". Something along the lines of you could use a lot of words
to describe it, but cowardly isn't one of them, and it takes more
courage to put yourself on the plane that's going to blow up than to
launch cruise missiles from 1000 miles away.

He said it a little too close to the event and people overreacted.

What he's been up to since then I don't know.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking

Buck Turgidson wrote:
Maher is a twisted, hate-filled guy and I'm not going to support his habit.

So's Bill O'Reilly. At least Maher doesn't sexually harass his staff.

Not really the point at all. Matter of fact, no relevance whatsoever.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
David wrote:
wrote:
David wrote:
RayV wrote:
[...]

that's a lot more tame then calling someone an AH for voicing a opinion
over someone whining about Amazon. I've no need to heal anything except
my choice of who to respond to. Cheers.

dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote:
David wrote:
sounds like a perfect example of biting ones nose to spite one's face.
Seems both childish and is a useless protest of sorts.

I didn't know children had jobs and money to spend.

No one will care but you...

Maybe Amazon won't care because I've spent less than $1,000 there in
two years, and maybe HD doesn't care that I've spent over $15,000 at
Lowes instead of their store this past year. But I care about where my
money goes and won't do business with a company that puts a
foul-mouthed jerk in my face when I am going there to spend my money.
If I want to get berated by people I go to newsgroups where I can get
it for free.

hee hee. I'll be your Huckleberry.

dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RayV" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

So now where do I turn to buy tools online? I have only ever made one
other tool purchase online and it was from www.holbren.com when I
wanted to try an inexpensive raised panel set.

Any recommendations of online stores that sell tools?

Ray - I applaud you for your sticking to your convictions. I too do not
patronize companies that violate my personal ethics or that support people
or organizations I don't care for.

I know that it may cost me a little more money but its my choice and a
choice freely made. A choice given to me by others that sacrificed a great
deal so to provide me with this opportunity. A woodworking forum is not the
place for me to express which companies/people/organizations I won't shop
with - (other than Harbor Fright).

As for finding tools online, I frequently use Amazon to find the tool and
price, then contact the store/vendor directly for the purchase. Usually at
a better price.

The approved list is short: Lee Valley, Costal Tool, Woodworkers Supply,
Rockler and Woodcraft. There are many others but they are more specialized.

I don't like Bill Maher or George Carlin either. After all they cater to
the simplest of minds, ones easily amused.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have only seen BM a few times and thought he was funny and his
politics were similar to mine.I can understand someone not liking his
humor or politics, but I cant understand why someone would boycott
Amazon which I also personally like. Amazon promotes books and music
from people that I like and dislike who cares.If they promote our war
president who I disagree with and think he is not very Presidential who
cares. The fact that Amazon Fishbowl with Bill Maher,is by presented by
UPS and Cingular, should I boycott my Cell carrier and UPS my life
blood in business.Of course not. Amazon is a business making a buck
from this stuff in a country of free speech. I am curious to any one
that boycotts Amazon because of BM politics, do you boycott things like
clothing made with child labor, tools from countries that allow child
prostitution, oil from countries that you may disagree with, etc,etc.
Happy woodwoking.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Toller" said:

Wasn't he the guy who lost his show a few years back when he did something
really offensive on the air?

quote

ABC decided not to renew Maher's contract for Politically Incorrect in
2002 after he made a controversial on-air remark, in which he, along
with guest conservative political commentator Dinesh D'Souza, objected
to President George W. Bush and others calling the September 11
terrorists "cowardly":

"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles
away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the
building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

— Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect (2001)

/quote

(quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Maher)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Sam Sam is offline

henry wrote:
[...]

Agreed. I've seen most of Maher's HBO stuff & find I agree with or at
least find amusing about 80% of what he says. If his well founded
critiques of the present US situation is "****ting on America" as one
poster said, then **** away. Can't possibly get us in any worse straits
then the mindless following & flag waving many Americans have engaged in
over the last 6 years. I especially enjoy the "New Rules" segment on
his HBO show "Real Time". Note that the main portion of this show is a
panel discussion, which while it includes people like Cornel West &
Joseph Biden, also includes people like Republican gov James Gilmore,
and right wing pundits such as Fred Barnes & yes even Bill O' Reilly. I
really have to wonder who much of his material some of the posters on
this have actually seen.

Sam
Posted to rec.woodworking

to answer you question, I like Seven Corners (http://www.7corners.com/)
Haven't ordered much online, but they do have a heckuva catalog.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sam wrote:

Agreed. I've seen most of Maher's HBO stuff & find I agree with or at
least find amusing about 80% of what he says. If his well founded
critiques of the present US situation is "****ting on America" as one
poster said, then **** away. Can't possibly get us in any worse straits
then the mindless following & flag waving many Americans have engaged in
over the last 6 years.

