Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default Where to turn from Amazon

"RayV" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just went to amazon and was surprised by their commercial/sponsorship
of Bill Maher. I closed my account with them.

So now where do I turn to buy tools online? I have only ever made one
other tool purchase online and it was from www.holbren.com when I
wanted to try an inexpensive raised panel set.

Any recommendations of online stores that sell tools?

Ray - I applaud you for your sticking to your convictions. I too do not
patronize companies that violate my personal ethics or that support people
or organizations I don't care for.

I know that it may cost me a little more money but its my choice and a
choice freely made. A choice given to me by others that sacrificed a great
deal so to provide me with this opportunity. A woodworking forum is not the
place for me to express which companies/people/organizations I won't shop
with - (other than Harbor Fright).

As for finding tools online, I frequently use Amazon to find the tool and
price, then contact the store/vendor directly for the purchase. Usually at
a better price.

The approved list is short: Lee Valley, Costal Tool, Woodworkers Supply,
Rockler and Woodcraft. There are many others but they are more specialized.

I don't like Bill Maher or George Carlin either. After all they cater to
the simplest of minds, ones easily amused.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com