Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default Step away from the garden centre

On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:59:18 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, 24 May 2020 10:28:42 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
I think the problem is twofold, any meal served in Scotland has to
have 33% more calories than that across the border England.

(a) it is colder up here
(b) people do appreciate value-for-money

Owain

My first Scotch pie was bought in a pub somewhere near Gretna, The
publican apologised as it wasn't hot.

The closest thing I recollect to the dining experience was the time I
Waxoyled my Morris Ital!

It coated the roof of my mouth with a thick layer of congealed fat. I
swear I was nearly all the way to Cairnryan before It liquified.

As far as value goes, I can believe it. I lost my enthusiasm for
eating for some hours after :-(

AB

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq