Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Step away from the garden centre

Police called to deal with angry OAPs after Ayrshire garden centre is ordered to close

Officers attended Sunnyside Nursery shortly before 3pm yesterday after worried trading standards officials raised the alarm. They were there to serve a prohibition order, banning retail operation in line with lockdown rules. But it is understood they felt threatened by the reaction of a handful of elderly customers and called for police back-up.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshi...-oaps-22028972

Don't get between granny and her african violets.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

Police called to deal with angry OAPs after Ayrshire garden centre is
ordered to close

Officers attended Sunnyside Nursery shortly before 3pm yesterday after
worried trading standards officials raised the alarm. They were there to
serve a prohibition order, banning retail operation in line with lockdown
rules. But it is understood they felt threatened by the reaction of a
handful of elderly customers and called for police back-up.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshi...-oaps-22028972

Don't get between granny and her african violets.

Owain

====

I thought they were all closed. I am desperate to find one open - the
one on the A96 to Elgin. I keep hoping.

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ophelia wrote:

Owain wrote :

Police called to deal with angry OAPs after Ayrshire garden centre is
ordered to close

Â*Â*Â* I thought they were all closed.Â* I am desperate to find one open -
the one on the A96 to Elgin.Â* I keep hoping.

Don't think Sturgeon wants scottish ones open yet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/15/2020 10:40 AM, Ophelia wrote:

Â*Â*Â* I thought they were all closed.Â* I am desperate to find one open -
the one on the A96 to Elgin.Â* I keep hoping.

I've managed to get a few things online. Depends on what you need, of
course.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 5/15/2020 10:40 AM, Ophelia wrote:

I thought they were all closed. I am desperate to find one open -
the one on the A96 to Elgin. I keep hoping.

I've managed to get a few things online. Depends on what you need, of
course.

===

Aye but I haven't found much yet

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/15/2020 5:19 PM, Ophelia wrote:

"S Viemeister"Â* wrote in message ...
On 5/15/2020 10:40 AM, Ophelia wrote:

Â*Â*Â*Â* I thought they were all closed.Â* I am desperate to find one open
- the one on the A96 to Elgin.Â* I keep hoping.

I've managed to get a few things online. Depends on what you need, of
course.

===

Â* Aye but I haven't found much yet

Fortunately, I had seeds left from last year, and my purple Sugar Snap
peas are sprouting nicely.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 May 2020 10:40:21 UTC+1, Ophelia wrote:
I thought they were all closed. I am desperate to find one open - the
one on the A96 to Elgin. I keep hoping.

Home Bargains have compost and fertilisery things.

Aldi had sold out of bedding plants earlier today.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

On Friday, 15 May 2020 10:40:21 UTC+1, Ophelia wrote:
I thought they were all closed. I am desperate to find one open - the
one on the A96 to Elgin. I keep hoping.

Home Bargains have compost and fertilisery things.

Aldi had sold out of bedding plants earlier today.

Owain

===

Thanks, yes. I managed to get compost and the fertisilery stuff

I am after some plants. I haven't been able to find any garden centres
open here yet

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

Police called to deal with angry OAPs after Ayrshire garden centre is
ordered to close

Officers attended Sunnyside Nursery shortly before 3pm yesterday after
worried trading standards officials raised the alarm. They were there to
serve a prohibition order, banning retail operation in line with lockdown
rules. But it is understood they felt threatened by the reaction of a
handful of elderly customers and called for police back-up.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshi...-oaps-22028972

Don't get between granny and her african violets.

Owain

====

I thought they were all closed. I am desperate to find one open - the
one on the A96 to Elgin. I keep hoping.

Many Welsh garden centres are now open (typically since 1st May).

But not acceptable to visit them if the distance isn't sensible. (However that is defined.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message ...

On 15 May 2020 at 10:40:22 BST, "Ophelia" wrote:

I thought they were all closed. I am desperate to find one open - the
one on the A96 to Elgin. I keep hoping.

You after some marble?

Tim

===

LOL no)

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 May 2020 17:22:39 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message ...

On 15 May 2020 at 09:50:50 BST,
wrote:

Police called to deal with angry OAPs after Ayrshire garden centre is
ordered
to close

Officers attended Sunnyside Nursery shortly before 3pm yesterday after
worried trading standards officials raised the alarm. They were there to
serve a prohibition order, banning retail operation in line with lockdown
rules. But it is understood they felt threatened by the reaction of a
handful
of elderly customers and called for police back-up.

Garden centres should not have been closed in the first place. We went to
our
local one this morning (it re-opened on Wednesday), far fewer people than
any
supermarket might have.

Tim

===

I agree! I never understood why fishing was stopped either!

One did a lot of fishing here. It is an isolated place with few
visitors, but stick a hook in the water and every benighted idiot in
the country will break your meditation with queries about catches and
fish types.

I suspect it is not allowed, although the sea is within 2km of home
and it is "excercise".

Didn't try it, and I expect taking a couple of carrier bags of seaweed
back to the gardenon each trip might not be totally kosher either, but
needs must and compost is not available.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
===

Yes, crazy. Some things seem to have been not very well thought through.
Unless they were just wanting to show their power

Seems to be a lot of that around

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 May 2020 08:18:57 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
===

Yes, crazy. Some things seem to have been not very well thought through.
Unless they were just wanting to show their power

Seems to be a lot of that around

Yes, but in all honesty some people in government are probably up to
their eyeballs. Boris and Hancok being notable exceptions.

There must be a million and one situations that seem none sensicle
these days. I could mention my inability to get an MOT waiver even
though my test was cancelled and other "British" citizens qualified
for a waiver!

But in the great scheme of things it's insignificant. The horrors
those poor people must be going through gasping for every breath
before they expire, and the unknown effects coming to light in the new
generation puts things into perspective.

At least I hope to be around to gripe about the inconvenience for
years to come, some will never have the opportunity.

I saw the protests on the news this morning. It really is
dissapointing and so selfish. At least the crackpots are not armed
like their fellow loonies in the US.

AB

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
===

Yes, crazy. Some things seem to have been not very well thought
through.
Unless they were just wanting to show their power

Seems to be a lot of that around

Yes, but in all honesty some people in government are probably up to
their eyeballs. Boris and Hancok being notable exceptions.

Exceptions??? Why do you say that? They may not be performing
perfectly but all this is an unknown situation.

I am very glad I am not the one to have to sort it out!

There must be a million and one situations that seem none sensicle
these days. I could mention my inability to get an MOT waiver even
though my test was cancelled and other "British" citizens qualified
for a waiver!

Why could you not?

But in the great scheme of things it's insignificant. The horrors
those poor people must be going through gasping for every breath
before they expire, and the unknown effects coming to light in the new
generation puts things into perspective.

Yes

At least I hope to be around to gripe about the inconvenience for
years to come, some will never have the opportunity.

Hopefully. I just thank my lucky stars that I keep waking up well!!

I saw the protests on the news this morning. It really is
dissapointing and so selfish. At least the crackpots are not armed
like their fellow loonies in the US.

AB

I agree, it is frightening what damage they could do We are fairly
isolated in N. E. Scotland so I guess we are lucky, but we still have to use
some shops etc.

What do they think they could accomplish???

https://www.avg.com