Paul Rasmussen

Default Followup On Problems with Oneway 2436

Just wanted to say that folks at Oneway were terrific in resolving problems
with the 'drive' for my lathe. Kevin talked us through to diagnostics but
we were unable resolve the problem. We removed the drive and sent it back
to Oneway, problem was identified there and it was repaired under warranty.
Was without the lathe for a few weeks which forced me to use my mini. That
was good because I needed to do some small things which I would have put off
for a while longer. As usual the support from the folks at Oneway was
super.

Bob S.

"Was without the lathe for a few weeks..."

That doesn't say much for their service dept...

Bob S.

W2ZR

That doesn't say much for their service dept...

How long should it take, Bob?

Steve S.

Paul Rasmussen

I am very pleased with the service, took about 3 weeks all together.
"W2ZR" wrote in message
That doesn't say much for their service dept...

How long should it take, Bob?

Steve S.

Bob S.

However long you're willing to wait.......and 3 weeks as he said is a bit
long to me but evidently not to him. For the kind of money a Oneway costs,
I would certainly expect better service.

So..your smart-ass response got an answer - happy?

"W2ZR" wrote in message
That doesn't say much for their service dept...

How long should it take, Bob?

Steve S.

W2ZR

So..your smart-ass response got an answer - happy?

I was asking a serious question. You're the one who seems to be a smart-ass.
And though you responded, you didn't answer the question, which is exactly what
everyone here expected.

Bob S.

I think we have a troll here.....and one that can't read either. I answered
your question.

W2ZR

I think we have a troll here.....and one that can't read either. I answered
your question.

You're the troll with the hidden email. How long should it take Oneway to fix
the guy's lathe?
W2ZR

However long you're willing to wait.

That's your answer?

A couple weeks is too long.
How long should it take.
As long as you're willing to wait.

....and I'm a troll! You're a moron Bob.

Bob S.

and you are a real asshole.

"W2ZR" wrote in message
However long you're willing to wait.

That's your answer?

A couple weeks is too long.
How long should it take.
As long as you're willing to wait.

...and I'm a troll! You're a moron Bob.

Jim M

Considering that the motor had to be shipped to Stratford Ontario from who
knows where. Average ground shipping is 5 - 6 days one way - basically a
week. So two weeks are taken right up with the shipping. If it had to go
across the border, there is another delay. Then there is time to be worked
on and boxed back up and shipped out. Three weeks is not un-realistic with
shipping to, worked on and shipped back.

Jim M

And I did find that Paul lives in Oregon, so yes it had to cross the border.
Overall in shipping there was probably 2 1/2 weeks spent.

Bob S.

Fair enough on the time then. Wonder why if its a warranty repair, why
don't they do a cross-shipment and avoid the delays to the customer?

No answer required - just voicing an opinion.

Bob S.

"Jim M" wrote in message
And I did find that Paul lives in Oregon, so yes it had to cross the

border.
Overall in shipping there was probably 2 1/2 weeks spent.

Bill

Bob,

Please read the messages in this thread over again. It appears to me
that you were the smart-ass.

Bill

"Bob S." wrote in
:

"W2ZR" wrote in message
That doesn't say much for their service dept...

How long should it take, Bob?

Steve S.

Bob S.

Bill,

W2ZR - from what I could find out before replying to his remark, had made
two posts to this ng. I figured he was a troll and used his question as
bait. I'm a bit ****ed at the trolls and the cross-posters that have taken
over rec.woodworking and I figured he was starting it here.

Think what you want...

W2ZR

I figured he was a troll and used his question as bait.....I'm a bit ****ed at
the trolls and the cross-posters that have taken over rec.woodworking

Never been to rec.woodworking and don't know what a cross poster is, though it
sounds like you post the same thing to two different groups. This is the only
group I read. I'm very new to wood turning so I read and learn since I have
little to teach. Is that the definition of a troll? I think Oneway's service
is excellent and they are an absolute dream to deal with. All I did was ask
this guy who sits back and anonymously criticizes, how much quicker he thought
the repair ought to be since he didn't think it was quick enough. He's said a
lot since then but he hasn't said any specific length of time that he would
find acceptable. But I'm a troll. Okay. I give up.

Bill

Bob,

Lets look back at the posts.

You made a comment implying poor service from a vendor you probably have
no experience at all with. Someone asks "How long should it take, Bob?"
and you get annoyed? You assume that he is a troll and a smart ass based
on a five word clearly inoffensive question?

I did a quick search of the archives, and found that W2ZR has made many
more than 2 posts and they were never offensive. I also searched the
rec.woodworking archives and there are several examples of rudely
aggressive posts by Bob S ).

Anonymity, unfortunately tempts us to forget courtesy, patience and
respect. I myself am falling into this trap by responding to your
message. I think that if we were face-to-face drinking a beer we would
certainly be able to communicate cordially and have a great time.

Bill

"Bob S." wrote in
:

Bill,

W2ZR - from what I could find out before replying to his remark, had
made two posts to this ng. I figured he was a troll and used his
question as bait. I'm a bit ****ed at the trolls and the
cross-posters that have taken over rec.woodworking and I figured he
was starting it here.

Think what you want...

W2ZR

I think that if we were face-to-face drinking a beer we would certainly be
able to communicate cordially and have a great time.

....and if you come to south Florida, where it's 85 and sunny, I'll buy! How
can you beat that?

Bob S.

And if you read the threads Bill, you would have read what caused those
of some of the slimeballs that have been posting there. What was a damn
good resource has been turned into a garbage pit - so I've been fighting
back so to speak. Some others, probably some of the posts you're referring
to, are quite happy to continue to turn the other cheek. Don't mind the
occasional troll having some fun, hell it livens it up once in awhile but as
of late it's gotten really bad. Libelous statements, posting of porn, you
name it and its ruined something that was good before.. and that bothers the
hell out of me.

Yes, I've done the filter thing and the block sender etc. That doesn't
solve the problem but turning them in and writing to the ISP's has done some
good. A small and short-lived victory but still a victory and I'll go after
them one at a time.

But to get back on topic, if you think the time of 3 weeks for a repair is a
good deal, that's fine, I don't but that shouldn't matter one way or the
other to anyone else.

Bob S.

Leo Lichtman

Bob S. wroteclip) But to get back on topic, if you think the time of 3 weeks
for a repair is a good deal, that's fine, I don't but that shouldn't matter
one way or the other to anyone else.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Can we drop this now? If your object is to eliminate trolls, please don't
do what they do.

As far as turn-around time is concerned, it has been pointed out that most
of the delay was actually due to shipping. One-way is not responsible for
that. One-way has an excellent reputation, both for product quality AND
service. A snide remark about their service department brought forth a
rather mild response, and it should have ended there.

Bob S.

Leo,

That was not a snide remark and as valid as any other comments that have
been made about Oneway. Their little case of price fixing seems to be
forgotten I guess. As I recall, that got a bit of press in this ng, so
they're not as pristine as you would like everyone to believe. They may make
a good product but don't hold them up to be angels and that everything they
do is perfect.

I've shipped a number of items between the US and Canada and saying two
weeks is acceptable, well - only if you don't mind waiting. I'd rather pay
for quicker delivery than have a piece of equipment down for that long. But
when you consider that this was a warranty item, Oneway should have sent a
new one right out.

But hey, if you're happy with that kind of service then great. I would
expect better.

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

Bob S. wroteclip) But to get back on topic, if you think the time of 3

weeks
for a repair is a good deal, that's fine, I don't but that shouldn't

matter
one way or the other to anyone else.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Can we drop this now? If your object is to eliminate trolls, please don't
do what they do.

As far as turn-around time is concerned, it has been pointed out that most
of the delay was actually due to shipping. One-way is not responsible for
that. One-way has an excellent reputation, both for product quality AND
service. A snide remark about their service department brought forth a
rather mild response, and it should have ended there.

hedgehog

I would have to agree with this statement. I've worked on computers for
quite a few years now. When I have a part to replace under warrenty, even
if it's only a $5 part, I can expect the manufacturer to have that part
shipped out via courier the next day. Unless it's back ordered the part
usually arrives within 2 days.
"Bob S." wrote in message
Leo,

I've shipped a number of items between the US and Canada and saying two
weeks is acceptable, well - only if you don't mind waiting. I'd rather

pay
for quicker delivery than have a piece of equipment down for that long.

But
when you consider that this was a warranty item, Oneway should have sent a
new one right out.

Derek Hartzell

An inverter or an 850 lb Oneway lathe weigh too much for next day or 2nd day
shipping across borders.

Bob S.

Derek,

It was only the motor that needed to be shipped.

"Derek Hartzell" wrote in message
An inverter or an 850 lb Oneway lathe weigh too much for next day or 2nd

day
shipping across borders.

Paul Rasmussen

It was the 'drive' and it was sent back for repair. Oneway met MY
expectations and more. That piece of equipment is expensive and repair was
appropriate. I am sorry I stirred up this mess. I wished only to point out
the positive aspect of my dealings with this company......as the one
affected I have no complaint.
Paul
"Bob S." wrote in message
Derek,

It was only the motor that needed to be shipped.

"Derek Hartzell" wrote in message
An inverter or an 850 lb Oneway lathe weigh too much for next day or 2nd

day
shipping across borders.

Kevin

Paul's lathe is actually out of warranty, that is why we did not cross
ship him a drive. I talked our drive manufacturer into repairing his
drive for free so he actually paid nothing except for shipping.

regards
Kevin Clay
Oneway Manufacturing

Fair enough on the time then. Wonder why if its a warranty repair, why
don't they do a cross-shipment and avoid the delays to the customer?

No answer required - just voicing an opinion.

W2ZR

Paul's lathe is actually out of warranty, that is why we did not cross ship
him a drive. I talked our drive manufacturer into repairing his drive for free
so he actually paid nothing except for shipping.

Another example of typical Oneway service where going above and beyond is
the norm!

Bob S.

Thanks for responding Kevin and clearing up that it was in-fact not a
warranty repair and that Oneway will do a cross-shipment if its a warranty
repair item. Those minor details do make a difference...

Bob S.

om...