Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Where has all the Flu vaccine gone?

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 20:54:58 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Michael Chare wrote:

The government claims there is plenty of vaccine, but the local medical
practice has so far not agreed to vaccinate me as they usually do, and
none of the local pharmacies have any vaccine.

It all happened much as usual around here (South Suffolk).

So, I was still considering having my (first ever, at 63) flue jab,
based on the general advice here but that feeling didn't seem to
filter though to the Mrs, who took a phone call on the land line and
hung up before I could find out who ./ what it was ...

'Oh, it something to do with the flu jab but you didn't want one did
you ...'

So, the last time I tried to phone our surgery I started at 13 in the
queue and got though about an hour later ... only to be told I'd have
to phone again the next morning as all the 'call-you-back' virtual
appointments had been taken?

'Erm, can't we just go on a list and the doctor phone us back when he
get's round to us ... '? Apparently not ... and we've not bothered
since. ;-(

So, is the flu jab still relevant ... are they still doing it ...
assuming it hasn't all run out etc?

Cheers, T i m