Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cigarettes

On Friday, 19 June 2015 13:58:46 UTC+1, Jonno wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) scribbled

In article ,
David Lang wrote:
The problem is the rabid anti smoking and anti anything that gives you
pleasure fanatics.

Prediction; Booze will be the next on the list.

Puritan ****s.

Quite.

I've never quite understood politicians being so down on 'illegal' drugs
given so many of them seem to drink too much - and alcohol is just as
dangerous a drug as most.

If we were starting with a clean sheet, alcohol would be an illegal drug.

If you were starting with a clean sheet, we'd all be dead from drinking
poisoned water. You do know why we drank a lot of beer?

Don't forget gin for the ladies .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jonno wrote:
I've never quite understood politicians being so down on 'illegal'
drugs given so many of them seem to drink too much - and alcohol is
just as dangerous a drug as most.

If we were starting with a clean sheet, alcohol would be an illegal
drug.

If you were starting with a clean sheet, we'd all be dead from drinking
poisoned water. You do know why we drank a lot of beer?

The sort of small beer made to sterilise water would probably still be ok.
But I doubt the average alcohol user today would be happy with it.

--
*Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
GMM wrote:
I think it should be positively promoted in pubs[1]: The smoking ban
has been a significant factor in the high level of pub closures in
recent years. By promoting vaping, pubs could bring in custom to help
their viability and encourage people to quit the fags at the same time,
restoring a valued national institution and doing significant good for
public health.

Strange, isn't it? Rabid non smokers used to give the smoke in pubs as a
reason to avoid them. But since smoking was banned, they've closed at an
even greater rate.

--
*HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A CIVIL WAR?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
Mrs Pounder Esquire has been smoking snouts for 53 years.
Three months ago she got one of those e-fag things. After two weeks she
stopped smoking it, she no longer needs a snout and would not bull****
me.
She gave the e-fag to me.
I have been a very heavy smoker for 45 years, and I LIKED it.
I've not had a snout for six weeks and do not want one. There is a pack
of
unopened snouts in the house.
Shirley this must be worth a try?

much much too late for both of you ...

It's never too late to save money.

Unless of course, you nick all yours anyway.

michael adams

what ...money ? ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/06/15 22:19, Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/06/15 21:52, David Lang wrote:

Prediction; Booze will be the next on the list.

Puritan ****s.

My view too.

Yes, you can see the beginnings of it now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rabid non smokers

That's because a subset of that group are the sort of humourless
*******s who wouldn't know a good time if it had a rave in their house.

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere - but banning smoking on say an open station platform is stupid.

I tell you, if between the New Puritan Killjoys and the Sharia nutjobs,
if it gets any worse, I will take to farming weed and stocking up on
nitrous.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
GMM wrote:
I think it should be positively promoted in pubs[1]: The smoking ban
has been a significant factor in the high level of pub closures in
recent years. By promoting vaping, pubs could bring in custom to help
their viability and encourage people to quit the fags at the same time,
restoring a valued national institution and doing significant good for
public health.

Strange, isn't it? Rabid non smokers used to give the smoke in pubs as a
reason to avoid them. But since smoking was banned, they've closed at an
even greater rate.

I suspect they are very proud of their achievements. Almost anyone
could have predicted it would happen (and many did) but they probably
saw the demise of the local as a side-benefit, at least.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2015 15:57, Tim Watts wrote:

Rabid non smokers

That's because a subset of that group are the sort of humourless
*******s who wouldn't know a good time if it had a rave in their house.

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere - but banning smoking on say an open station platform is stupid.

I tell you, if between the New Puritan Killjoys and the Sharia nutjobs,
if it gets any worse, I will take to farming weed and stocking up on
nitrous.

Then it'll be everyone round to your place at the weekends!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Rabid non smokers

That's because a subset of that group are the sort of humourless
*******s who wouldn't know a good time if it had a rave in their house.

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere -

Like a pub or restaurant. Or the place you work?

but banning smoking on say an open station platform is
stupid.

Stops the dogends and empty packets on the platform, I suppose.

I tell you, if between the New Puritan Killjoys and the Sharia nutjobs,
if it gets any worse, I will take to farming weed and stocking up on
nitrous.

