Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ikea vs B&Q for DIY furniture

Ikea always seems to go together right - unless, of course, you don't
follow the instructions correctly.

We have put a lot of Ikea stuff together over the years.

It just works.

I've just spent a frustrating (well, it felt like at least an hour) trying
to put a B&Q circular garden table together.

Should be simple. Two metal frames at right angles, held in place by a
metal loop with welded brackets.

Turns out after much pushing and grunting and removing and refitting that
the frame is bent to f*ck and/or not welded up correctly.

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/outdoo...iture/tables/-
specificproducttype-dining_tables/Lavezzi-Dining-Table-12718771?
noCookies=false

or

http://tinyurl.com/odtd7f3

is what is should look like.

Now trying to ring them up to ask them to hold a replacement for us.

Friday evening is not a good time to get customer service.

It is a shame that there isn't an Ikea anywhere near us. Nearest is about
1.5 hours drive each way.

So how can Ikea do it and remain cheap, and B&Q just can't?

Grrrr.

Dave R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 17:39:18 +0000, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

So how can Ikea do it and remain cheap, and B&Q just can't?

Simple. Ikea give a ****.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/13 18:40, Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 17:39:18 +0000, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

So how can Ikea do it and remain cheap, and B&Q just can't?

Simple. Ikea give a ****.

on one of their beds with a free swedish hot tart?

almost worth visiting ikea...and lying briefly on one of their beds.

Do you have to buy anything?

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:51:45 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So how can Ikea do it and remain cheap, and B&Q just can't?

Simple. Ikea give a ****.

on one of their beds with a free swedish hot tart?

It's a stereotype, sure, but I'm not altogether sure it's one borne out
by their staffing...

almost worth visiting ikea...

....as you'd quickly find out with a visit.

I do like Ikea. But whenever we go, we do tend to buy a lot more of the
small stuff - kitchen, candles, food - than furniture. And much of that
lot's largely due to 'erself being demi-Swede.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, August 2, 2013 6:39:18 PM UTC+1, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
It is a shame that there isn't an Ikea anywhere near us. Nearest is about
1.5 hours drive each way.

Ikea now do online ordering and delivery of a subset of their range.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:51:45 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So how can Ikea do it and remain cheap, and B&Q just can't?

Simple. Ikea give a ****.

on one of their beds with a free swedish hot tart?

It's a stereotype, sure, but I'm not altogether sure it's one borne out
by their staffing...

almost worth visiting ikea...

...as you'd quickly find out with a visit.

I do like Ikea. But whenever we go, we do tend to buy a lot more of the
small stuff - kitchen, candles, food - than furniture. And much of that
lot's largely due to 'erself being demi-Swede.

Their stuff assembles very well and is good quality but beware of their
staff.

I had to make five return visits to our local store when buying some kitchen
units because the staff are total muppets and can't get a simple order
right. This is the staff in the Kitchen department AND the collection
department AND the shipping department/

Firstly they f***ed up the order and I had to personally return over a
quarter of the items. Then they messed up the replacements! In the end I
was tearing my hair out, unable to comprehend how they could be such prats.

They did give me a voucher in the end to make up for the mistakes but only
after a prolonged battle with their customer service department who would
not admit that even their website description of one item was wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote in message

..

It is a shame that there isn't an Ikea anywhere near us. Nearest is about
1.5 hours drive each way.

That's about as far as mine

I don't see that as an impediment for a one off major purchase.

So how can Ikea do it and remain cheap, and B&Q just can't?

Ikea have an international presence so overall probably sell many times the
quantity of each item.

So they can put more effort into the mechanical design

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its all down to proper quality control of the pieces and proper handling
when being delivered to stores etc.

I have at times bought CD racks from CPC and found seemingly the same items
are not quite the same size so mucking up the look of a run of them, and in
two cases some end cheeks not even drilled correctly to fit the bits
together. I suspect there is a kind of cheapo we make anything outfit that
these companies use to make stuff and nobody actually checks the job is
being done right.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Adrian" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 17:39:18 +0000, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

So how can Ikea do it and remain cheap, and B&Q just can't?

