Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default P**s up and brewery.

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

Nope, Britain will do fine with a hard BRexit
and even better with a BRexit that include
free trade with the EU, tho that last is unlikely.

Including the countries of the EU

Due to the money Britain will no longer send them, sure.

Bet nothing much changes trade wise tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/09/17 10:11, tim... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09Â* 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair.Â* Why should I care?Â* The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

no, .
Including the countries of the EU

no. The only people who will suffer are the members of the ruling EU
elite and their cronies..

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:37:41 +1000, "Simon Jones"
wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 10:37 27 Sep 2017, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 27/09/17 09:02, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman
(News)" writes
In article , Â
Mark wrote:
Huh! If we remained a part of the EU we would have some
say on
how it
is run; outside the EU we have no say at all.

outside we no longer need to change it

That's a very naive attitude.

Just the usual drawbridge one.

Odd, really, for a country like ours which is self sufficient
in virtually nothing, other than water. It has to trade to
survive.

And sugar according to the BBC this morning:-)

Obviously if everyone were like plow****, it would be never be
self sufficient in anything except whining, and there's not much
market for that.

No modern nation is 'self sufficient'. No nation ever was.
Romans occupied Britain for tin gold and copper.

China imports vast quantities of coal and iron ore. China
exports rare earth metals to the world.

Remoaners are like little children who are taken to Town for the
first time and say 'but surely Daddy can't spend his whole life
here when he isn't at home, just working?'

The unbelievable stupidity of remoaners is to equate 'No trade
deal' with 'no trade'

If we end up charging quid pro quo import tariffs for Spanish
courgettes, someone will build a desalination plant and grow
them in Morocco. Or Nigeria. Or somewhere else outside the EU.
We could build heated greenhouses running on left wing bull****
and grow them here. There's plenty of it.

Its all a matter of price.

It's true that the market will determine the price. If
we wish to pay the price then we will get the goods.

However the price of goods from non-EU countries may
end up being higher than at present. Perhaps much higher.

Even sillier than you usually manage given that the CAP is
deliberately designed to prop up very small scale inefficient
european agriculture, particularly in France etc and the non
EU countries exporting to Britain have highly efficient modern
agriculture instead. There's a reason NZ lamb and dairy is
MUCH cheaper than what is produced in France.

Have you tasted NZ lamb? It's vastly inferior to European lamb.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/09/17 21:12, pamela wrote:
The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

That is really funny in the unconscious bigotry.

It's a bit like saying that women are responsible for being raped. They
should stop struggling as according to the Islamic chappies 'they enjoy
it in the usual way once the willie goes in'.

--
€œA leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
€œWe did this ourselves.€

ۥ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/09/17 13:33, Mark wrote:
Have you tasted NZ lamb?

Hogget mainly

It's vastly inferior to European lamb.

That is a matter of taste and what age teh lambs or hoggets are killed
at and what they feed them onm

European lamb is inferior to English and Welsh lamb.

Thats why the French import so much of it.

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , charles
writes
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , pamela
wrote:

On 08:52 27 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , tim...
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,

AFAIA every single Brexiter wants an EU Trade agreement.
It's the means by which it is achieved that differs

No Brexiteer wants a trade agreement with the EU. We already
had one. They want to have a deal on their terms only.

nonsense, that's just negotiation bluster

Which is not an agreement.

which the EU seems to excel in doing when they negotiate

AISB, wake me up when the EU has learnt what he word
"negotiation" means. And when they start practising what the
word means.

This makes me laugh. The UK decision to leave forced the EU into
negotiations. Now the EU is acting in a way which maximises the
outcome for them. What else did we expect?

No, they're acting in a way that will minimise their outcome. Because
if they carry on with their non-negotiations, we will just walk away.

"Negotiation" means that you don't end up with everything you want. The
EU just walks into the room, plonks down their demands, and expects us
to knuckle forehead, open our wallet and say "Help yourself".

and you know that? were you there?

Don't need to be. They announced it publicly.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
On 13:55 28 Sep 2017, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 27/09/17 21:12, pamela wrote:

The Brexiteers made this mess so they can clear it up.

That is really funny in the unconscious bigotry.

