Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where has all the Flu vaccine gone?

On 15/10/2020 20:34, Michael Chare wrote:

The government claims there is plenty of vaccine, but the local medical
practice has so far not agreed to vaccinate me as they usually do, and
none of the local pharmacies have any vaccine.

Not that this is anything to do with d-i-y but I had my free Flu
vaccine as per appointment by GP ... 3 weeks ago.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RJH wrote:

My (Sheffield) local surgery got stock in late September, but not offering it
to anyone non-vulnerable under 65 - 'call back in November',

Got a text from the health-centre yesterday, flu jab now available to
all over 50's, I expected queue on phones, but answered immediately and
booked for 08:14 a fortnight on saturday ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Burns
writes
RJH wrote:

My (Sheffield) local surgery got stock in late September, but not offering it
to anyone non-vulnerable under 65 - 'call back in November',

Got a text from the health-centre yesterday, flu jab now available to
all over 50's, I expected queue on phones, but answered immediately and
booked for 08:14 a fortnight on saturday ...

I got a text late yesterday afternoon, saying the same. Phoned mid
morning, and after a 10 minute wait, also got booked in for a fortnight
Saturday. For some reason they wanted to know what my ethnicity is,
does that make a difference ?

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 18:11:20 +0000, Adrian wrote:

In message , Andy Burns
writes
RJH wrote:

My (Sheffield) local surgery got stock in late September, but not offering it
to anyone non-vulnerable under 65 - 'call back in November',

Got a text from the health-centre yesterday, flu jab now available to
all over 50's, I expected queue on phones, but answered immediately and
booked for 08:14 a fortnight on saturday ...

I got a text late yesterday afternoon, saying the same. Phoned mid
morning, and after a 10 minute wait, also got booked in for a fortnight
Saturday. For some reason they wanted to know what my ethnicity is,
does that make a difference ?

I believe there is concern about the apparent lower uptake of the
vaccine by some ethnicities/cultures. Maybe a data gathering exercise
to gain a more accurate picture?