Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Where has all the Flu vaccine gone?

On 16/10/2020 19:01, wrote:
On Friday, 16 October 2020 17:10:14 UTC+1, nightjar wrote:
According to the Boots web site, it is only free NHS jabs that are not
currently available to under 65s. Their private service is still
available to anybody.

They're not accepting any bookings for any flu jab:

"Under 65s Winter Flu Jab Service
Due to unprecedented demand for flu vaccinations this year and stock availability we have had to suspend bookings.€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹"
https://www.boots.com/winter-flu-2020

"Over 65s Winter Flu Jab Service
Due to unprecedented demand for flu vaccinations this year and stock availability we have had to suspend bookings.€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹€‹"
https://www.boots.com/flu-2020-2

are the two options from the appointment booking page which you get from the Book Now link at
https://www.boots.com/online/pharmac...u-jab-services

Which sounds as though they underestimated the demand and didn't order
enough, as I said earlier.

When I had the jab at my local surgery, a few days ago, I asked about
the supply problem and they said that, after an underestimate of demand
for the first session that left them short on that day, they now had all
they needed. That with them running a walk-in clinic and no prior
knowledge of how many people might turn up, although they would know how
many three nurses could inject, working non-stop during the hours the
clinic was open.

--
Colin Bignell