Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where has all the Flu vaccine gone?

On 16/10/2020 11:32:45, T i m wrote:
On 15 Oct 2020 21:43:50 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

Y'see this sort of thing is why I consider the likes of T r o l l to be
weirdos.

Ah, of course the Squeaker Goblin is going to hobble up to the PC in
the asylum and put in it's backward 3dth. ... ;-(

Make a personal decision about eating meat? I can live with that,

But the victims you enslave, exploit and kill can't can they,
hypocrite.

https://ibb.co/h883FH2

Does that include your endorsement of the mutilation of your dog's
genitals for your personal pleasure?

That's without making them eat food that is unnatural for them, fill
their bladders and bowels to bursting, and endorse the mutilation of
their genitals for your pleasure.

as
long as they don't make a song and dance about it.

It's called 'speaking up for the voiceless'. Not something a left
brainer Goblin would understand or care about eh.

At least he has two sides of a brain. Judging by your arguments and
hypocrisy you seem to be missing half of yours.

But then it turns out this
lot cut their noses off to spite their face.

It does does it, you think you actually understand the fundamental
ethic and goal behind it all do you? Bwhahahahaha!

I don't see any ethical value in your endorsement of the mutilation of
your dog's genitals for your personal pleasure?

Made using hens' eggs? Oh well
forget it then.

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is
possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty
to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

Quite, I eat meat ethically to get a natural source of B12

*Seek to exclude as far as possible and practicable ...*, how is that
worse than what you and your fellow meat eaters and animal exploiters
are doing buy supporting it all?

It is practical to eat meat, no more exploitation than you seem happy to
inflict on your pets.

Gelatine from some non-vegetable source in the ice-cream?

Yup, that's why we seek out alternatives (and there are many, inc the
vegan Magnums), or go without. It's all about not putting our own
pleasure over the suffering of others.

As is your right to seek out alternatives, as long as you don't impose
your enforced way of life onto others and live both our lives in harmony
without conflict.

Ooh
no, can't have that. And so on.

Or if you look at it a different (non selfish non arrogant non denial
way), there are some things we wouldn't eat (and that may not be
alternatives for) because they support animal exploitation, suffering
and death. A price I and millions of others are more than happy to
pay.

Just like you exploit your pet animals. Nothing wrong with animals dying
for food. Though, unlike you, I campaign to their death to be humane and
as painless as possible.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Oct 2020 11:44:57 GMT, Roger Hayter wrote:

snip

I had weighed the non-vegan egg thing against the concept of the
potential of not (possibly) becoming a bigger burden on the NHS during
a pandemic (I'm sure they will develop a vegan version in the future
and of course we would go for that (even if it cost / cost more) in
the future.

*Personally*, I wouldn't bother to have it.

Viruses will only grow in (suitable) cells. So in practice they are either
human or another animal. And the ethics of some human cell lines are a bit
dubious. Though not affecting vegans per se.

*If* we respect the idea that we *don't* have the moral agency to do
anything with any animal what we choose, (especially to kill them to
eat, when there are alternatives), then if *we* suffer an illness that
doesn't affect the animals, then we shouldn't test anything on the
animals, any more than we should test stuff on anyone who doesn't
volunteer for it.

The chances are everone who agree with that if they considered
themselves the target of say aliens for the same 'experimentation' (or
exploitation / consumption etc).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 11:12:02, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 22:29:14 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Jimk
wrote:

snip

"The majority of flu vaccines are manufactured using hen's eggs.
Depending on the reasons why someone has chosen to follow a vegan
diet, the flu vaccine may or may not be considered
appropriate."

Oh dear.
How sad.
Never mind.

Ok, before you go (further) on the list with the other ignorant prick
trolls ...

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is
possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty
to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

I can assure you vaccines are voluntary. You are not forced on you. So
if you chose to
"seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of
exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other
purpose."
You could simply abstain from vaccinations. You do comer across as an
utter hypocrite.

Very little in this world is black and white (very frustrating,
confusing and frightening for you left brainer trolls I'm sure) and
veganism is no different.

The choice to have a vaccination is black or white, or more precisely to
have one, or not to have one. Why is this so difficult?

You *like* torturing, killing and exploiting animals, *just* because
how their flesh and excretions *taste*, I don't (so I don't).

You also *like* torturing, killing and exploiting animals.

You make them eat food that is unnatural for them, fill their bladders
and bowels to bursting, and endorse the mutilation of their genitals for
your pleasure.

You prolong their life through visits to the vets and when they become
too difficult to keep, you have them put down.

https://ibb.co/JFv5yTQ

https://tinyurl.com/y373oxcn
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 11:51:14, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 02:47:24 +0100, williamwright
wrote:

On 15/10/2020 21:53, T i m wrote:
So, I was still considering having my (first ever, at 63) flue jab,

Did the idea go up in smoke?

No ... just wasn't sure what the formal process was ... if there were
some lined up for us at out doctors surgery before looking to see the
best alternative.

Like, Mum had her and it was administered in the practice carpark, one
at a time in a three sided gazebo thing, that would be my ideal
solution.

My worst would be having to go *in* the surgery or our local Boots (as
it's also in a shopping centre).

I had weighed the non-vegan egg thing against the concept of the
potential of not (possibly) becoming a bigger burden on the NHS during
a pandemic (I'm sure they will develop a vegan version in the future
and of course we would go for that (even if it cost / cost more) in
the future.

You base your decision on some burden, yet want meat eaters to have a
licence. What a hypocrite!!

*Personally*, I wouldn't bother to have it.

But you did, so this is another example of why there is so much
cognitive dissonance in your life.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 13:30:27, T i m wrote:
On 16 Oct 2020 11:44:57 GMT, Roger Hayter wrote:

snip

I had weighed the non-vegan egg thing against the concept of the
potential of not (possibly) becoming a bigger burden on the NHS during
a pandemic (I'm sure they will develop a vegan version in the future
and of course we would go for that (even if it cost / cost more) in
the future.

*Personally*, I wouldn't bother to have it.

Viruses will only grow in (suitable) cells. So in practice they are either
human or another animal. And the ethics of some human cell lines are a bit
dubious. Though not affecting vegans per se.

*If* we respect the idea that we *don't* have the moral agency to do
anything with any animal what we choose,

Lets include pets here. Some often have a harder life than any farm animal.
(especially to kill them to
eat, when there are alternatives),

Quite, rather than taking your pet to be put down, there is an alternative.

then if *we* suffer an illness that
doesn't affect the animals, then we shouldn't test anything on the
animals, any more than we should test stuff on anyone who doesn't
volunteer for it.

You benefit from much of the research that was carried out on animals. I
would hope you support organisations like this one? Or are you happy for
loved ones to die from cancer?

https://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk...s-beat-cancer/

I suspect you are happy if stents and other procedures were never
tested, buit would you agree to be a guinea pig for such research?
https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we-do/ou...ls-in-research

The chances are everone who agree with that if they considered
themselves the target of say aliens for the same 'experimentation' (or
exploitation / consumption etc).

If the aliens were of a higher intelligence was above ours do you think
we would be asked? Were your dogs asked for their consent when their
genitals were mutilated for your pleasure?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:59:45 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Scott
writes
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 20:34:27 +0100, Michael Chare
wrote:

The government claims there is plenty of vaccine, but the local medical
practice has so far not agreed to vaccinate me as they usually do, and
none of the local pharmacies have any vaccine.

Here in Scotland the task has been taken away from GP surgeries and
organised by the Health Boards (to the annoyance of the GPs I
understand, who were paid for each vaccination).

According to the Herald, Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board
decided to use software for allocating appointments that was designed
for childhood vaccinations with the result that the youngest get
theirs first with the oldest, potentially most vulnerable, last:
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...nger-flu-vacci
ne-roll-out-will-see-oldest-get-jags-last/

And still they vote SNP.

Some do ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
Wifey rocked up at our local ASDA store pharmacy yesterday for a jab -
no booking, no queue, no fuss, in and out in 5 mins. £8

My local ASDA is about the same distance as my GP surgery. Where it was
free...

--
*Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:

The government claims there is plenty of vaccine, but the local medical
practice has so far not agreed to vaccinate me as they usually do, and
none of the local pharmacies have any vaccine.

I had mine last Saturday. At my GP surgery. Booked a couple of weeks
before - but I think they tend to get in a couple of nurses and do most
together. They used the waiting room partitioned into two, and no one
waiting inside. Very efficient, I thought. I waited in the car until the
appointment time.

Our Surgery has always had 'flu jab days' when you just turned up.
The latest covid-19 aware one was similar but with a stricter 'in this
way, out that way' system.

It could be mine had too - but within normal surgery hours. They use a
consulting room and a nurse.

But this way meant no need for social distancing within the surgery, or
going in and out. The front door was manned by a receptionist. Very well
ÑÑ
Ý‘ ½çQ
Ÿzúõ#ÑQ
ÑQ
Sÿÿ
ÝÑÿÿÿÿÿÿ¾õÓÓA¿ÿÿÿÿÿnû
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Only a nationalised industry could get away with this sort of ********.

I'd have thought even you knew that a doctor's surgery isn't nationalised.
Nor are (most) chemists.

Not that it would stop you making things up.

--
*I speak fluent patriarchy but it's not my mother tongue

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Wifey rocked up at our local ASDA store pharmacy yesterday for a jab -
no booking, no queue, no fuss, in and out in 5 mins. £8

But that involves the whisper private sector /w which will make a
whisper profit/w. Shich horror! Our Dave will have conniptions,
whatever they may be.

Now explain how a chemist is private sector (when the majority of its
income is from the NHS) while a GP surgery isn't. Although I expect it
will tax what passes for your brain.

But thanks for confirming you are happy to pay for a jab 'from the private
sector' you can get for free from your GP.

I'm sure your Harley Street doctor would do a flue jab on demand too.
Although likely not for £8.

--
*A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article , NY wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 21:53:28 +0100, T i m wrote:

So, the last time I tried to phone our surgery I started at 13 in the
queue and got though about an hour later ... only to be told I'd have
to phone again the next morning as all the 'call-you-back' virtual
appointments had been taken?

Why is it that doctors' receptionists think that it is acceptable to say
"phone tomorrow for an appointment" instead of saying "he can't see you
today but he can see you in two days' time"? There seems to be an
aversion to booking appointments fro any day other than the day you are
phoning. You end up phoning each day, only to be told "there are no
appointments today so you'll have to try phoning tomorrow".

I believe a central Government directive is to blame.

I phoned my surgery and was given an appointment for a flue jab there and
then. A couple of weeks later. But in plenty time for the normal start of
the flue season.

--
*If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Andy Bennet was thinking very hard :
Wifey rocked up at our local ASDA store pharmacy yesterday for a jab -
no booking, no queue, no fuss, in and out in 5 mins. £8

That is not universal, my local chemist only had the one spare (not
allocated) jab when I dropped in speculatively - they are a commercial
concern, so maybe down to supply variabilities.

Surely it's common for any pharmacy not to always have in stock every
medicine they may be asked for? Why would a flue jab be any different?
Even more so when I'd guess they have a limited life.

--
*Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Viruses will only grow in (suitable) cells. So in practice they are
either human or another animal. And the ethics of some human cell lines
are a bit dubious. Though not affecting vegans per se.

"Eating people is wrong"

--
*America is so advanced that even the chairs are electric.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
bert wrote:
I can remember when if you needed to see a doctor you just turned up at
the surgery, sat down and waited, but not for long.

Not ideal to be crammed in with others in the present circumstances?

--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
Wifey rocked up at our local ASDA store pharmacy yesterday for a jab -
no booking, no queue, no fuss, in and out in 5 mins. £8

My local ASDA is about the same distance as my GP surgery. Where it was
free...

It's only free if you are over 65 and/or have a health condition.
The over 50's won't get a free jab until November. The flu season has
started. £8 in my mind was a worthwhile investment for my wife, and it
was available.
I qualify for a free jab though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 20:34:27 +0100, Michael Chare wrote:

The government claims there is plenty of vaccine, but the local medical
practice has so far not agreed to vaccinate me as they usually do, and
none of the local pharmacies have any vaccine.

Just had mine, along with shingles.

I checked, and the surgery gets their vaccine from Roche, who have supply
problems after moving to a brand new distribution centre.
Allegedly they have plenty of stock but the software can't find it to ship
it out.
Or something.

Anyway, ongoing supply problems for the foreseeable future.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
Wifey rocked up at our local ASDA store pharmacy yesterday for a jab -
no booking, no queue, no fuss, in and out in 5 mins. £8

My local ASDA is about the same distance as my GP surgery. Where it was
free...

It's only free if you are over 65 and/or have a health condition.
The over 50's won't get a free jab until November. The flu season has
started. £8 in my mind was a worthwhile investment for my wife, and it
was available.
I qualify for a free jab though.

The logjam - if there is one - is likely caused by those not at the most
risk trying to jump the queue.

Which is of course just what Tory Timmy wants. Limited resources go first
to those who can afford to pay the most, regardless of need. Not that he'd
ever come out and say that, though.

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:48:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Only a nationalised industry could get away with this sort of ********.

I'd have thought even you knew that a doctor's surgery isn't nationalised.
Nor are (most) chemists.

Not that it would stop you making things up.

There was a time when the Squeaker Goblin was a reasonable a rational
person, now, he (or whoever has taken over his account) constantly
shows themselves to be a completer and utter dick. ;-(

He tries it on with me, inevitably faceplants, goes away to tend his
wounds but then comes back to do it all over again?

The strange thing is his use of 'them' and 'this lot' when it comes to
a group who are opposed to the cruelty, exploitation, suffering and
killing of animals (that is by the vast majority with regard to live
stock) as being bad and what they do (and should be allowed to do if
they choose), ok?.

https://ibb.co/NjV6JjZ

Now 'most' normal and sane people (and even many here g) accept it
as being what it is, may well prefer that it wasn't, certainly
couldn't do it themselves ... but it's the case where they aren't in
a position to do much about it ... like the Mrs does all the shopping
[1] and cooking, none of the rest of the family have (or want to
consider / face) the issue and so it all just carries on. ;-(

What these people don't try to do though (I suspect the silent
majority) is justify any of it, accepting that to them it's a
'necessary evil' (when in fact it's an 'unnecessary evil, for most of
us in the Western world).

Cheers, T i m

[1] I wonder if the Mrs went shopping with the kids and in the 'meat'
section of the supermarket were live sheep, goats, pigs, cows and
chickens, with little number tags on them and you could chose which
one that wanted and saw it get caught, stunned / gassed /
electrocuted, hung up by one leg, throat cut, entrails ripped out and
butchered in front of them ... how many would do so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSng...has_verified=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psdt...ature=youtu.be

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 17:10:10 +0100, nightjar
wrote:

snip

According to the Boots web site, it is only free NHS jabs that are not
currently available to under 65s. Their private service is still
available to anybody.

That is in line with the NHS policy that the over 65s and the most
vulnerable should get the vaccine first. Those in the 50-64 year old
group will be eligible for free NHS jabs once the first groups have been
vaccinated. The NHS has over 30 million doses available, which is more
than enough for everybody they have identified as needing the jab.

So the automated call the Mrs took re the flu jab and hung up on a
couple of weeks ago, thinking 'we weren't interested' was likely for
her (70) , not me (64)?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 October 2020 17:10:14 UTC+1, nightjar wrote:
According to the Boots web site, it is only free NHS jabs that are not
currently available to under 65s. Their private service is still
available to anybody.

