Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Recycling

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2013-08-23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , stuart noble
writes
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling
stuff.
What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of those
categories?

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

polystyrene packaging from the big tele?

What do people do with unwanted paint?

My local tip (sorry, "Household Waste Recycling Site") has a drop-off
point for old paint.

I'm sure that they all (most) do

but even the most eco-friendly numpty can see that driving to the tip, just
to dump a tin of paint, is environmentally silly

tim

--
Today is Setting Orange, the 16th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3179
€œA preoccupation with the next world clearly shows an inability to