Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recycling

We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

We've recently switched from four separate bins for general + plastic
bottles/tins + paper/card + glass to one bin for all recycling (with an
expanded list of acceptable stuff such as tetrapak and yoghurt pots) and
a general bin

My general bin is now noticeably emptier.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

You are lucky to have just three bins...

we have a brown wheelie for garden waste
Green box for cardboard and paper
Blue box for cans and plastic
Black box for glass
brown box with lid for food waste
lilac plastic bag for textiles
clear plastic bag for batteries
black wheelie bin for general waste
Another box for light bulbs

Like you I don't put very much into the general waste bin.

In my case its mainly filled with

ash from my wood burner
sawdust from carpentry
off cuts of chipboard or plywood (unless I've got loads in which case a
trip to the tip is needed.)
cat vomit from resident cat
dead birds brought in by resident cat
dead mice brought in by resident cat
dead frogs brought in
"walnut whips" left by visiting dog (belongs to M.I.L)
empty paint cans. I tried leaving these with the food cans but the
operatives were having none of it
used worn paint brushes and other general D-I-Y emptied consumables.
used rags that hev went paint/sealant on them etc.

I can see that for families, there is probably used disposable nappies
as well.

As this is collected fortnightly alternating with the garden waste bin,
I sometimes use both wheelie bins for garden waste and put them out the
same day, leaving the black wheelie bin lid open so the operatives can
see its garden waste.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

polystyrene packaging from the big tele?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I can see that for families, there is probably used disposable nappies
as well.

As this is collected fortnightly

And in this hot weather.....don't get me started

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Shredded paper apparently won't be accepted here as the fibres are too
short, certain plastics are also no good or items that have a mixture of
materials bonded together it seems. If you are more advanced in Kent, then
maybe they need to have a word in the ear of our mob.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for recycling
(don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a third for
'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , stuart noble
writes
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

polystyrene packaging from the big tele?

What do people do with unwanted paint? I have tried taking the lid off
emulsion and find it takes weeks to solidify.

Over the years, I have accumulated 100l or so of oil based paint. Mainly
job lots at farm sales where the auctioneers have lumped crap with
saleable stuff. Anyone for festering JCB yellow?

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/23/2013 09:46 AM, Tim Lamb wrote:

Over the years, I have accumulated 100l or so of oil based paint. Mainly
job lots at farm sales where the auctioneers have lumped crap with
saleable stuff. Anyone for festering JCB yellow?

They take it down our local tip.

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2013 09:45, Brian Gaff wrote:
Shredded paper apparently won't be accepted here as the fibres are too
short, certain plastics are also no good or items that have a mixture of
materials bonded together it seems. If you are more advanced in Kent, then
maybe they need to have a word in the ear of our mob.
Brian

Ours won't take shredded paper for recycling but are quite happy for it
to go in the green compostable bin.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

It is going to vary from person to person and possibly depending upon
what is accepted for recycling. I produce little or no food waste in a
week. My general waste is about one swing bin full every week. I can't
say I have ever analysed what it consists of, but I suspect most of it
will be packaging of types that are not accepted for recycling.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for recycling
(don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a third for
'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

The "instructions" on my recycling bin supplied by my new LA (one next to
yours) says that the only metal you can put in is tins and the only plastic
you can put in is bottles.

All other metal/plastic has to go in the general waste

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday 23 August 2013 09:46 Tim Lamb wrote in uk.d-i-y:

In message , stuart noble
writes
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

polystyrene packaging from the big tele?

What do people do with unwanted paint? I have tried taking the lid off
emulsion and find it takes weeks to solidify.

Over the years, I have accumulated 100l or so of oil based paint. Mainly
job lots at farm sales where the auctioneers have lumped crap with
saleable stuff. Anyone for festering JCB yellow?

Lots of newspaper over the ground.
Pour paint over.

Leave to dry (a day).

Gather paper and take to dump or bury or burn.

I too have been there with clearing out a shed!

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday 23 August 2013 10:34 tim..... wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for recycling
(don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a third for
'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

The "instructions" on my recycling bin supplied by my new LA (one next to
yours) says that the only metal you can put in is tins and the only
plastic you can put in is bottles.

All other metal/plastic has to go in the general waste

tim

That's pretty poor. Ours says types 1,2 or 3 plastics. They do not care what
form the plastic takes as long as it has a little triangle with the number
on the base (most items do these days).

Apparantly types 4+ are not worth anyone recycling.

I wish they would take glass.

Our paper collection is useless - no shredded, no plastic, no giftwrap, no
brown. I cannot be arsed so it all goes in the black bin. I use the paper
box as overflow for plastics (we fill 2 crates a fortnight).

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
Over the years, I have accumulated 100l or so of oil based paint. Mainly
job lots at farm sales where the auctioneers have lumped crap with
saleable stuff. Anyone for festering JCB yellow?

My local furniture recycling place take old paint, mix it up with other old paint, and turn it into magnolia.

Or you could offer to repaint your local chinese restaurant kitchen cheaply?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:54:15 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

The stuff that isn't taken by the recyling... our kerbside collection
takes paper/card, hard plastic, metal and glass. It doesn't take
cartons but they make good fire starters along with CPC flyer pages
(not the glossy covers), squidged you can get an awful lot in a bin
bag, they eventually get taken to a HWRC near the weekly supermarket.

So for the general waste that leaves mainly plastic films of one sort
or another from food packaging, used bits of kitchen roll/tissue,
contents of vacuum and DIY detritus.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:51:21 +0100, Andy Cap wrote:

They take it down our local tip.

Fairly sure all the HWRC's that I'm likely to visit around here take
paint. Check on the local counties web site what any individual
center handles.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:55:59 +0100
Nightjar wrote:

We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling
stuff. What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of
those categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

It is going to vary from person to person and possibly depending upon
what is accepted for recycling. I produce little or no food waste in
a week. My general waste is about one swing bin full every week. I
can't say I have ever analysed what it consists of, but I suspect
most of it will be packaging of types that are not accepted for
recycling.

Colin Bignell

"....packaging of types that are not accepted for recycling."
The annoying items in this category here are juice cartons, egg cartons,
and 'pill strips', or whatever they're called, and all aerosols.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

They say:

"Plastic containers, yoghurt pots, butter/margarine tubs, ice cream tubs,
etc are not currently recycled as there is no viable market"

I made a mistake. They also take Aluminium foil, but that wasn't my beef
about the metals

I had some waste steel piping that must be worth doing something with, but
it went in the normal waste as I certainly wasn't going to walk to the
council tip 2 miles away, with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
Over the years, I have accumulated 100l or so of oil based paint. Mainly
job lots at farm sales where the auctioneers have lumped crap with
saleable stuff. Anyone for festering JCB yellow?

My local furniture recycling place take old paint, mix it up with other old
paint, and turn it into magnolia.

Or you could offer to repaint your local chinese restaurant kitchen
cheaply?

Owain

Visiting an aunt earlier this year I was shocked to see the array of wheeled
bins blocking the pavement outside her apartment block. Three of differing
colours per apartment, all neatly numbered with the apartment number. As the
block was built pre the advent of wheeled bins there is nowhere to store
them so they live on the pavement with residents jostling them for pole
position!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-08-23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , stuart noble
writes
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling
stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

polystyrene packaging from the big tele?

What do people do with unwanted paint?

My local tip (sorry, "Household Waste Recycling Site") has a drop-off
point for old paint.

I'm sure that they all (most) do

but even the most eco-friendly numpty can see that driving to the tip, just
to dump a tin of paint, is environmentally silly

tim

--
Today is Setting Orange, the 16th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3179
€œA preoccupation with the next world clearly shows an inability to

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:30:27 +0100, Davey wrote:

"....packaging of types that are not accepted for recycling."
The annoying items in this category here are juice cartons,

They are around here but not kerbside.

egg cartons,

Seems a bit odd, they go the card board or do your eggs come in
plastic boxes (which I'd shove in the "hard plastics" box.

and 'pill strips', or whatever they're called,

Agreed, general waste.

and all aerosols.

Again not kerbside but the HWRCs or local small recycling points take
them.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I knew there was a reason I didn't like Walnut Whips ...

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:06:38 +0100, Steve
wrote:

dead frogs brought in
"walnut whips"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nightjar
writes
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

It is going to vary from person to person and possibly depending upon
what is accepted for recycling. I produce little or no food waste in a
week. My general waste is about one swing bin full every week. I can't
say I have ever analysed what it consists of, but I suspect most of it
will be packaging of types that are not accepted for recycling.

There's a beef! Why are packaging manufacturers allowed to use
non-recyclable material?

Also, how much trouble would it be to clearly identify the re-cycling
route for containers?

Massage received on tips accepting paint. Just shows how often I venture
in there. Pick-up trucks are usually welcomed by a posse of hi-vis
jackets!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-08-23, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Huge wrote:
I'd send a bill to your council for the time you spend sorting your rubbish,
a task you already pay them for.

Rubbish. If you want them to do it, they'll have to charge more. If I
have an empty bottle or plastic drinks bottle in my mitt, how hard is it
to put it in the right container?

Harder than putting it in the single bin my council provide. Plus the
storage space. Sorting waste should be done by your council.

I reckon I must spend all of a minute extra per week making sure that
stuff goes into the right bin of the four supplied.

If waste is sorted into separate bins as it's generated, it needs much
less sorting than it would if it were all put into one bin for later
sorting.

The materials gained by sorting at source are also better suited to
recycling than stuff obtained by sorting the general waste stream,
saving everybody except the initial thrower-away time, money and energy.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-08-23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , stuart noble
writes
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling
stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

polystyrene packaging from the big tele?

What do people do with unwanted paint?

My local tip (sorry, "Household Waste Recycling Site") has a drop-off
point for old paint.

I'm sure that they all (most) do

but even the most eco-friendly numpty can see that driving to the tip,
just to dump a tin of paint, is environmentally silly

Do you never just happen to be passing it?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2013 11:12, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

On 2013-08-23, Steve wrote:
[...]

Not necessarily. Mixed recycling results in a significantly larger
volume of materials being recycled. Many councils argue that the
resulting higher income more than covers the additional cost of sorting it.

If I
have an empty bottle or plastic drinks bottle in my mitt, how hard is it
to put it in the right container?

If I had that many different containers, I would have to walk outside to
the bin area in my garden to use them. With mixed recycling I can simply
have one extra bin indoors.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2013 13:12, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Nightjar
writes
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

It is going to vary from person to person and possibly depending upon
what is accepted for recycling. I produce little or no food waste in a
week. My general waste is about one swing bin full every week. I can't
say I have ever analysed what it consists of, but I suspect most of it
will be packaging of types that are not accepted for recycling.

There's a beef! Why are packaging manufacturers allowed to use
non-recyclable material?

In many cases, they can be recycled, but they just are not being
recycled by the company contracted by the LA. For example, Davey
mentions juice cartons as something he cannot recycle, but I can.

Also, how much trouble would it be to clearly identify the re-cycling
route for containers?

How many people would understand it if they did?

Massage received on tips...

Do we want to know that? :-)

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2013 11:48, tim..... wrote:

My local tip (sorry, "Household Waste Recycling Site") has a drop-off
point for old paint.

I'm sure that they all (most) do

but even the most eco-friendly numpty can see that driving to the tip,
just to dump a tin of paint, is environmentally silly

That's why I'd take it on my bike :-)

(I am probably quite lucky in where I live. Rural, but a mile from the
local market town with all the services - tip, sorting office,
supermarket, DIY indie, etc.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sorting waste should be done by your council.

Thus spake the late Andy Hall who proposed billing the council for his
time, which he hinted would have been extremely costly because he was
such a VIP.
The idea of jumbling everything up and having some poor sod go through
it because you can't be bothered is positively anti-social
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2013 13:38, John Williamson wrote:

I reckon I must spend all of a minute extra per week making sure that
stuff goes into the right bin of the four supplied.

But if there are 20m households in the UK that is the equivalent to 173
man-years of extra work per year. I know it is only a small amount on an
individual basis but if they can use that sort of calculation to show
that everybody's TV standby consumes a LOT of electricity then surely it
works both ways,

Ok, it is Friday.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Tim Lamb formulated :
Also, how much trouble would it be to clearly identify the re-cycling route
for containers?

That would need local councils to agree some sort of recycling code
between them, which is just not going to happen. They cannot even agree
on what colour bin is used for garden and general waste. We have green
for recycleable, brown for garden, black for general. Others use green
for garden waste, which would seem to be the obvious.

A simple colour code on each item, with a list of aceptable colour
codes on each bin, with an added description of items which cannot be
coded would work.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2013 09:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , stuart noble
writes
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

polystyrene packaging from the big tele?

What do people do with unwanted paint?...

We have a local scheme that uses it to redecorate homes for the poor, or
whatever the PC word for poor is these days.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday 23 August 2013 11:46 Muddymike wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Tim Lamb wrote:
Over the years, I have accumulated 100l or so of oil based paint. Mainly
job lots at farm sales where the auctioneers have lumped crap with
saleable stuff. Anyone for festering JCB yellow?

My local furniture recycling place take old paint, mix it up with other
old paint, and turn it into magnolia.

Or you could offer to repaint your local chinese restaurant kitchen
cheaply?

Owain

Visiting an aunt earlier this year I was shocked to see the array of
wheeled bins blocking the pavement outside her apartment block. Three of
differing colours per apartment, all neatly numbered with the apartment
number. As the block was built pre the advent of wheeled bins there is
nowhere to store them so they live on the pavement with residents jostling
them for pole position!

Mike

You should try the "fancy" parts of London. Not allowed to leave bins out.
So come rubbish day, the pavements are strewn with piles of black bin
liners. Looks like a bad day in a third world country.

Talking about Kensington and the like here!

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
[...]

I used to know a bloke who lives in the south.
He once told me that they have to wrap the food waste up in newspaper and
then put it in the bin. To me this seems to be begging for flies, maggots
and horrible smells.
We put the food waste in sealed plastic bags and then in the bin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2013 11:17, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:54:15 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

The stuff that isn't taken by the recyling... our kerbside collection
takes paper/card, hard plastic, metal and glass. It doesn't take
cartons but they make good fire starters along with CPC flyer pages
(not the glossy covers), squidged you can get an awful lot in a bin
bag, they eventually get taken to a HWRC near the weekly supermarket.

So for the general waste that leaves mainly plastic films of one sort
or another from food packaging, used bits of kitchen roll/tissue,
contents of vacuum and DIY detritus.

Where I live (Central Beds) the orange recycle bin take all types of
plastic (apart from polystyrene), all paper, mags, all the crap mail
that comes through the door and cardboard boxes torn into A4 size.
I save the numerous charity bags that come through the door for cat ****
Any metal waste I leave on the drive which disappears in a day, used to
be pikeys but more often than not nowadays East Europeans, as non of
them speak English not sure which country they are from.
The green recycle bin takes the garden waste and branches up to 3/4",
household garden waste I compost.
Cooked kitchen waste I put out for the Foxes/Badgers every night
including cat food, amazing how much moggies waste.
The black bin does not get much at all mainly the Kitchen bin, cat ****
and any rubble I may create.
Glass I take to Sainsburys recycle bins once every month, usually a boot
full, must tell the wife not to drink so much!

Barry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling
stuff. What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of
those categories?

Surely stuff that's non-recyclable - or is that too obvious?

E.G packaging such certain types of glass, bull****, plastic covered
cardboards/paper, certain plastic containers, chemical containers - or
anything that your local council won't or can't sell or compost - and
different LAs have different ideas on what they will treat as recycling.

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

Carry on, there's nothing to stop you - other than it belongs to the LA and
could be considered as theft if you do.

Talking about bins, time I dumped you back in it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2013 16:15, Unbeliever wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
We have three bins in our kitchen, ...
I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

Carry on, there's nothing to stop you - other than it belongs to the LA and
could be considered as theft if you do.

The LA provides you with the bins you keep in the kitchen? Mine doesn't
even provide me with a general waste bin for outside.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Aug 2013 14:14:47 GMT, Huge wrote:

And people think this "zillions of bins" stuff is easy.

It really does depend on your local council and available space.
Those ones with four or five wheelie bins per household plus an equal
number of other containers in a normal urban 3 bed semi setting are
just plain stupid. Not enough space outside for the bins, not enough
space inside to store the stuff before shoving it in the appropiate
bin.

Ours seems to hit the balance about right, one wheelie bin for garden
waste, one box for glass/metal, one strong reuseable bag for
paper/card another for hard plastic. Single use blue bag for
everything else.

We also choose to seperate out batteries, CFLs, foil and aersols but
that is our choice, we also have enough internal storeage space for
the recycling. The non-kerbside stuff gets taken to a HWRC close to
one of the weekly supermarkest maybe once a year.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:30:28 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

You should try the "fancy" parts of London. Not allowed to leave bins
out. So come rubbish day, the pavements are strewn with piles of black
bin liners. Looks like a bad day in a third world country.

Ah but bags is quicker to deal with than wheelie bins. One cannot
have those labourers bringing down the tone can one.

Couple of chaps can lob a great pile of bags into the back of the
wagon in the time it takes the same chaps to retrieve and hook on a
couple of bins, wait while the machine hoists it up, turns it over,
shakes it, lowers it down and the chap unhooks it. That's only two
bins (two households), the heap of bags could well be all the waste
from half a dozen households or more...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-08-23, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

On 2013-08-23, Steve wrote:
[...]

That would require a council who believed they were there to serve the
council tax payers. Something most councils have long forgotten.

OT - Recycling gone mad David WE Roberts[_4_] UK diy 96 February 17th 12 06:17 PM
recycling Kevin Woodturning 25 August 13th 10 03:42 AM
Recycling Gone Too Far The Daring Dufas[_6_] Home Repair 1 April 11th 10 10:34 PM
Recycling a DC? Wade Lippman Woodworking 18 August 4th 07 04:47 PM
recycling tv's etc. mm Electronics Repair 73 October 23rd 06 05:04 AM