Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

In article , pamela
writes
On 15:13 27 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , pamela
wrote:

On 08:52 27 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , tim...
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,

AFAIA every single Brexiter wants an EU Trade agreement.
It's the means by which it is achieved that differs

No Brexiteer wants a trade agreement with the EU. We already
had one. They want to have a deal on their terms only.

nonsense, that's just negotiation bluster

Which is not an agreement.

which the EU seems to excel in doing when they negotiate

AISB, wake me up when the EU has learnt what he word
"negotiation" means. And when they start practising what the
word means.

This makes me laugh. The UK decision to leave forced the EU
into negotiations. Now the EU is acting in a way which
maximises the outcome for them. What else did we expect?

No, they're acting in a way that will minimise their outcome.
Because if they carry on with their non-negotiations, we will
just walk away.

Why do we think we have a right to intervene in what the Eu choose
to do to itself. Let it be.

"Negotiation" means that you don't end up with everything you
want. The EU just walks into the room, plonks down their
demands, and expects us to knuckle forehead, open our wallet and
say "Help yourself".

Actually I think negotiation does mean aiming to get everything
you want.... and more if possible.

True, and assessing what you are prepared to give away to get what you
really want. Knowing the same about the other side.
We need to put aside out
British notions of fairness.

Very true especially of TM
The Queensbury rules don't apply
here.

Indeed not.
There is no intention on their part to sit around supping warm
beer or cups of tea until merriment breaks out on all sides and
hands get shaken and all go home happily ever after..... even if
we entertain thoughts of such bucolic nonsense.

Too much pride at stake for their "tough" negotiator
The EU may be adopting unusual strategems including brinkmanship
but all is fair in love and war.

Nothing unusual or unpredictable about what they have done so far that's
why more and more are coming round to the idea that we are simply
wasting time playing their game.
I do hope polite little Britain
is truly ready for trade negotiations where the going can get very
rough.

Tough but fun.
--
bert