Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"pamela" wrote in message
On 20:49 28 Sep 2017, bert wrote:

In article , pamela
writes
On 17:38 27 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

Pamela wrote:

I do hope polite little Britain is truly ready for trade
negotiations where the going can get very rough.

You mean they come in with knuckle dusters? Or what do you
mean? In any case, you may recall that history didn't start on
whatever day it was when the EU took over trade negotiations.
The UK had been doing it for hundreds of years before that.

British pre-EU trade negotiations tended, more than usual, to
be at the end of an Imperial gun barrel and often involved
dark- skinned subjects of the Empire who had little say in what
their country agreed with London.

Every person is out for themself in a trade negotiation. Good
behaviour may have generated good will but we lost that when we
told the EU we were leaving.

It's time for us to grow up and stop whinging.

It's actually the remoaners who are whinging and throwing up the
phantom problems.

Once boisterous Brexiteers seem a bit subdued these days. They're
complaining about how negotiations aren't going as well as
expected.

it isn't that the negotiations aren't going as well as expected

they are probably going exactly as expected

the problem is that our dozy politicians aren't prepared for it and are
rolling over rather than toughing it out

tim