Beauty of electronic is not even a dogend to complain about. Although
since it produces a vapour which you can see being puffed out I can
understand some being against it if in the same room. But then they
probably don't like others breathing the same air.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/15 16:05, GMM wrote:
On 19/06/2015 15:57, Tim Watts wrote:

Rabid non smokers

That's because a subset of that group are the sort of humourless
*******s who wouldn't know a good time if it had a rave in their house.

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere - but banning smoking on say an open station platform is
stupid.

I tell you, if between the New Puritan Killjoys and the Sharia nutjobs,
if it gets any worse, I will take to farming weed and stocking up on
nitrous.

Then it'll be everyone round to your place at the weekends!

You'd be very welcome.

But you'd have to "nick" my stash while I was "out" as I'm not doing 7
years for supplying you!

disclaimer
Dear humourless ****s who may be reading this in an archive, this is a
joke, you morons. I have no intention of getting caught breaking the law.
/disclaimer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Rabid non smokers

That's because a subset of that group are the sort of humourless
*******s who wouldn't know a good time if it had a rave in their house.

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere -

Like a pub or restaurant. Or the place you work?

I had no issue with work having a smoking room.

but banning smoking on say an open station platform is
stupid.

Stops the dogends and empty packets on the platform, I suppose.

Yes - it does rather detract from the gum and other litter.

I tell you, if between the New Puritan Killjoys and the Sharia nutjobs,
if it gets any worse, I will take to farming weed and stocking up on
nitrous.

Beauty of electronic is not even a dogend to complain about. Although
since it produces a vapour which you can see being puffed out I can
understand some being against it if in the same room. But then they
probably don't like others breathing the same air.

And guess what - banned in many places now...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 19 June 2015 14:34:47 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
GMM wrote:
I think it should be positively promoted in pubs[1]: The smoking ban
has been a significant factor in the high level of pub closures in
recent years. By promoting vaping, pubs could bring in custom to help
their viability and encourage people to quit the fags at the same time,
restoring a valued national institution and doing significant good for
public health.

Strange, isn't it? Rabid non smokers used to give the smoke in pubs as a
reason to avoid them. But since smoking was banned, they've closed at an
even greater rate.

But we know the reason for that. Well some suspect, but where's the proof.
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/new...b_into_mosque/

Here in Mile end there were always reports of studetns causing trouble due to drink and luewd behavour. But we now mave a larger majority of Muslim students who don;t drink (generally speaking) it's been years since such problems have arrisen.
So I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all it;s a change, and the fact that pubs are quite expensive to drinkm in when you can buy cheap stuff in supermarkets.

Two or three other pubs near me have benn converted into flats.
Quite a few live music venues have been closing too.
Our staff social club was sold off years ago it's now some sort of islamic centre I pass it every week-day. Another pubs hasd turned into a betting shop.
Another pub near me the quite famous (for teh area) bakers arms pub is now a paddy power.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
Mrs Pounder Esquire has been smoking snouts for 53 years.
Three months ago she got one of those e-fag things. After two weeks she
stopped smoking it, she no longer needs a snout and would not bull**** me.
She gave the e-fag to me.
I have been a very heavy smoker for 45 years, and I LIKED it.
I've not had a snout for six weeks and do not want one. There is a pack of
unopened snouts in the house.
Shirley this must be worth a try?

much much too late for both of you ...

It's never too late to save money.

Unless of course, you nick all yours anyway.

michael adams

what ...money ? ....

Cigarettes.

Because you were unable to work out for yourself
that going on e-cigs would save money regardless
of the effect on a person's health - some people are
probably genetically immune to the most harmful affects
of smoking only nobody can work out who - I assumed you
must think that they don't cost anything. So that you
yourself, or any smokers that you know must be
stealing their cigarettes.

michael adams

michael adams

Assuming you're spending money on cigarettes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

[...]

The worst of them were the passive smokers stealing the smoke that others had paid for, b'stards ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

[...]

I have never smoked...for things unknown there is no desire .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

All smokers are disgusting ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"J1MBO/m" wrote in message

I have never smoked...for things unknown there is no desire .......

You must be exceptional then.

Because if that applied to everyone, then nobody would
have ever taken up anything new.

To say nothing of all the foodstuffs and drinks
which would never have been developed. Tea,
coffee, and cocoa, to name but three.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"J1MBO/m" wrote in message

I have never smoked...for things unknown there is no desire .......

You must be exceptional then.

Because if that applied to everyone, then nobody would
have ever taken up anything new.

To say nothing of all the foodstuffs and drinks
which would never have been developed. Tea,
coffee, and cocoa, to name but three.

michael adams

well...I had a liver transplant six months ago and I never was a drinker
......you can never tell what is going to kill you...best not to take a silly
chance ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-06-19, Tim Watts wrote:

[6 lines snipped]

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere - but banning smoking on say an open station platform is stupid.

That depends on how you would feel if I came and urinated on you. After
all, banning urination on say an open station platform is stupid.

I'd say thankyou if I was on fire.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-06-19, Tim Watts wrote:

[6 lines snipped]

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere - but banning smoking on say an open station platform is stupid.

That depends on how you would feel if I came and urinated on you. After
all, banning urination on say an open station platform is stupid.

Slight difference...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-06-19, Tim Watts wrote:

[6 lines snipped]

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere - but banning smoking on say an open station platform is stupid.

That depends on how you would feel if I came and urinated on you. After
all, banning urination on say an open station platform is stupid.

Most people **** against a wall, or a fence. Most station platforms
have a wall or a fence on the non track side to stop people
without tickets travelling for free. A person would need to be
pretty stupid IMO to try and walk between a person taking
a **** against a wall, and the wall he was ****ing against.

On the other hand if you were spraying it about you'd
probably get done for flashing and end up on the
sex offenders register. At which point you'd probably
start posting in uk.legal as well.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"J1MBO/m" wrote in message

I have never smoked...for things unknown there is no desire .......

You must be exceptional then.

Because if that applied to everyone, then nobody would
have ever taken up anything new.

To say nothing of all the foodstuffs and drinks
which would never have been developed. Tea,
coffee, and cocoa, to name but three.

michael adams

well...I had a liver transplant six months ago and I never was a drinker

And I'll bet you've never shagged any Miss Worlds either.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"J1MBO/m" wrote in message
All smokers are disgusting ...

Have you ever posted anything constructive or interesting here, or in your
silly back biting uk.radio.amateur group?
All you have ever done here is ask silly questions and make dumb comments.
I do seem to remember that in your "poverty laptop" thread you described
this group as good for trolling - or words to that effect.
You seem to be a bit of a dickhead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"J1MBO/m" wrote in message
All smokers are disgusting ...

Have you ever posted anything constructive or interesting here, or in your
silly back biting uk.radio.amateur group?
All you have ever done here is ask silly questions and make dumb comments.
I do seem to remember that in your "poverty laptop" thread you described
this group as good for trolling - or words to that effect.
You seem to be a bit of a dickhead.

yes...but what can you do ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 19 June 2015 13:12:34 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 20:02:39 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Mrs Pounder Esquire has been smoking snouts for 53 years.
Three months ago she got one of those e-fag things. After two weeks
she
stopped smoking it, she no longer needs a snout and would not bull****
me.
She gave the e-fag to me.
I have been a very heavy smoker for 45 years, and I LIKED it.
I've not had a snout for six weeks and do not want one. There is a
pack
of
unopened snouts in the house.
Shirley this must be worth a try?

Well done, sir!

And the Welsh are going to discourage their use by banning them in
public places, on the grounds that they encourage young people to take
up smoking. How stupid is that!
http://tinyurl.com/p3z4723

Have seem all the flavoured vaping stuff? There is no way that is aimed
at
smokers trying to give up, it's all about getting kids addicted.

Yeah right.
From 40 per day to zero per is one hell of a failure.

It's fine for those genuinely trying to stop but has it cured your
nicotine
addiction? Just look at the flavours and packaging of the stuff on sale
now
and tell me you think that they're not trying to hook kids in.

I feel better, I can taste my food better, my sense of smell has improved, I
do not stink of fags, my clothes do not stink of fags the list goes on.
I do not care who they hook in.

But will you be less or more crotchety?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"J1MBO/m" wrote in message
All smokers are disgusting ...

Have you ever posted anything constructive or interesting here, or in
your
silly back biting uk.radio.amateur group?
All you have ever done here is ask silly questions and make dumb
comments.
I do seem to remember that in your "poverty laptop" thread you described
this group as good for trolling - or words to that effect.
You seem to be a bit of a dickhead.

yes...but what can you do ...

I'm not a prolific poster here, but I have:
Asked valid questions.
Rightly or wrongly offered solutions.
Posted OT perhaps, but that was for a spot of fun.
All that you have ever done is to ask silly trolling questions.

End of -

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 19 June 2015 12:11:44 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
GMM laid this down on his screen :
Since Mr P's experience here is by no means unusual, they seem to be able to
play a useful role in helping people to quit smoking, although that, too,
will take years to prove.

There is absolutely no doubt vaping has helped millions to give up
smoking, it is no longer in doubt - if that is what you meant?

The only thing in doubt is how harmful vaping might be and so far all
of the open minded genuine research suggests it is at worst, hundreds
to thousands of times safer than smoking - if there is any risk at all.

Damn.
Does this mean we'll all have to pay more tax?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 19 June 2015 14:05:34 UTC+1, GMM wrote:
On 19/06/2015 12:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
GMM laid this down on his screen :

I think it should be positively promoted in pubs[1]: The smoking ban
has been a significant factor in the high level of pub closures in
recent years. By promoting vaping, pubs could bring in custom to help
their viability and encourage people to quit the fags at the same time,
restoring a valued national institution and doing significant good for
public health.

[1] I'm sure it's already the case in some, but none that I've been in
around here

I think the trouble for pubs is cheap supermarket booze and home entertainment.
Fags has little to do with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 20:30:26 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
Mrs Pounder Esquire has been smoking snouts for 53 years.
Three months ago she got one of those e-fag things. After two weeks she stopped smoking
it, she no longer needs a snout and would not bull**** me.
She gave the e-fag to me.
I have been a very heavy smoker for 45 years, and I LIKED it.
I've not had a snout for six weeks and do not want one. There is a pack of unopened
snouts in the house.
Shirley this must be worth a try?

If you smoke and want to give up then anything is worth a try.

Presumably if there's no tar or any other harmful by-products
then they must be an improvement.

The range of flavours seems a bit confusing though.
"A wide variety of flavours are available, including cherry,
vanilla, strawberry, chocolate & blueberry etc"
I've seen a kiosk in a shopping centre with bottles
containing maybe hundreds of flavours.

I gave up 30 years ago and never miss Virginia, from
smelling it in other people's smoke. But I used to smoke
a lot of Turkish, Abdullahs, Balkan Sobranies,
and cheapies made by a small London firm called Morris.
Nothing to do with William Morris. Now all forgotten.
Except the Sobranie brand name on upmarket Virginia.
If they ever came out with a really authentic Turkish -
flavour - then I'd certainly be tempted to take it up
again.

michael adams

These Poles smoke filthy fags.
You can smell them coming miles away.#
Lotd of Poles round here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"J1MBO/m" wrote in message
All smokers are disgusting ...

Have you ever posted anything constructive or interesting here, or in
your
silly back biting uk.radio.amateur group?
All you have ever done here is ask silly questions and make dumb
comments.
I do seem to remember that in your "poverty laptop" thread you described
this group as good for trolling - or words to that effect.
You seem to be a bit of a dickhead.

yes...but what can you do ...

I'm not a prolific poster here, but I have:
Asked valid questions.
Rightly or wrongly offered solutions.
Posted OT perhaps, but that was for a spot of fun.
All that you have ever done is to ask silly trolling questions.

End of -

you are no fun at all...cheer up and have a harry rag ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"J1MBO/m" wrote in message
All smokers are disgusting ...

Have you ever posted anything constructive or interesting here, or in
your
silly back biting uk.radio.amateur group?
All you have ever done here is ask silly questions and make dumb
comments.
I do seem to remember that in your "poverty laptop" thread you
described this group as good for trolling - or words to that effect.
You seem to be a bit of a dickhead.

yes...but what can you do ...

I'm not a prolific poster here, but I have:
Asked valid questions.
Rightly or wrongly offered solutions.
Posted OT perhaps, but that was for a spot of fun.
All that you have ever done is to ask silly trolling questions.

End of -

you are no fun at all...cheer up and have a harry rag ...

life is too short .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

From 40 per day to zero per is one hell of a failure.

It's fine for those genuinely trying to stop but has it cured your
nicotine
addiction? Just look at the flavours and packaging of the stuff on sale
now
and tell me you think that they're not trying to hook kids in.

I feel better, I can taste my food better, my sense of smell has
improved, I
do not stink of fags, my clothes do not stink of fags the list goes on.
I do not care who they hook in.

But will you be less or more crotchety?

I had to Google "crotchety"
Dunno, I have never been that way.
Harry, I'm Mr Nice Guy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-06-19, Tim Watts wrote:

[6 lines snipped]

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere - but banning smoking on say an open station platform is stupid.

That depends on how you would feel if I came and urinated on you. After
all, banning urination on say an open station platform is stupid.

Slight difference...

Only in your mind.

Duuude....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
GMM wrote:
I think it should be positively promoted in pubs[1]: The smoking ban
has been a significant factor in the high level of pub closures in
recent years. By promoting vaping, pubs could bring in custom to help
their viability and encourage people to quit the fags at the same time,
restoring a valued national institution and doing significant good for
public health.

Strange, isn't it? Rabid non smokers used to give the smoke in pubs as a
reason to avoid them. But since smoking was banned, they've closed at an
even greater rate.

Its the pubs that cater for families that are still going.
The ones that were for serious drinkers are closing because drink is
cheaper elsewhere. Its not got much to do with smoking bans at all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2015 15:57, Tim Watts wrote:

Rabid non smokers

That's because a subset of that group are the sort of humourless
*******s who wouldn't know a good time if it had a rave in their house.

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere - but banning smoking on say an open station platform is stupid.

Only a stupid smoker would think that its OK to smoke just because its
in the open.
I can assure you that when I start coughing if I have to breath in that
cr@p its not because I am trying to make a point its because the selfish
*******s have tried to poison me and my lung and throat are reacting to
get rid of the ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"J1MBO/m" wrote in message
All smokers are disgusting ...

Have you ever posted anything constructive or interesting here, or in
your
silly back biting uk.radio.amateur group?
All you have ever done here is ask silly questions and make dumb
comments.
I do seem to remember that in your "poverty laptop" thread you
described this group as good for trolling - or words to that effect.
You seem to be a bit of a dickhead.

yes...but what can you do ...

I'm not a prolific poster here, but I have:
Asked valid questions.
Rightly or wrongly offered solutions.
Posted OT perhaps, but that was for a spot of fun.
All that you have ever done is to ask silly trolling questions.

End of -

you are no fun at all...cheer up and have a harry rag ...

Prick.

sorry Harry Wragg .........should have remembered that from the amusements
in the 60's .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/15 22:55, dennis@home wrote:
On 19/06/2015 15:57, Tim Watts wrote:

Rabid non smokers

That's because a subset of that group are the sort of humourless
*******s who wouldn't know a good time if it had a rave in their house.

I am not criticising the right of people to be in a smoke free
atmosphere - but banning smoking on say an open station platform is
stupid.

Only a stupid smoker would think that its OK to smoke just because its
in the open.
I can assure you that when I start coughing if I have to breath in that
cr@p its not because I am trying to make a point its because the selfish
*******s have tried to poison me and my lung and throat are reacting to
get rid of the ****.

I hope you stay in when you have a cold or tummy bug.

Because those ******s who insist on coughing their crappy bugs all all
the train I'm on really **** me off!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
harry wrote:
I think the trouble for pubs is cheap supermarket booze and home
entertainment. Fags has little to do with it.

You go to a pub purely to drink booze and watch telly? Figures.

--
*Always borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back *