They're not accepting any bookings for any flu jab:

"Under 65s Winter Flu Jab Service
Due to unprecedented demand for flu vaccinations this year and stock availability we have had to suspend bookings.€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹"
https://www.boots.com/winter-flu-2020

"Over 65s Winter Flu Jab Service
Due to unprecedented demand for flu vaccinations this year and stock availability we have had to suspend bookings.€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹"
https://www.boots.com/flu-2020-2

are the two options from the appointment booking page which you get from the Book Now link at
https://www.boots.com/online/pharmac...u-jab-services

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
Wifey rocked up at our local ASDA store pharmacy yesterday for a jab -
no booking, no queue, no fuss, in and out in 5 mins. £8

My local ASDA is about the same distance as my GP surgery. Where it was
free...

If you are eligible for it free you can get it in a pharmacy free my
parents do this it saves a longer trip.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 08:52, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that Dave Liquorice formulated :
You don't need to "see" a Dr to get a flu jab. Ours are done by the
parctice nurse.

I was sent an appointment by the surgery, out of the blue. Instead of
going to the surgery, I found the local chemists were doing them and
were willing to do me without an appointment, if they had the necessary
spare when I dropped in. In fact, when I dropped in, they just had the
one spare dose, which I was able to claim. Another waiting behind me
without an appointment, was disappointed.

This was the first time I have ever had the flu jab, though I have had
invites before to make an appointment each year. I had no ill effects at
all.

Since there doesn't seem to be a problem with flu down-under this
year (thanks to lockdown/social distance/handwashijg/masks), I
wonder what sort of 'guess' they will have made over which strain
of flu to vaccinate against ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Viruses will only grow in (suitable) cells. So in practice they are
either human or another animal. And the ethics of some human cell lines
are a bit dubious. Though not affecting vegans per se.

"Eating people is wrong"

Should we boycott Fiji as a holiday destination then ?.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/2020 20:34, Michael Chare wrote:

The government claims there is plenty of vaccine, but the local medical
practice has so far not agreed to vaccinate me as they usually do, and
none of the local pharmacies have any vaccine.

A better question might be 'where has all the flu gone' ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Wifey rocked up at our local ASDA store pharmacy yesterday for a jab -
no booking, no queue, no fuss, in and out in 5 mins. £8

But that involves the whisper private sector /w which will make a
whisper profit/w. Shich horror! Our Dave will have conniptions,
whatever they may be.

Now explain how a chemist is private sector (when the majority of its
income is from the NHS) while a GP surgery isn't. Although I expect it
will tax what passes for your brain.

But thanks for confirming you are happy to pay for a jab 'from the private
sector' you can get for free from your GP.

I'm sure your Harley Street doctor would do a flue jab on demand too.
Although likely not for £8.

You will get it Free at ASDA or other private pharmacies if you are
entitled to one under the NHS scheme.
Agree getting them at a High Street or Supermarket Pharmacy is often a
lot less hassle than at the GPs.
I used to always use my local independent Pharmacy for a walk in appt.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

My sister was told it was due to a supply problem due to a shortage of
eggs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robert Wrote in message:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
[...]

How do you prove your entitlement in Asda ?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Oct 2020 at 12:22:10 BST, "charles" wrote:

In article ,
RJH wrote:
On 15 Oct 2020 at 20:34:27 BST, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

The government claims there is plenty of vaccine, but the local medical
practice has so far not agreed to vaccinate me as they usually do, and
none of the local pharmacies have any vaccine.

My (Sheffield) local surgery got stock in late September, but not
offering it to anyone non-vulnerable under 65 -

2 different vaccines

Not sure what you mean - different flu vaccines for different age groups? No
mention on their website:

https://www.theholliesmc.co.uk/flu-vaccination-clinic

Mind, not bursting with detail.

--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 03:38:57 +0000, RJH wrote:

On 16 Oct 2020 at 12:22:10 BST, "charles"
wrote:

wrote:

The government claims there is plenty of vaccine, but the local
medical practice has so far not agreed to vaccinate me as they
usually do, and none of the local pharmacies have any vaccine.

My (Sheffield) local surgery got stock in late September, but not
offering it to anyone non-vulnerable under 65 -

2 different vaccines

Not sure what you mean - different flu vaccines for different age
groups? No mention on their website:

https://www.theholliesmc.co.uk/flu-vaccination-clinic

Mind, not bursting with detail.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45482197

Posted to uk.d-i-y

charles wrote:

RJH wrote:

My (Sheffield) local surgery got stock in late September, but not
offering it to anyone non-vulnerable under 65 -

2 different vaccines

https://lloydspharmacy.com/pages/flu-vaccination

"This year the NHS has recommended the use of 2 different vaccinations;
Fluad (adjuvanted trivalent influenza vaccine) for those aged 65 and
over and a Quadrivalent vaccine for those aged 18 to 65. Both will help
protect from flu, however research shows Fluad is a more appropriate
vaccine in those aged 65 and over."

Both unavailable ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robert wrote on 16/10/2020 :
You will get it Free at ASDA or other private pharmacies if you are entitled
to one under the NHS scheme.
Agree getting them at a High Street or Supermarket Pharmacy is often a lot
less hassle than at the GPs.
I used to always use my local independent Pharmacy for a walk in appt.

I'm told that if you are entitled to it free, and you get it at other
than your GP surgery, that your surgery has to pay the place where you
do have it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Jimk formulated :
How do you prove your entitlement in Asda ?

I suppose it works the same way at ASDA, as everywhere else. They seem
to have access to an online database, so just need to look your details
up. The local chemist asked my name, DOB and the name of the surgery.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I phoned my surgery and was given an appointment for a flue jab there and
then. A couple of weeks later. But in plenty time for the normal start of
the flue season.

+1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 22:15, Jimk wrote:
Robert Wrote in message:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
[...]

Exactly like with a prescription - you don't have to prove it just claim it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 20:57, Andrew wrote:

Since there doesn't seem to be a problem with flu down-under this
year (thanks to lockdown/social distance/handwashijg/masks), I
wonder what sort of 'guess' they will have made over which strain
of flu to vaccinate against ?.

Or if now they have a lack of data for next year's vaccine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 20:14, Radio Man wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
Wifey rocked up at our local ASDA store pharmacy yesterday for a jab -
no booking, no queue, no fuss, in and out in 5 mins. £8

My local ASDA is about the same distance as my GP surgery. Where it was
free...

If you are eligible for it free you can get it in a pharmacy free my
parents do this it saves a longer trip.

I had to go to the local fitbo ground something I swore I would never do
because I hate fitba......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 21:31, Radio Man wrote:
wrote:
[...]

The NHS has 30 million doses, so there is not a shortage for the people
they think need it.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2020 19:01, wrote:
On Friday, 16 October 2020 17:10:14 UTC+1, nightjar wrote:
According to the Boots web site, it is only free NHS jabs that are not
currently available to under 65s. Their private service is still
available to anybody.

They're not accepting any bookings for any flu jab:

"Under 65s Winter Flu Jab Service
Due to unprecedented demand for flu vaccinations this year and stock availability we have had to suspend bookings.€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹"
https://www.boots.com/winter-flu-2020

"Over 65s Winter Flu Jab Service
Due to unprecedented demand for flu vaccinations this year and stock availability we have had to suspend bookings.€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹"
https://www.boots.com/flu-2020-2

are the two options from the appointment booking page which you get from the Book Now link at
https://www.boots.com/online/pharmac...u-jab-services

Which sounds as though they underestimated the demand and didn't order
enough, as I said earlier.

When I had the jab at my local surgery, a few days ago, I asked about
the supply problem and they said that, after an underestimate of demand
for the first session that left them short on that day, they now had all
they needed. That with them running a walk-in clinic and no prior
knowledge of how many people might turn up, although they would know how
many three nurses could inject, working non-stop during the hours the
clinic was open.

--
Colin Bignell