TWS

Default Plug for Amazon

Just had to pass on an experience with Amazon. On Saturday I had
ordered a Bosch 1619EVS router for $309.99. I ordered it with free
shipping (supposedly takes 5-9 business days but it arrived today!)
and the $25.00 Bosch refund. The edge guide I ordered at the same time
arrived on Monday!

On setting up the router I realized my current template guides were
not going to work well in it so I went back to Amazon to get the Bosch
guides. I went to the router URL because it was handy and I was
shocked to see the price was now listed as $288.00. I called up
Amazon and they were very polite and promptly credited me with a
$22.00 refund. Net cost: $262 and 3 business day delivery.

That's pretty good service all the way around!
TWS
Usual disclaimers about not having any ties with Amazon (other than
being a happy customer).
Woodcrafter

I've had an equally good experience in the past.
I have places a dozen or so orders with amazon in the past and all arrived
ok. Maybe I was lucky?
All retailers have the occasional hicup though. It depends on how they deal
with those hicups that separates the good from the not so good.

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 60 woodworking product reviews online!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Sherwood Lathe Copy Attachment
- Ryobi Right Angle Drill
- Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer
- Ryobi 18v Cordless Jigsaw
- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction
- Milescraft SignCrafter

Ba r r y

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:30:23 GMT, TWS wrote:

Just had to pass on an experience with Amazon. On Saturday I had
ordered a Bosch 1619EVS router for $309.99. I ordered it with free
shipping (supposedly takes 5-9 business days but it arrived today!)
and the $25.00 Bosch refund. The edge guide I ordered at the same time
arrived on Monday!

This time of year the free shipping can be fast, due to holiday
volume.

Try it in February. G

Barry
igor

[...]

Hey dude! You saved me $27. I bought the 1617evspk just 30 days ago.
After I read your post, I checked and the price had dropped. Via
Amazon.com I sent a request for a refund and they replied w/in a couple of
hours that they would credit me the difference. Thanks! -- Igor
TWS

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:07:29 GMT, igor wrote:

Hey dude! You saved me $27. I bought the 1617evspk just 30 days ago.
After I read your post, I checked and the price had dropped. Via
Amazon.com I sent a request for a refund and they replied w/in a couple of
hours that they would credit me the difference. Thanks! -- Igor

Cool, glad to be a help.

TWS

TWS wrote:
Just had to pass on an experience with Amazon. On Saturday I had
ordered a Bosch 1619EVS router for $309.99. I ordered it with free
shipping (supposedly takes 5-9 business days but it arrived today!)
and the $25.00 Bosch refund. The edge guide I ordered at the same

time
arrived on Monday!

I've yet to have a bad experience with Amazon, buying everything from
books to CDs to heavy WW tools requiring freight shipping.

While I love the store, I wouldn't buy stock in it. Sometimes I think
Jeff Bezos has a screw loose, like discounting the Harry Potter books
right when they're released even though they would fly off the shelves
at regular price.

Mike Brancato

Well, unfortunately I ordered a gift with next day shipping 3 days
before Christmas. The 2nd day shipping was already guaranteed by the
24th, but I opted for next day just to be really safe. I got it 5 days
later. The upside is they are going to refund my $17 shipping.

Plug advice Corey Woodworking 9 October 31st 04 11:50 PM
Burke Millrite Spindle Bearings Access Plug Dennis van Dam Metalworking 22 August 3rd 04 06:32 AM
Help Me Pull The Plug Fdmorrison Metalworking 39 February 9th 04 11:33 PM
Plug Strips Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 13 August 30th 03 06:08 AM
Replace Dyson Plug Ade Smith UK diy 2 July 4th 03 05:23 PM