Simple. Ikea give a ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 3 Aug 2013 08:02:21 +0100, tim..... wrote:

Ikea have an international presence so overall probably sell many times
the quantity of each item.

So does B&Q, they just don't call themselves B&Q everywhere.

http://www.kingfisher.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=23

I thought Kingfisher owned Home Depot in the US but I can't quickly
find a link between the two other than the same typeface and colour
scheme for their corporate image. Is it "coincidence" that Home Depot
only trade in the US, Canada and Mexico and Kingfisher in Europe?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Gaff
wrote:
Its all down to proper quality control of the pieces and proper handling
when being delivered to stores etc.

I have at times bought CD racks from CPC and found seemingly the same
items are not quite the same size so mucking up the look of a run of
them, and in two cases some end cheeks not even drilled correctly to fit
the bits together. I suspect there is a kind of cheapo we make anything
outfit that these companies use to make stuff and nobody actually checks
the job is being done right.

I bought 4 stage lights from CPC a couple of years ago. 3 had one type of
cable, the 4th had a differnt type. That 4th also had no connection between
the earth on the plug and the body of the light. (CE mark fitted as final
assembly stage?) I reckon same product, different factory.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
David.WE.Roberts wrote:
Ikea always seems to go together right - unless, of course, you don't
follow the instructions correctly.

We have put a lot of Ikea stuff together over the years.

It just works.

Not the one item I've bought from them - a computer station in pine, ages
ago. Bits were missing from the sealed box. And to get those bits replaced
involved queuing for literally hours with all those who return stuff.
The whole experience was such I decided never to use them again.

The actual goods were fine - the customer service the very worst I've
known anywhere.

After waiting over 3 hours with no sign of being anywhere near the top of
the queue, I went into the warehouse, opened up another unit and just took
the bits I wanted and walked out. I'd have been happy to have been stopped
by security.

--
*He's not dead - he's electroencephalographically challenged

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 10:33:27 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

I thought Kingfisher owned Home Depot in the US but I can't quickly
find a link between the two other than the same typeface and colour
scheme for their corporate image.

I don't think Kingfisher are active in the US. UK businesses can't
usually make it work, as Tesco has just discovered. Make what you will
of this:
https://corporate.homedepot.com/OurC...s/default.aspx
About Kingfisher: http://www.kingfisher.co.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

.

It is a shame that there isn't an Ikea anywhere near us. Nearest is
about 1.5 hours drive each way.

That's about as far as mine

I don't see that as an impediment for a one off major purchase.

snip

We go to Ikea for major purchases - where the saving outweighs the cost of
fuel and our time.

However it is a major trek and not really justified for a £59 table.

Cheers

Dave R

Oh, and sorry about the URL

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/outdoo...iture/tables/-
specificproducttype-dining_tables/Lavezzi-Dining-Table-12718771

or chop the session based crap off the end of the original URL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote:
[snip]

So how can Ikea do it and remain cheap, and B&Q just can't?

Because B&Q don't give a hoot about getting things right.

Since Ikea built some new stores we now have a choice within a reasonable
drive both in the UK and Italy. In Italy B&Q are Castorama selling exactly
the same tat with exactly the same "**** you" attitude. Ikea are weirdly
variable some stores have exceptional customer service but our closest
Italian store sucks as does Croydon.

Given a free choice I would buy garden furniture from Uno Piu (only)
excellent design and quality but either 1000 miles or 100 miles from home
depending on which home.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Well, got the replacement and put that together O.K. (ish).

General design is very good, both for looks and for self assembly.

The manufacturing is crap.

The frame almost fits together although a couple of the captive bolts (or
tapped whatever) are banjaxed but at least it sits firmly on the deck, and
the composite top is very nice indeed.

So good engineering and style in the design.

Rubbish production.

But I guess that is the way of business these days - cheaper to order
goods with a 10% or more failure rate and just throw away the rejects than
to pay a bit more for quality control at the point of manufacture.

So we pay the price of returning goods for the reduction in overall price.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I saw a documentary on the TV about Ikea. Odd company owned and run by an
odd guy. In the village in Sweden or wherever it is the come from, they have
a complete store, empty of customers. It is purely for them to work out how
displays should be done, and how to plan a customer walk-through.
Apparently, their stores all over the world work to a standard internal
design 'formula', and this is where it's created. They also have a complete
department for creating assembly instructions. Because they trade in so many
different countries, it is impractical for them to be created and printed in
all the different languages, so a lot of effort is put into producing
language-free diagrams and cartoon-style assembly instructions that will be
universal no matter what territory the item is being sold in.

The wife recently bought a tall glass cabinet from them to put all her
Disney bits in. It was a dream to put together. Nicely designed fixings and
unambiguous assembly instructions. Took about a half hour I would guess, and
looks like it was bought as a ready made item from somewhere expensive.

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arfa Daily" wrote:

... Nicely designed fixings and unambiguous assembly instructions.

I agree; there's only one problem with the instructions, which is that Ikea
have not managed to find a way of conveying to 'idiots' that although the
drawings look sparse in detail, the details they show are crucial.

So if for example they show pre-drilled holes in something, you really do
have to check that the piece you're holding/aligning has the same holes in
the same place. I've always thought this was obvious, but I think it may
be the reason that some people have so many problems.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2013 18:39, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
[...]

I'm sure everyone has the same experience: I have bought (along with
other things) two whole kitchens from Ikea and only had to go back
twice: Once for a duff nut that sheared as I was tightening it and once
for a missing piece. Each time, it was sorted out with no fuss.
In my experience, the thing to watch out for is packs that have been
opened and re-sealed. Apart from that (my missing piece was for a
re-sealed box), it has always impressed me that they have exactly the
right amount of everything.
B&Q I try to avoid (although sometimes you do need an 8x4 sheet cut
down). Not only is a lot of their stuff poor but it irritates me how
often I have picked something up there, only to find the price at the
till is higher than the price on the shelf (never lower, of course).
Arguing nearly always solves it but this shouldn't be necessary in a
large, legitimate enterprise. I'm surprised trading standards haven't
taken an interest.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arfa Daily" wrote:
[snip]

The wife recently bought a tall glass cabinet from them to put all her
Disney bits in. It was a dream to put together. Nicely designed fixings
and unambiguous assembly instructions. Took about a half hour I would
guess, and looks like it was bought as a ready made item from somewhere expensive.

We used to use their display cabinets in the shop. They cost a fraction of
the price of similar units from shop fitters.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way they
force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to get
out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

There are rumours that if you know where to look, there are shortcuts
that the staff use to get round more quickly.

You're not the only one annoyed by Ikea's layout, though:-

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/4-ti...-faster-182678

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way they
force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to get
out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

They also tend to put stuff not where you'd expect it forcing even more
wandering around.

It probably suits those who's idea of a good day out is wandering round
shops.

--
*Letting a cat out of the bag is easier than putting it back in *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/3/2013 12:10 PM, Tim Streater wrote:

The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way they
force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to get
out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

The Ikeas I've been in, have (hard-to-find) shortcuts through the store.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/2013 17:15, John Williamson wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way
they force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to
get out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

There are rumours that if you know where to look, there are shortcuts
that the staff use to get round more quickly.

There are in the Ikea near me.
I use them.
However there is very little quality stuff to buy in ikea.

Last time I bought a glass top to fit one of the worktops I had made in
the shed as they were quite cheap and the correct size.

I have also bought some of their chopping boards to use as raw material
as it was cheaper than buying bits of wood from elsewhere.

You're not the only one annoyed by Ikea's layout, though:-

I don't like the layout either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way they
force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to get
out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

They also tend to put stuff not where you'd expect it forcing even more
wandering around.

