Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recycling

Huge wrote:
On 2013-08-23, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Huge wrote:
I'd send a bill to your council for the time you spend sorting your rubbish,
a task you already pay them for.

Rubbish. If you want them to do it, they'll have to charge more. If I
have an empty bottle or plastic drinks bottle in my mitt, how hard is it
to put it in the right container?

Harder than putting it in the single bin my council provide. Plus the
storage space. Sorting waste should be done by your council.

I reckon I must spend all of a minute extra per week making sure that
stuff goes into the right bin of the four supplied.

If waste is sorted into separate bins as it's generated, it needs much
less sorting than it would if it were all put into one bin for later
sorting.

The materials gained by sorting at source are also better suited to
recycling than stuff obtained by sorting the general waste stream,
saving everybody except the initial thrower-away time, money and energy.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.