Funny how you can always pick out the bed-wetters. The Howard Zinn,
"America-is-always-wrong-because-it's-run-by-white-males" types.

Delta is ready when you are...get the **** out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

David wrote:
wrote:
David wrote:
wrote:
David wrote:
RayV wrote:
[...]

This is what you got? "I've no need to heal anything except my choice
of who to respond to." Prolly should have kept that one to yourself.

I didn't hear any whining about Amazon at all in the original post.
The OP voiced a complaint and asked for alternatives. It's fashionable
these days to call any complaint a whine, but most of the time that's
just name-calling.

So now you've called the OP both childish and a whiner. I think if I
were him, I'd call you a dick.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11 Aug 2006 15:04:10 -0700, "henry" wrote:

[...]

Personally, there were times that I liked BM, others that I thought he was over
the line...

In reflection, what would you EXPECT from a show called "politically Incorrect?
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

At least Bill Maher instills some sense of logic and reason into his
arguments, unlike that anerexic crack whore lookalike Ann Coulter. Ann
Coulter has made a nice living off of overgeneraliazations,
oversimplifications, false conjectures, stereotypes, and jumping to false
conclusions, etc.. In short, she's a butthole.

Posted to rec.woodworking

""We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles
away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the
building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." "

Well he was correct...tasteless...but correct.

I remember thinking when I heard him say that commen..."Boy, are you
going pay for that one Bill."

His dismissal from ABC was a classic example of what happens when you
offend the sheeple.

Americans forget that those "terrorists" are heros to millions of
people in the world.

Just depends which side you are on.

TMT

Tom Veatch wrote:
"Toller" said:

Wasn't he the guy who lost his show a few years back when he did something
really offensive on the air?

quote

ABC decided not to renew Maher's contract for Politically Incorrect in
2002 after he made a controversial on-air remark, in which he, along
with guest conservative political commentator Dinesh D'Souza, objected
to President George W. Bush and others calling the September 11
terrorists "cowardly":

"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles
away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the
building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

- Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect (2001)

/quote

(quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Maher)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
""We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles
away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the
building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." "

Well he was correct...

Yup.

I remember thinking when I heard him say that comment..."Boy, are you
going pay for that one Bill."

His dismissal from ABC was a classic example of what happens when you
offend the sheeple.

Or the people who want to peddle to the sheeple. You know, the
multi-billion $$$$ transnationals making up the "liberal" media.

Americans forget that those "terrorists" are heros to millions of
people in the world.

Just depends which side you are on.

There you go THINKING again. Now cut that out. "One man's terrorist...
" as the saying goes...

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

"John" wrote in message
. ..
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
""We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles
away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the
building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." "

Well he was correct...

Yup.

Suicide whether you just kill yourself or many innocents is not particularly
brave or honorable.......its just easier...even better when you are a
terrorist often your family gets paid and your expecting lots of virgins for
your trouble.....one might assume these "volunteers" are a tad dumb as well
as brainwashed.

I remember thinking when I heard him say that comment..."Boy, are you
going pay for that one Bill."

His dismissal from ABC was a classic example of what happens when you
offend the sheeple.

Or the people who want to peddle to the sheeple. You know, the
multi-billion $$$$ transnationals making up the "liberal" media.

Since his one and only job here was to entertain(even if he occasionally
forgot he was a comedian) .....alienating with sheer stupidity those whom he
is attempting to entertain generally would result in a job loss.....no
surprise

Americans forget that those "terrorists" are heros to millions of
people in the world.

Just depends which side you are on.

There you go THINKING again. Now cut that out. "One man's terrorist... "
as the saying goes...
John

That is not thinking.....Ted Bundy, other serial killers or even Hitler had
fans......Support to any degree in no way implies or justifies a act heinous
or otherwise. The sad part is the utter failure of the basic ideology the
terrorists promote or believe in. Afghanistan under the Taliban was a failed
state, not able to feed its own people (the U.S. was the number one Aid
giver to that country as the Towers fell). In fact the failed leadership
both via the state and terrorists throughout the Middle-east largely
maintains power via the "common enemy"...people forget their own misery when
they have the U.S. and Israel to rail against.....Rod

Posted to rec.woodworking

John wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Americans forget that those "terrorists" are heros to millions of
people in the world.

Just depends which side you are on.

There you go THINKING again. Now cut that out. "One man's terrorist...
" as the saying goes...

And THERE it is...the self-congratulatory tone that is the mating call
of the bed-wetters.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Quite correct John.

Or the people who want to peddle to the sheeple. You know, the
multi-billion $$$$ transnationals making up the "conservative" media.
;)

Just depends what side of the fence you are on.

