Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recycling

On Friday 23 August 2013 11:46 Muddymike wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Tim Lamb wrote:
Over the years, I have accumulated 100l or so of oil based paint. Mainly
job lots at farm sales where the auctioneers have lumped crap with
saleable stuff. Anyone for festering JCB yellow?

My local furniture recycling place take old paint, mix it up with other
old paint, and turn it into magnolia.

Or you could offer to repaint your local chinese restaurant kitchen
cheaply?

Owain

Visiting an aunt earlier this year I was shocked to see the array of
wheeled bins blocking the pavement outside her apartment block. Three of
differing colours per apartment, all neatly numbered with the apartment
number. As the block was built pre the advent of wheeled bins there is
nowhere to store them so they live on the pavement with residents jostling
them for pole position!

Mike

You should try the "fancy" parts of London. Not allowed to leave bins out.
So come rubbish day, the pavements are strewn with piles of black bin
liners. Looks like a bad day in a third world country.

Talking about Kensington and the like here!

Reading this on the web? See: