Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default NHS app and vaccination passport.

On 06/05/2021 14:27, charles wrote:
In article , Andrew
In article , alan_m
wrote:
On 01/05/2021 10:50, Rod Speed wrote:

Thats not true of digital driver's licences and digital passports.

Pray tell us how these magic Digital facilities work in the UK? Not
how the Police or Airport immigration may use them but how a shop
keeper uses them to validate the sale of alcohol for instance and/or
how a doorman at venue or ticket seller would access a data base in
real time.

Your birth date is printed on your driver's licence.

--

Which no-one carries around with them.

Mine is in my wallet which lives in the hip pocket of my trousers.

Same here...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
polygonum_on_google wrote:
At least the NHS app now works. And having MyPhoneExplorer allowed
easy restore of the contacts list and so on.

I can see now why so many just get a new phone.

Glad I sold my S2 last year! Well, to be honest, used it to get a money
back on a new Samsung phone and flogged that at a reasonable profit.

Not being a heavy phone user, I was quite happy with the S4. Decent camera
etc and battery life.

All I wanted was to run the NHS app on it (if we do need this as a
vaccination passport), and now I've installed the later OS I can.

--
*Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06 May 2021, John Rumm wrote

wrote:
On 01/05/2021 10:50, Rod Speed wrote:

Thats not true of digital driver's licences and digital
passports.

Pray tell us how these magic Digital facilities work in the
UK? Not how the Police or Airport immigration may use them
but how a shop keeper uses them to validate the sale of
alcohol for instance and/or how a doorman at venue or ticket
seller would access a data base in real time.

Your birth date is printed on your driver's licence.

Which no-one carries around with them.

Mine is in my wallet which lives in the hip pocket of my
trousers.

Same here...

And here, but only since the plastic credit-card sized licences
replaced the first part of the licence.

In the days when both parts of the driving licence were paper
documents, I didn't carry either part with me.

--
Cheers, Harvey
CanE (30 years) and BrE (38 years),
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 01/05/2021 10:50, Rod Speed wrote:

Thats not true of digital driver's licences and digital
passports.

Pray tell us how these magic Digital facilities work in the
UK? Not how the Police or Airport immigration may use them
but how a shop keeper uses them to validate the sale of
alcohol for instance and/or how a doorman at venue or ticket
seller would access a data base in real time.

Your birth date is printed on your driver's licence.

Which no-one carries around with them.

Mine is in my wallet which lives in the hip pocket of my
trousers.

Same here...

And here, but only since the plastic credit-card sized licences
replaced the first part of the licence.

In the days when both parts of the driving licence were paper
documents, I didn't carry either part with me.

yes

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

All I wanted was to run the NHS app on it (if we do need this as a
vaccination passport), and now I've installed the later OS I can.

Wasn't there a rumour that covid passports will appear in the "NHS App"
that does your prescription tracking etc, rather than in the "NHS covid
app" which just does the exposure notification?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2021 17:24, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

All I wanted was to run the NHS app on it (if we do need this as a
vaccination passport), and now I've installed the later OS I can.

Wasn't there a rumour that covid passports will appear in the "NHS App"
that does your prescription tracking etc, rather than in the "NHS covid
app" which just does the exposure notification?

I don't know if what Grant Schapps says ranks above or below a rumour
these days but he told Sky News "we're working on an application...it
will be an NHS app that is used for people when they book appointments
with the NHS and so on"

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...
wrote:
On 01/05/2021 10:50, Rod Speed wrote:

Thats not true of digital driver's licences and digital passports.

Pray tell us how these magic Digital facilities work in the UK? Not
how the Police or Airport immigration may use them but how a shop
keeper uses them to validate the sale of alcohol for instance and/or
how a doorman at venue or ticket seller would access a data base in
real time.

Your birth date is printed on your driver's licence.

--

Which no-one carries around with them.

Mine is in my wallet which lives in the hip pocket of my trousers.

Same here...

Mine is only there when out of the house, too thick to be
comfortable all the time tho that would be less of a problem
now that I only need a couple of cards for a backup for when
I manage to leave the phone in the car when shopping.

And we are legally required to have the drivers license on
us when driving. They dont actually execute those who
dont but its a damned nuisance to have to show up to
the cop shop and prove you are licensed. Tho now the
cops can see your license on their system and compare
the photo with your face etc.

And I havent worn trousers for decades, its
always cargo pants, jeans or shorts in summer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

All I wanted was to run the NHS app on it (if we do need this as a
vaccination passport), and now I've installed the later OS I can.

Wasn't there a rumour that covid passports will appear in the "NHS App"
that does your prescription tracking etc, rather than in the "NHS covid
app" which just does the exposure notification?

.... but there isn't just one "NHS App" is there? There seem to be
several commercial enterprises who provide access to one's NHS records
and facilities.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 7 May 2021 02:51:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2021 18:28, Chris Green wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

All I wanted was to run the NHS app on it (if we do need this as a
vaccination passport), and now I've installed the later OS I can.

Wasn't there a rumour that covid passports will appear in the "NHS App"
that does your prescription tracking etc, rather than in the "NHS covid
app" which just does the exposure notification?

... but there isn't just one "NHS App" is there? There seem to be
several commercial enterprises who provide access to one's NHS records
and facilities.

While there are several commercial apps I think there is only one from
NHS digital

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...line.nhsonline

(plus no doubt an Apple version)

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

All I wanted was to run the NHS app on it (if we do need this as a
vaccination passport), and now I've installed the later OS I can.

Wasn't there a rumour that covid passports will appear in the "NHS App"
that does your prescription tracking etc, rather than in the "NHS covid
app" which just does the exposure notification?

Correct. But neither ran on the old OS5.

--
*Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2021 17:51, Rod Speed wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 06/05/2021 14:27, charles wrote:
In article , Andrew

Your birth date is printed on your driver's licence.

Which no-one carries around with them.

Mine is in my wallet which lives in the hip pocket of my trousers.

Same here...

Mine is only there when out of the house, too thick to be
comfortable all the time tho that would be less of a problem
now that I only need a couple of cards for a backup for when
I manage to leave the phone in the car when shopping.

And we are legally required to have the drivers license on
us when driving. They dont actually execute those who
dont but its a damned nuisance to have to show up to
the cop shop and prove you are licensed. Tho now the
cops can see your license on their system and compare
the photo with your face etc.

That sounds not dissimilar to our "producer" system where you nominate a
police station where you have to take your documents within 7 days.

--
Max Demian