Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 24 May 2020 13:40:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Step away from the garden centre

snip -----

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq" wrote in message

On Sat, 23 May 2020 19:23:18 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

We rarely eat out, and certainly not these days My own cooking
ain't
bad yannow! Most people seem to like it))

errr they immersed a pizza in a chip fryer????

Blimey((((

Sure did!

After that even Stonehavens deep fried Mars Bars lost their shock and
Awe effect.

The potteries never did have much of a reputation for any food once
you got past oatcakes.

They had a Wrights pie shop on the canal, and it was said that no dead
dogs or cats ever floated past the factory :-)

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Still on sale today, I did my apprentiship with those as the staple.
Great if you could get the antacids :-(

Oh dear( I haven't ever tried one. Lucky me, eh?

http://www.wrightsfoodgroup.com/

It does not quite do justice to the sensations experienced half an
hour after a meat & potato :-)

What? the need for antacids?

AB

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

On Saturday, 23 May 2020 19:23:16 UTC+1, Ophelia wrote:
errr they immersed a pizza in a chip fryer????
Blimey((((

There are two sorts of deep fried pizza - one with batter (pizza crunch) and
one without. The crunch option is 20-30p extra.

My local chippy offers mince pie, steak pie, jumbo sausage, smoked sausage,
smoked sausage in batter, spicy haggis, sweet chilli haggis, hamburger,
spring rolls, haggis pakora, and chicken wings; I assume all of those go in
the fryer.

Owain

====

Do you like them??

I have always made our own pizzas. I learned when I was living in Malta,
so Italian (as it was then) style with a thick base.

D. prefers the thick base.

I never use the chippies any more. Not that we have one anywhere near
us. When we go down to Yorkshire we often do, but we can't get down anymore
for the time being.

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

On Saturday, 23 May 2020 23:08:00 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
There are two sorts of deep fried pizza - one
with batter (pizza crunch) and one without.
The crunch option is 20-30p extra.

Fark no wonder the romans just built a wall to keep you barbarians out.

Actually most chippies in Scotland are Italian.

Owain

===

Yes)

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq" wrote in message

On Sat, 23 May 2020 16:33:20 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, 23 May 2020 23:08:00 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
There are two sorts of deep fried pizza - one
with batter (pizza crunch) and one without.
The crunch option is 20-30p extra.

Fark no wonder the romans just built a wall to keep you barbarians out.

Actually most chippies in Scotland are Italian.

Owain

I tried all sorts when I was up there.
Chinese, Indian, English.

Very few were acceptable.

I think the problem is twofold, any meal served in Scotland has to
have 33% more calories than that across the border England.

The other problem is that the grease the extra calories are comprised
of is probably bought with less thought and consideration than
something stuck on a garden gate hinge.

Not that England is much better. If you pay a fortune fine, but you
took pot luck otherwise.

In the end I stopped dining in restaurants altogether, even though it
cost me nothing.

Easier to drop into Asda or Morrisons for chicken portions or smoked
mackerel. It was so cheap I couldn't be bothered with an expese claim,
there was very little waiting between "courses" and no annoying
pillock would interrupt me half way through to ask some inane question
about meal enjoyment.

AB

====

D. likes Chinese type foods but I always make them myself. I have been
well helped by a Hawaiian in a Food group))

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 24 May 2020 10:28:42 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
I think the problem is twofold, any meal served in Scotland has to
have 33% more calories than that across the border England.

(a) it is colder up here
(b) people do appreciate value-for-money

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 24 May 2020 10:45:21 UTC+1, Ophelia wrote:
There are two sorts of deep fried pizza - one with batter (pizza crunch) and
one without. The crunch option is 20-30p extra.

Do you like them??
I have always made our own pizzas. I learned when I was living in Malta,
so Italian (as it was then) style with a thick base.

Never had a d/f pizza.

They used to make quite good proper pizze as well, being Italian, but I don't think they do at the moment - maybe it means too long a wait in the shop for social distancing to work.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:41:33 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

snip -----

.. .

wrote:

We rarely eat out, and certainly not these days My own cooking
ain't
bad yannow! Most people seem to like it))

errr they immersed a pizza in a chip fryer????

Blimey((((

Sure did!

After that even Stonehavens deep fried Mars Bars lost their shock and
Awe effect.

The potteries never did have much of a reputation for any food once
you got past oatcakes.

They had a Wrights pie shop on the canal, and it was said that no dead
dogs or cats ever floated past the factory :-)

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Still on sale today, I did my apprentiship with those as the staple.
Great if you could get the antacids :-(

Oh dear( I haven't ever tried one. Lucky me, eh?

I have little doubt that they do mail order. There is a great
celebration when one is sold :-)

http://www.wrightsfoodgroup.com/

It does not quite do justice to the sensations experienced half an
hour after a meat & potato :-)

What? the need for antacids?

If you took the antacids within the half hour, you would probably be
o/k.

'Trouble is, you don't go into pie eating with the negatives in mind.

They do taste nice :-)

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:45:17 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

I had a pizza in Italy, thin base, out of this world as regards
flavour.

Likewise, coffee from a machine in the factory where I was working,
heaven. Totally unexpected!

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

lol I guess they do need to have some saving grace))

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

On Sunday, 24 May 2020 10:45:21 UTC+1, Ophelia wrote:
There are two sorts of deep fried pizza - one with batter (pizza crunch)
and
one without. The crunch option is 20-30p extra.

Do you like them??
I have always made our own pizzas. I learned when I was living in Malta,
so Italian (as it was then) style with a thick base.

Never had a d/f pizza.

They used to make quite good proper pizze as well, being Italian, but I
don't think they do at the moment - maybe it means too long a wait in the
shop for social distancing to work.

Owain

===

Aye, I suppose it would be

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

I learned my Italian stuff many years ago)) Thin based now? Yes,
that seems to be the 'thing' now!

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip -----

. ..

wrote:

[...]

'Very popular in Stoke.

People do chain their pets up though :-)

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 24 May 2020 14:05:13 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
My first Scotch pie was bought in a pub somewhere near Gretna, The
publican apologised as it wasn't hot.

The closest thing I recollect to the dining experience was the time I
Waxoyled my Morris Ital!

It coated the roof of my mouth with a thick layer of congealed fat. I
swear I was nearly all the way to Cairnryan before It liquified.

If you think a proper Scotch pie is greasy, try an Aldi Scotch pie. They are NOT nice. Greasy and bland.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq