Posted to uk.d-i-y
Unbeliever[_4_] Unbeliever[_4_] is offline

Default Recycling

The Medway Handyman wrote:
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for
recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a
third for 'general waste'.

It occurs to me, that we throw out either food waste or recycling
stuff. What would you throw away that doesn't fall into either of
those categories?

Surely stuff that's non-recyclable - or is that too obvious?

E.G packaging such certain types of glass, bull****, plastic covered
cardboards/paper, certain plastic containers, chemical containers - or
anything that your local council won't or can't sell or compost - and
different LAs have different ideas on what they will treat as recycling.

I'd like to get rid of the 'general waste' bin.

Carry on, there's nothing to stop you - other than it belongs to the LA and
could be considered as theft if you do.

Talking about bins, time I dumped you back in it.