Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default Ikea vs B&Q for DIY furniture

"Arfa Daily" wrote:

... Nicely designed fixings and unambiguous assembly instructions.

I agree; there's only one problem with the instructions, which is that Ikea
have not managed to find a way of conveying to 'idiots' that although the
drawings look sparse in detail, the details they show are crucial.

So if for example they show pre-drilled holes in something, you really do
have to check that the piece you're holding/aligning has the same holes in
the same place. I've always thought this was obvious, but I think it may
be the reason that some people have so many problems.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".