Posted to rec.woodworking
David David is offline

Default Where to turn from Amazon

wrote:
David wrote:
wrote:
David wrote:
RayV wrote:
Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

So now where do I turn to buy tools online? I have only ever made one
other tool purchase online and it was from
www.holbren.com when I
wanted to try an inexpensive raised panel set.

Any recommendations of online stores that sell tools?

sounds like a perfect example of biting ones nose to spite one's face.
Seems both childish and is a useless protest of sorts. No one will care
but you, but I guess you care more about making a statement than having
a decent source of tools. Whatever.

Dave
That was an asshole thing to say, Dave. Every dollar you spend is a
vote. Remember that. You don't like a company or their policies, you
don't patronize them. Sounds like that's what the OP is doing. Seems
reasonable to me.

I like Northern Tool myself (http://www.northerntool.com), but have
also used Coastal. Both good sources. Personally, I only buy online
anymore when I need something not stocked locally. I like to support
the local guys, cause they always take care of my business.

And for the record, I also think Maher is an asshole. He's a lot like
Carlin...pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth these days
is spew. They both used to be funny, though, now all they both seem to
want to do is **** all over America.

Based on your choice of words I submit that YOU are the AH rather than me.

I also spread my dollars around, including northerntool.com, but the
last transaction left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll skip the details,
as they matter only to me.

And don't put me in the same category as Maher. I can't stand him.
Next time play nice; just because you don't like my opinion, you've no
call to hurl insults. Grow up.

dave

Let me get this straight...YOU were the one who called the OP's actions
"childish," and you're saying I'VE hurled insults? Wow...physician
heal thyself.

that's a lot more tame then calling someone an AH for voicing a opinion
over someone whining about Amazon. I've no need to heal anything except
my choice of who to respond to. Cheers.

dave