Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:37:41 +1000, "Simon Jones"
wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 10:37 27 Sep 2017, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 27/09/17 09:02, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman
(News)" writes
In article , Â
Mark wrote:
Huh! If we remained a part of the EU we would have some
say on
how it
is run; outside the EU we have no say at all.

outside we no longer need to change it

That's a very naive attitude.

Just the usual drawbridge one.

Odd, really, for a country like ours which is self sufficient
in virtually nothing, other than water. It has to trade to
survive.

And sugar according to the BBC this morning:-)

Obviously if everyone were like plow****, it would be never be
self sufficient in anything except whining, and there's not much
market for that.

No modern nation is 'self sufficient'. No nation ever was.
Romans occupied Britain for tin gold and copper.

China imports vast quantities of coal and iron ore. China
exports rare earth metals to the world.

Remoaners are like little children who are taken to Town for the
first time and say 'but surely Daddy can't spend his whole life
here when he isn't at home, just working?'

The unbelievable stupidity of remoaners is to equate 'No trade
deal' with 'no trade'

If we end up charging quid pro quo import tariffs for Spanish
courgettes, someone will build a desalination plant and grow
them in Morocco. Or Nigeria. Or somewhere else outside the EU.
We could build heated greenhouses running on left wing bull****
and grow them here. There's plenty of it.

Its all a matter of price.

It's true that the market will determine the price. If
we wish to pay the price then we will get the goods.

However the price of goods from non-EU countries may
end up being higher than at present. Perhaps much higher.

Even sillier than you usually manage given that the CAP is
deliberately designed to prop up very small scale inefficient
european agriculture, particularly in France etc and the non
EU countries exporting to Britain have highly efficient modern
agriculture instead. There's a reason NZ lamb and dairy is
MUCH cheaper than what is produced in France.

Have you tasted NZ lamb? It's vastly inferior to European lamb.