When the history books are written of course there will be two
sets....one for the Americans and one for the remainder of the
world...and they both will be "correct".

TMT

John wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Good comments overall

Suicide whether you just kill yourself or many innocents is not particularly
brave or honorable.......its just easier...even better when you are a
terrorist often your family gets paid and your expecting lots of virgins for
your trouble.....one might assume these "volunteers" are a tad dumb as well
as brainwashed.

Or the brave soldier who storms a fox hole for God and Country, dies
"knowing" he will go to heaven while his family gets Veteran death
benefits and is considered a martyr...uh..I mean a hero...same thing,
different culture.

That is not thinking.....Ted Bundy, other serial killers or even Hitler had
fans......

Anyone who can control people has many fans among those who "lead". If
you don't think the same techniques aren't used every day, you haven't
been paying attention.

Support to any degree in no way implies or justifies a act heinous
or otherwise.

Excellent point...just because I point out that Bill is right about the
pilots of 9/11 does not mean I agree with their use of violence...or
think that his remark was a "good" one for that moment..but he did and
does have the freedom of speech and is entitled to his opinion as much
as anyone is.

Afghanistan under the Taliban was a failed state, not able to feed its own people

Under this Administration, the United States now imports more food than
it produces.

FWIW..I agree that the OP has the right to spend his money anywhere he
likes.

TMT

Rod & Betty Jo wrote:
"John" wrote in message
. ..
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 01:05:10 -0700, John wrote:

.... snip
Americans forget that those "terrorists" are heros to millions of
people in the world.

Just depends which side you are on.

There you go THINKING again. Now cut that out. "One man's terrorist...
" as the saying goes...

Well sure, if your definition of "freedom fighter" is "one by whose
violent acts seeks to impose tyrannical theocracy in which heads, hands,
and other extremities can be lopped off for failure to obey various
religious dictates, supports the physical mutilation of females and their
subjugation as property and seeks to impose,by force, its religion upon any
and all countries of the world", then yep, they are freedom fighters just
like those men and women of the US armed forces who are attempting to
prevent various tyrannical forces from imposing those rules upon others and
who are fighting to assure that people can exercise the religion or
non-religion of their choice and are free to express their opinions no
matter how stupid or ignorant they may be.

Sheesh! I know ya'll hate Bush and all that and that he is responsible
for all the evils of the world, from the Greek, Persian, and Roman empires,
through the Inquisition, to all of the evil in the present times, but
don't ya'll exercise even a *few* brain cells to realize that a) there
really is good and evil in the world and it doesn't take a whole lot of
intelligence to realize that those flying planes filled with innocent men,
women, and children into large buildings to kill even more innocent men,
women, and children for the sake of attempting to impose your twisted
version of religion upon humanity is the very definition of *evil*, and b)
the act of attacking countries in order to stop more instances of evil
people killing civilians for the sake of their twisted version of their
religion is an act of defense and not only morally defensible but morally
right in order to preserve those freedoms you are even now exercising, and
c) those "other man's freedom fighters" would happily apply decapitation or
other modern forms of capital punishment like being crushed by a falling
wall to the offenses that most of the people who hold your views hold as
absolute rights such as "lifestyle choices", freedom *from* religion, and
criticism of the government?

Has the teaching of moral relativism gone so far that people spouting the
viewpoints are? This is not some academic exercise, this is real people
who are working to figure out how to blow up the next airplane, how to get
the next working WMD, how to do maximum damage to the west while advancing
their own progressive 7'th century agenda. This isn't some made-up story
you are watching on your wide-screen TV on your Home Theatre system, this
is real life in which skyscrapers have been brought to the ground, the seat
of the civilian leadership of the US military attacked, nightclubs and
embassies blown up, subways in Britain have been bombed, and airliners from
England to the US threatened. You may not think we are at war, but the
people perpetrating those acts of evil (that should make your morally
relativistic head explode) certainly think *they* are at war and that *you*
are one of the enemy. They really don't care if you have taken a "neutral"
or "academic" philosophical view of this conflict. It's not an academic
exercise to them, it's an exercise in figuring out how many of us they need
to kill until they get to you too. IMNSHO, this is a threat that needs to
be addressed and that should have been addressed years ago. Heck, I'd have
even supported Clinton had he shown the brazos and intestinal fortitude to
do more than lob a few cruise missiles into some empty tents.

If your idea of "thinking" is the idea that everyone's ideas and
philosophies are equally valid, then you truly have no perception of the
real world. "Open minded" does not need to mean that one is "empty-headed"
or morally vacuous.

Thank goodness for the sheepdogs who *don't* hold to the previous
poster's views. They take care of even the stupid sheep.