It's a bit like saying that women are responsible for being
raped. They should stop struggling as according to the Islamic
chappies 'they enjoy it in the usual way once the willie goes
in'.

It's more like UK men outvoting women and now saying that all
women must go along with their wishes.

Sounds good to me!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , pamela
writes
On 15:13 27 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Why do we think we have a right to intervene in what the Eu choose
to do to itself. Let it be.

"Negotiation" means that you don't end up with everything you
want. The EU just walks into the room, plonks down their
demands, and expects us to knuckle forehead, open our wallet and
say "Help yourself".

Actually I think negotiation does mean aiming to get everything
you want.... and more if possible.

True, and assessing what you are prepared to give away to get what you
really want. Knowing the same about the other side.
We need to put aside out
British notions of fairness.

Very true especially of TM
The Queensbury rules don't apply
here.

Indeed not.
There is no intention on their part to sit around supping warm
beer or cups of tea until merriment breaks out on all sides and
hands get shaken and all go home happily ever after..... even if
we entertain thoughts of such bucolic nonsense.

Too much pride at stake for their "tough" negotiator
The EU may be adopting unusual strategems including brinkmanship
but all is fair in love and war.

Nothing unusual or unpredictable about what they have done so far that's
why more and more are coming round to the idea that we are simply
wasting time playing their game.
I do hope polite little Britain
is truly ready for trade negotiations where the going can get very
rough.

Tough but fun.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:
[...]

Yep.

It's vastly inferior to European lamb.

Bull****. In spades with dairy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , pamela
writes
On 17:38 27 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

If the EU wants to **** itself up, fine with me.

"Negotiation" means that you don't end up with everything you
want. The EU just walks into the room, plonks down their
demands, and expects us to knuckle forehead, open our wallet
and say "Help yourself".

Actually I think negotiation does mean aiming to get everything
you want.... and more if possible. We need to put aside out
British notions of fairness. The Queensbury rules don't apply
here.

What has any of that to do with anything. The point of
negotiations is to achieve an outcome. You do that by deciding
what your red lines are and what matters you can give a little
on. If you think there's room for manoeuvre, but you are not
authorised to go past some line, you refer back home and see
whether you might be authorised to give a little here if they
give a little there. Then perhaps both sides agree on that and
things move on.

The trouble is that the EU has no one to refer back to. Well, it
has I suppose, but not in any practical sense as for any give on
their part they'd have to refer back to whichever set of bodies
decided what their opening gambit was going to be. Barnier has
been accorded no latitude, so it's not surprising that he is
unable to negotiate. All he's allowed to do is dictate.

The fact is the EU does not much care about getting to an
agreement.

The Commission certainly doesn't. The member states may start getting a
little nervous as time drags on.
We are fooling ourselves, and we weem to be doing just
that, if we think they should be highly motivated to get a good
result quickly. If they drag it out and we struggle then they
will be achiving one of their objectives, namely to show other
countries how foolish it is to leave the EU.

There is no intention on their part to sit around supping warm
beer or cups of tea until merriment breaks out on all sides and
hands get shaken and all go home happily ever after..... even if
we entertain thoughts of such bucolic nonsense.

Are you a loony? You're sounding like it.

I am describing the loony expectations that some people in the UK
seem to have about expecting negotiations to be all friendly and
fair.

The EU may be adopting unusual strategems including brinkmanship
but all is fair in love and war.

This is the bleeding obvious. Of course, bad faith is not
acceptable.

Bad faith is an effective negotiating ploy if it gets the person
what they want.

I do hope polite little Britain is truly ready for trade
negotiations where the going can get very rough.

You mean they come in with knuckle dusters? Or what do you mean?
In any case, you may recall that history didn't start on
whatever day it was when the EU took over trade negotiations.
The UK had been doing it for hundreds of years before that.

British pre-EU trade negotiations tended, more than usual, to be
at the end of an Imperial gun barrel and often involved dark-
skinned subjects of the Empire who had little say in what their
country agreed with London.

Every person is out for themself in a trade negotiation. Good
behaviour may have generated good will but we lost that when we
told the EU we were leaving.

It's time for us to grow up and stop whinging.

It's actually the remoaners who are whinging and throwing up the phantom
problems.
We are in a weak
position and we knowingly put ourselves there.

So waste no more time on it and go WTO - it won't actually cost us much.
I would just leave the NI border open and let the EU sort it out.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
tim... wrote:
There is no "must have a deal" case for bilateral trade deals with
individual middling countries

There are plenty of fish in the sea if one country asks for too much

So which 'fish' do you think we could do a deal with - to provide the same
value of trade and services we currently have with the EU?

Why would we need that?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , tim...
writes

Mark wrote:
[...]

so we just carry on buying from the EU then.

Sorry, you don't seem to understand international trade. It is um,
international

if one country offers us a poor deal you just go somewhere else.

This idea that e.g. NZ can ramp up the price of its butter after we
have left is a nonsense. If it wants to sell us its butter it has to
compete on price. Otherwise we don't buy it from them. Simples

The fact the EU levies tariffs and we may not does not, of itself,
ensure cheaper goods.

It does mean that the ROW will compete on a level playing field, and if
it does have lower costs of production will be able to undercut the EU
price as they will be no tariff disadvantage.

A vendor country may require the UK to
restrict certain sensitive exports to their country or makes
changes to the tariff arrangements for those goods.

Nonsense

No county imposes restrictions on another when they turn up at the door
saying can we buy the products that you have freely advertised as
wanting to sell (except ion the reselling of the item purchased, that
is, but your original claim doesn't seem to be saying that)

And it certainly can't insist on discriminating tariffs for other items
being imposed - WTO rules disallow discriminating tariffs, so no
country could every comply with such a request even if they were minded
to do so.

One recent survey showed only 4% of retailers (who are getting
info passed down their supply chains) think prices will not rise.

such surveyed are meaningless. they are simply a compilation of people
guess work

Especially as they have a vested interest in selling the notion of price
rises - Marmite anyone?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , pamela
writes

Mark wrote:
[...]

To be honest, I am sort of enjoying watching the problems the UK
is having in the negotiations.

As I see it, the whole Brexit thing is such a big mess that I
hardly care whether about the difference between it being a huge
mess or gianormous mess.

So the remoaners would have us believe.
The bigger the mess, the more entertaining it is to watch. I
suspect the Europeans will be seeing it in much the same way too.

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

So you don't live or work in the UK?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , tim...
writes

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

Including the countries of the EU

tim

But he Commission doesn't give a s**** about the people - they don't
need their votes and they won't lose their jobs salaries expenses or
pensions.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 00:19:17 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Odd, really, for a country like ours which is self sufficient in
virtually nothing, other than water. It has to trade to survive.

We're certainly self-sufficient in immigrants, Dave. If the EU is such a
great project and delivering for the citizens, what are they all doing
over here??

You need to ask your Tory government - who despite promising to restrict
immigration has done precisely nothing about the numbers. Even non EU
immigration.

Even more illogical than your usual rubbish.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 24/09/17 14:49, Tim Streater wrote:

Tory MEPs always complained that Kipper MEPs didn't attend or pull
their weight in such committees. AIUI, St Nige was on the Fisheries
Committee and never attended it (or only once).

On the other hand Nigel has a better attendance record than Nick clegg
did when he was an MEP.

Typical UKIP supporter. Search for someone who does a worse job than
Farage makes him a saint.

You are the one who keeps referring to him as a saint. Are you in love
with him or something?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 24/09/17 14:49, Tim Streater wrote:

Tory MEPs always complained that Kipper MEPs didn't attend or pull
their weight in such committees. AIUI, St Nige was on the Fisheries
Committee and never attended it (or only once).

On the other hand Nigel has a better attendance record than Nick clegg
did when he was an MEP.

Typical UKIP supporter. Search for someone who does a worse job than
Farage makes him a saint.

Farage is a saint!

Oh I must have missed that visit to the Vatican

Saints dont have to visit the vatican to become saints in fact I
can't think of even a single one who has become a saint that way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tjoepstil wrote:
The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

no, .
Including the countries of the EU

no. The only people who will suffer are the members of the ruling EU
elite and their cronies..

You are mad if you think they will suffer. Such people are always the last
ones.

The ones who will suffer most are the poor in the UK, many of whom voted
for Brexit.

--
*When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tjoepstil" wrote in message
news
On 28/09/17 10:11, tim... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

no, .
Including the countries of the EU

no. The only people who will suffer are the members of the ruling EU elite
and their cronies..

except for the workers in the companies with large exports to the UK, who
lose their jobs because the lack of an agreement has made those exports to
the UK more difficult

You mean

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" wrote in message
In article , tim...
writes

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

Including the countries of the EU

tim

But he Commission doesn't give a s**** about the people - they don't need
their votes and they won't lose their jobs salaries expenses or pensions.

agreed

but the CoM does

hopefully when it is their turn to vote on this issue they will vote in a
way that is commensurate with the benefits to their populations and not in
the way that is simply to the benefit of the EU commissioners

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"Tjoepstil" wrote in message
news
On 28/09/17 10:11, tim... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

no, .
Including the countries of the EU

no. The only people who will suffer are the members of the ruling EU
elite and their cronies..

except for the workers in the companies with large exports to the UK,
who lose their jobs because the lack of an agreement has made those
exports to the UK more difficult

You mean

tim

We don't pay their unemployment benefits, so it's not our problem
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Have you tasted NZ lamb?

Yep.

It's vastly inferior to European lamb.

Bull****. In spades with dairy.

The problem with NZ lamb in Europe is the time that it takes to get here.

I imagine that you don't have that problem in Oz

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 24/09/17 14:49, Tim Streater wrote:

Tory MEPs always complained that Kipper MEPs didn't attend or pull
their weight in such committees. AIUI, St Nige was on the Fisheries
Committee and never attended it (or only once).

On the other hand Nigel has a better attendance record than Nick clegg
did when he was an MEP.

Typical UKIP supporter. Search for someone who does a worse job than
Farage makes him a saint.

Farage is a saint!

Oh I must have missed that visit to the Vatican

Saints dont have to visit the vatican to become saints in fact I
can't think of even a single one who has become a saint that way.

It was a joke Rod

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pamela wrote:

[...]

Once boisterous Brexiteers seem a bit subdued these days. They're
complaining about how negotiations aren't going as well as
expected.

it isn't that the negotiations aren't going as well as expected

they are probably going exactly as expected

the problem is that our dozy politicians aren't prepared for it and are
rolling over rather than toughing it out

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
tim... wrote:

"Tjoepstil" wrote in message
news
On 28/09/17 10:11, tim... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

no, .
Including the countries of the EU
no. The only people who will suffer are the members of the ruling EU
elite and their cronies..

except for the workers in the companies with large exports to the UK,
who lose their jobs because the lack of an agreement has made those
exports to the UK more difficult

You mean

tim

We don't pay their unemployment benefits, so it's not our problem

I was referring to

"The Brexiteers made this mess so they can clear it up."

You thus seem to be in agreement with me that it isn't just our problem to
solve

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:02:03 +0100, Mark wrote:

If we want to trade with EU countries then they will.

They need to trade with us, too.

But as a percentage of their income, nothing like so large as of ours.

And don't forget the far more important thing - financial etc services.
Plenty EU centres are out to take that business away from London.

--
*My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. She stops to breathe.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Tjoepstil" wrote in message
news
On 28/09/17 10:11, tim... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

no, .
Including the countries of the EU

no. The only people who will suffer are the members of the ruling EU
elite and their cronies..

except for the workers in the companies with large exports to the UK, who
lose their jobs because the lack of an agreement has made those exports to
the UK more difficult

There wont be any of those, you watch.

You wont even see any EUians involved in primitive agriculture that
lose their jobs when Britain buys from NZ etc again either, you watch.

You mean

How do you know he's mean ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"bert" wrote in message
In article , tim...
writes

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

Including the countries of the EU

tim

But he Commission doesn't give a s**** about the people - they don't need
their votes and they won't lose their jobs salaries expenses or pensions.

agreed

but the CoM does

hopefully when it is their turn to vote on this issue they will vote in a
way that is commensurate with the benefits to their populations and not in
the way that is simply to the benefit of the EU commissioners

Pigs might fly, too.

Have fun listing even a single example of that ever happening.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Have you tasted NZ lamb?

Yep.

It's vastly inferior to European lamb.

Bull****. In spades with dairy.

The problem with NZ lamb in Europe is the time that it takes to get here.

Nope, different breeds are used and they are fed differently.

I imagine that you don't have that problem in Oz

You lot dont either. It takes **** all time to get from NZ to europe
and for some odd reason the ships are actually refrigerated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 24/09/17 14:49, Tim Streater wrote:

Tory MEPs always complained that Kipper MEPs didn't attend or pull
their weight in such committees. AIUI, St Nige was on the Fisheries
Committee and never attended it (or only once).

On the other hand Nigel has a better attendance record than Nick
clegg
did when he was an MEP.

Typical UKIP supporter. Search for someone who does a worse job than
Farage makes him a saint.

Farage is a saint!

Oh I must have missed that visit to the Vatican

Saints dont have to visit the vatican to become saints in fact I
can't think of even a single one who has become a saint that way.

It was a joke Rod

So was mine, Timmy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news

Pamela wrote:

[...]

No one has rolled over and Barnier wouldn't be playing silly
buggers and claiming that no progress is likely if they had.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"bert" wrote in message
In article , tim...
writes

"pamela" wrote in message
On 18:09 27 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

It's amusing to watch Johnny Englander puff and pant that it's not
fair. Why should I care? The Brexiteers made this mess so they
can clear it up.

The problem with that is everyone's going to suffer

Including the countries of the EU

tim

But he Commission doesn't give a s**** about the people - they don't
need their votes and they won't lose their jobs salaries expenses or
pensions.

agreed

but the CoM does

hopefully when it is their turn to vote on this issue they will vote in
a way that is commensurate with the benefits to their populations and
not in the way that is simply to the benefit of the EU commissioners

tim

Nah. They're part of the EU they'll do as they are told by Brussels.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Capitol wrote:
Nah. They're part of the EU they'll do as they are told by Brussels.

Just like the UK does, then?

Or does your jingoism extend to believing the UK somehow above such a
thing? Perfect in every way?

--
He who laughs last, thinks slowest*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 00:24:34 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You are mad if you think they will suffer. Such people are always the
last ones.

And yet you continue to lavish your unequivocal support on them. Your
position makes no sense at all, Dave.
baffled

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 10:58:19 +0100, Capitol wrote:

We don't pay their unemployment benefits, so it's not our problem

I think you mean we *wont* be paying their unemployment benefit when we
(eventually) leave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 09:20:02 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

No, I'm complaining about how irresponsible the EU is being.

We need to walk out of these so-called 'talks' and demonstrate a bit of
spine. Let the industrialists in Germany see if they can get some sense
through to these intransigent wasters.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:03:42 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

Then you are justified in saying "No more Mr Nice Guy", and you have
evidence to back it up. Otherwise all the twerps will say we should have
negotiated harder.

Maybe there's some method to May's apparent madness after all? It won't
look very good at all for the EUrocrats if it continues to appear the
case that they're just being obstructive out of pure malice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:29:00 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

And don't forget the far more important thing - financial etc services.
Plenty EU centres are out to take that business away from London.

You mean the super-criminals the brought us to the very edge of ruin in
2007/08, Dave. I say ****ing good riddance to those ****s. Let them
bankrupt the Germans and the French next time if they're stupid enough to
invite disaster upon themselves.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 00:24:34 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You are mad if you think they will suffer. Such people are always the
last ones.

And yet you continue to lavish your unequivocal support on them. Your
position makes no sense at all, Dave.
baffled

No need to be baffled. Just pointed out your mistake. Politicians while in
power are pretty well always the last ones to suffer. EU or UK - makes no
difference.

--
*A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 09:20:02 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

No, I'm complaining about how irresponsible the EU is being.

We need to walk out of these so-called 'talks' and demonstrate a bit of
spine. Let the industrialists in Germany see if they can get some sense
through to these intransigent wasters.

How does that sit with your view that the commissioners etc are
responsible to no one?

--
*Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.