It probably suits those who's idea of a good day out is wandering round
shops.

All supermarkets do that, they never put the essentials together as it
discourages impulse purchases.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/2013 18:11, dennis@home wrote:

All supermarkets do that, they never put the essentials together as it
discourages impulse purchases.

Supermarkets, even in town ones, are often now huge. So when they also
set out the store to maximise the walking/distance to be covered simply
put me off going to them at all.

The local Sainsbury store was closed, replaced by a compact temporary
store, opened in the gigantic new building. We have changed from
probably getting most of our supermarket shopping from them to almost
none. Result is that they have discouraged not only impulse purchases
but almost all purchases.

Their temporary store, though a bit limited, was a really nice size.
Lidl and Aldi are also acceptable sizes, though lacking in other ways.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 12:41:13 -0400, S Viemeister wrote:

On 8/3/2013 12:10 PM, Tim Streater wrote:

The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way they
force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to get
out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

The Ikeas I've been in, have (hard-to-find) shortcuts through the store.

They even have maps showing them :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/3/2013 1:57 PM, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 12:41:13 -0400, S Viemeister wrote:

On 8/3/2013 12:10 PM, Tim Streater wrote:

The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way they
force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to get
out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

The Ikeas I've been in, have (hard-to-find) shortcuts through the store.

They even have maps showing them :-)

My daughter pointed that out to me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 17:51:33 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

There are rumours that if you know where to look, there are

shortcuts
that the staff use to get round more quickly.

There are in the Ikea near me.

I noticed them the last time I was in an Ikea.

Some one who must be obeyed suggested that a trip to Ikea would be
good idea, on BOXING DAY! After a 3 hr traffic queue to get in,
herded round the "you must look at everything" path, not buying
anything and a 2 hrs to get out of the car park even she agreed it
was not a "good idea".

This was at least thirteen years ago, we havn't been to Ikea since an
I think that was the last time she agreed one of her ideas was not
good.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Williamson" wrote in message
Tim Streater wrote:
The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never to
browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way they
force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to get out.
At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

There are rumours that if you know where to look, there are shortcuts that
the staff use to get round more quickly.

some of them are even signposted :-)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/2013 19:11, S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/3/2013 1:57 PM, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 12:41:13 -0400, S Viemeister wrote:

On 8/3/2013 12:10 PM, Tim Streater wrote:

The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way they
force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to get
out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

The Ikeas I've been in, have (hard-to-find) shortcuts through the store.

They even have maps showing them :-)

My daughter pointed that out to me.

Trouble is, the signs say something like "This is a shortcut but if you
take it you will miss type of good". In the hectic melee that Ikea can
be, it is all to easy to mis-read the sign and think you are following
the route to type of good. which is not a good idea when you are
actually trying to but type of good. DAMHIKT

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim
Streater wrote:
In article

rg, Steve Firth wrote:

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote: [snip]

[...]

at Croydon, you can pick up a map which shows all the shortcuts.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 19:53:44 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Some one who must be obeyed suggested that a trip to Ikea would be good
idea, on BOXING DAY! After a 3 hr traffic queue to get in, herded round
the "you must look at everything" path, not buying anything and a 2 hrs
to get out of the car park even she agreed it was not a "good idea".

This was at least thirteen years ago, we havn't been to Ikea since an I
think that was the last time she agreed one of her ideas was not

We decided to look at IKEA fourteen years ago, at Lakeside.

But decided to take a look at Costco too, and went there first. Spent
some time wandering around, joined on the spot, bought a load of
stuff...and went home.

Never have been to IKEA!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article
,

Steve Firth wrote:

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote:
[snip]
[...]

You mean you haven't found the shortcuts? I know where they are and they
are in the same places in every Ikea store. I *really* ****ed off an
Italian customer in the Ancona store. I needed to buy a work top, got there
just before closing.i started to run to the order point and he thought it
was a race and passed me on the straight in the sofa section. Took a
shortcut - got ahead if him by about 200ft. He shot past me again. Happened
over and over. He couldn't seem to work out how I was doing it.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way
they force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to
get out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

There are rumours that if you know where to look, there are shortcuts
that the staff use to get round more quickly.

There are in the Ikea near me.
I use them.
However there is very little quality stuff to buy in ikea.

They adjust the goods for sale to suit the area. So in the midlands they
are compelled to sell ****e.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/13 18:18, polygonum wrote:
On 03/08/2013 18:11, dennis@home wrote:

All supermarkets do that, they never put the essentials together as it
discourages impulse purchases.

Supermarkets, even in town ones, are often now huge. So when they also
set out the store to maximise the walking/distance to be covered
simply put me off going to them at all.

The local Sainsbury store was closed, replaced by a compact temporary
store, opened in the gigantic new building. We have changed from
probably getting most of our supermarket shopping from them to almost
none. Result is that they have discouraged not only impulse purchases
but almost all purchases.

Their temporary store, though a bit limited, was a really nice size.
Lidl and Aldi are also acceptable sizes, though lacking in other ways.

I feel the same about the whole town of Cambridge.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, August 3, 2013 5:30:30 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
It probably suits those who's idea of a good day out is wandering round
shops.

i.e. Women.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 23:23:03 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
[...]

Thass because you need to mortgage your house in order to park there.
Smart people go to Newmarket or Bury.

And yes yes I know the P&R is not bad but you can't get all purchases on
a bus.

Unless you buy less.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 3 Aug 2013 14:55:40 +0100, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

"Arfa Daily" wrote:

... Nicely designed fixings and unambiguous assembly instructions.

I agree; there's only one problem with the instructions, which is that Ikea
have not managed to find a way of conveying to 'idiots' that although the
drawings look sparse in detail, the details they show are crucial.

So if for example they show pre-drilled holes in something, you really do
have to check that the piece you're holding/aligning has the same holes in
the same place. I've always thought this was obvious, but I think it may
be the reason that some people have so many problems.

The only problem that I had was due to the poor quality/printing of the
instructions.
Although assembly of the major components seemed obvious I decided to FTFM.
Had to keep looking a couple of pages forward to find out what not to use.
There were several parts of the same length and similar aspect ratio -
although of differing cross section - but the sketches were too poor to be
certain which was which without eliminating some.

I once assembled a "tall larder unit" (not from Ikea). Looked at the
leaflet, discarded it after checking that all components were present, built
the thing with no problem, then had to fit a not-too-obvious tie-bar across
it so that the shelves would stay in place!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 19:53:44 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Some one who must be obeyed suggested that a trip to Ikea would be good
idea, on BOXING DAY! After a 3 hr traffic queue to get in, herded round
the "you must look at everything" path, not buying anything and a 2 hrs
to get out of the car park even she agreed it was not a "good idea".

This was at least thirteen years ago, we havn't been to Ikea since an I
think that was the last time she agreed one of her ideas was not

We decided to look at IKEA fourteen years ago, at Lakeside.

But decided to take a look at Costco too, and went there first. Spent
some time wandering around, joined on the spot, bought a load of
stuff...and went home.

Costco sell sofas?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Aug 2013 09:22:20 +0100, tim..... wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 19:53:44 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Some one who must be obeyed suggested that a trip to Ikea would be
good idea, on BOXING DAY! After a 3 hr traffic queue to get in, herded
round the "you must look at everything" path, not buying anything and
a 2 hrs to get out of the car park even she agreed it was not a "good
idea".

This was at least thirteen years ago, we havn't been to Ikea since an
I think that was the last time she agreed one of her ideas was not

We decided to look at IKEA fourteen years ago, at Lakeside.

But decided to take a look at Costco too, and went there first. Spent
some time wandering around, joined on the spot, bought a load of
stuff...and went home.

Costco sell sofas?

Well, not quite what I meant - but ISWYM...

They do occasionally sell furniture tho'...!