Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Ikea vs B&Q for DIY furniture

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 23:23:03 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 03/08/13 18:18, polygonum wrote:
On 03/08/2013 18:11, dennis@home wrote:

All supermarkets do that, they never put the essentials together as it
discourages impulse purchases.

Supermarkets, even in town ones, are often now huge. So when they also
set out the store to maximise the walking/distance to be covered
simply put me off going to them at all.

The local Sainsbury store was closed, replaced by a compact temporary
store, opened in the gigantic new building. We have changed from
probably getting most of our supermarket shopping from them to almost
none. Result is that they have discouraged not only impulse purchases
but almost all purchases.

Their temporary store, though a bit limited, was a really nice size.
Lidl and Aldi are also acceptable sizes, though lacking in other ways.

I feel the same about the whole town of Cambridge.

Thass because you need to mortgage your house in order to park there.
Smart people go to Newmarket or Bury.

And yes yes I know the P&R is not bad but you can't get all purchases on
a bus.

Unless you buy less.

--
Frank Erskine