Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on electric cars.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Battery technology is improving greatly. There is also the combined
battery/supercapacitor.

This could have been posted 30 years ago. And was as true then as now. Or
not.

This one forgets the brick cell phones we had.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Doctor Drivel invalid@not-
for-mail.invalid scribeth thus
SteveW wrote:
On 08/09/2012 07:15, harry wrote:
On Sep 7, 6:45 pm, Andy Cap wrote:
On 07/09/12 18:40, harryagain wrote:

Drove an electric car today.
Uncanny experience but good.
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/imiev/technology.aspx

... and the batteries last how long and cost what to replace?

Andy C

Range is 83 miles. Batteries guaranteed for 5-10 years (Dependingon
how you treat them.). Replacement cost around £4,000

Within the 5-10 year period, the value of the average family car falls
to £4,000, who would want to spend an amount equal to the entire value
of an 'old' car to keep it on the road, when they are fed up of it and
it's beginning to look a little worn around the edges?

Battery technology is improving greatly. There is also the combined
battery/supercapacitor. You could have a 10 year old car and slap in a
new
battery set and it is transformed.

No they use DC don't they;?...

So how much for rejuvenating a 10 year olde motah and I presume it won't
be on its first set of batts by that age?..

The Prius set is averaging at 12 years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
Battery technology is improving greatly. There is also the combined
battery/supercapacitor. You could have a 10 year old car and slap in
a new battery set and it is transformed.

No they use DC don't they;?...

So how much for rejuvenating a 10 year olde motah and I presume it won't
be on its first set of batts by that age?..

I Get the impression dribble

This man is senile.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
On 11/09/2012 23:53, Doctor Drivel wrote:
You could have a 10 year old car and slap in a new battery set and it
is transformed.

I have a ten year old car. I haven't had to buy a new engine, gearbox, or
anything else big.

You must pay attention. The car can "transformed". Replacing your auto box
will cost about the same as battery set but the car is not transformed, just
still the same as it was.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
harry wrote:
Range only decreases gradually with age. If you weren't
driving far it would be OK.

No, it doesnt.

The typical lithium battery has a half life of about 3 years. You lose
about half the capacity every three years. After 6 its toast.

Is there anything else you don't understand, other than half life?

Most of your life must be over by now

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:

Just as we get shot of wodney;

On 11/09/2012 23:39, Doctor Drivel wrote:

I drove the Ampera. Fanastic to drive. Quiet as hell.

Long time no hear dribble... what brings you back?

He was finding hell a bit too quiet.

I have been to hell and back - well Essex and Scotland - the same thing.

--
Tim

"That excessive bail ought not to be required, nor excessive fines
imposed,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , John Rumm
writes
Just as we get shot of wodney;

On 11/09/2012 23:39, Doctor Drivel wrote:

I drove the Ampera. Fanastic to drive. Quiet as hell.

Long time no hear dribble... what brings you back?

Certainly not a car

community ambulance more like

Hi Maxie. How is the Paddy band going? Bought a new donkey jacket yet??

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Other Mike" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 23:39:26 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"harryagain" wrote in message
Drove an electric car today.
Uncanny experience but good.
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/imiev/technology.aspx

I drove the Ampera. Fanastic to drive. Quiet as hell.

I take it the injunction only covers Toyota showrooms...

What a knob.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
So how much for rejuvenating a 10 year olde motah and I presume it won't
be on its first set of batts by that age?..

The Prius set is averaging at 12 years.

Proof, please.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
So how much for rejuvenating a 10 year olde motah and I presume it won't
be on its first set of batts by that age?..

The Prius set is averaging at 12 years.

Proof, please.

In Drivelspik, that means that 90% of them die in the first year, and of
the 10% that are left, 90% of those die in the second and so on.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 15, 4:16*pm, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:
"Alan Braggins" wrote in message

In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 23:42:30 +0100, Doctor *Drivel wrote:

Well it sez a 93 mile range which I suppose would suit me a lot of
the time ...

My round trip working tommorow will be 110 miles. Monday's is around
240.

Then buy an Ampera

That only makes 25 to 50 miles on battery. The *up to* 310 miles comes
from an on board petrol generator.

Plenty of people have a regular commute less than 25 miles, but need
more range often enough that a pure electric car isn't enough.
But at around £30000, you could buy a cheaper ordinary car and a lot
of petrol.

Prices will come down for sure as the competition hot up. *What you save on
petrol over a year will go a *hell of lot towards the cost. It is NOT £30K
to buy.

Ordinary *cars are complex, and prone to breakdowns, while the Ampera is
simple

Electric cars/hybrids are extremely complex.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 15, 4:27*pm, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:
"Andy Champ" wrote in message

. uk...

On 11/09/2012 23:53, Doctor Drivel wrote:
You could *have a 10 year old car and slap in a new battery set and it
is transformed.

I have a ten year old car. *I haven't had to buy a new engine, gearbox, or
anything else big.

You must pay attention. The car can "transformed". Replacing your auto box
will cost about the same as battery set but the car is not transformed, just
still the same as it was.

W"ell a new battery is £4000-£5000
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 16:19:52 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

So how much for rejuvenating a 10 year olde motah and I presume it won't
be on its first set of batts by that age?..

The Prius set is averaging at 12 years.

Hmmm... really? I wonder where all the pulled Priapism batteries on
ebay come from then.
The reason I paid some attention to them was the prospect of picking
one up for peanuts, stripping it for good cells and making some power
bricks for my own modest use. The cost of carriage put paid to that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
.uk...
On 11/09/2012 23:53, Doctor Drivel wrote:
You could have a 10 year old car and slap in a new battery set and it
is transformed.

I have a ten year old car. I haven't had to buy a new engine, gearbox, or
anything else big.

You must pay attention. The car can "transformed". Replacing your auto box
will cost about the same as battery set but the car is not transformed, just
still the same as it was.

My 17 Y/O petrol engined Audi A6 is on is original engine transmission
and a lot else thanks...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Doctor Drivel invalid@not-
for-mail.invalid scribeth thus

"Alan Braggins" wrote in message
.. .
In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 23:42:30 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Well it sez a 93 mile range which I suppose would suit me a lot of
the time ...

My round trip working tommorow will be 110 miles. Monday's is around
240.

Then buy an Ampera

That only makes 25 to 50 miles on battery. The *up to* 310 miles comes
from an on board petrol generator.

Plenty of people have a regular commute less than 25 miles, but need
more range often enough that a pure electric car isn't enough.
But at around £30000, you could buy a cheaper ordinary car and a lot
of petrol.

Prices will come down for sure as the competition hot up. What you save on
petrol over a year will go a hell of lot towards the cost.

Don't worry the guvvermint will soon find a way of taxing that power
perhaps we'll see AC and DC "fuels" and differing rates of taxe on
them;!..

Battle of the currents all over again..

It is NOT £30K
to buy.

Ordinary cars are complex, and prone to breakdowns, while the Ampera is
simple.

If you say so .. that may have been true when Red Robbo lorded it at BL
all those years ago, but these days?..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Liquorice wrote:
[...]

Slightly off the type of current topic, I was at Hopwood park serices
today, and noticed three charging points at three bays. One 32 Amp for
"Fast Charge", one 13 Amp for a "Standard Charge", and one branded by
Nissan, with a hefty proprietary looking connector on bloomin' heavy
cable rated at 400V, 3 phase, 110A, according to the plate on the side.
That was the one with the audible cooling fan running even when not
doing any work.

I suspect the two lower power ones use the same plug/ socket
arrangements, but the other one couldn't connect to them.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:

I was at Hopwood park serices
today, and noticed three charging points at three bays. One 32 Amp for
"Fast Charge", one 13 Amp for a "Standard Charge", and one branded by
Nissan, with a hefty proprietary looking connector

These look like they could be quite 'exciting' if anything untoward
happened during charging ... the charge station has to handshake with
the car's ECU before it will dish out the juice (500V DC @ 125A)

http://chademo.com/02_CHAdeMO_Chargers.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
John Williamson wrote:

I was at Hopwood park serices
today, and noticed three charging points at three bays. One 32 Amp for
"Fast Charge", one 13 Amp for a "Standard Charge", and one branded by
Nissan, with a hefty proprietary looking connector

These look like they could be quite 'exciting' if anything untoward
happened during charging ... the charge station has to handshake with
the car's ECU before it will dish out the juice (500V DC @ 125A)

http://chademo.com/02_CHAdeMO_Chargers.html

This one seems to be what I saw:-

http://nissanqc.com/quotes/new?produ...#ControlScreen

It allegedly takes a Nissan Leaf to 80% charge in 30 minutes.

Doesn't beat 5 minutes to put 500 miles worth of fuel in a normal car,
though, which does, admittedly, cost a bit more.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
So how much for rejuvenating a 10 year olde motah and I presume it won't
be on its first set of batts by that age?..

The Prius set is averaging at 12 years.

Hmmm... really? I wonder where all the pulled Priapism batteries on
ebay come from then.
The reason I paid some attention to them was the prospect of picking
one up for peanuts, stripping it for good cells and making some power
bricks for my own modest use. The cost of carriage put paid to that.

You would struggle, they are welded into a crash resistant box.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 15, 11:45*pm, John Williamson
wrote:
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Doctor *Drivel invalid@not-
for-mail.invalid scribeth thus
"Alan Braggins" wrote in message
. ..
In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice wrote:
[...]

John.- Hide quoted text -

There is an on board charger/rectifier for the low rated on that runs
off a 13a socket. (8hr charge)
The other two sockets (middle and high speed) supply DC to a separate
socket on the car. (2hr/20miin charge)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 16, 12:12*am, Andy Burns wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
I was at Hopwood park serices
today, and noticed three charging points at three bays. One 32 Amp for
"Fast Charge", one 13 Amp for a "Standard Charge", and one branded by
Nissan, with a hefty proprietary looking connector

These look like they could be quite 'exciting' if anything untoward
happened during charging ... the charge station has to handshake with
the car's ECU before it will dish out the juice (500V DC @ 125A)

http://chademo.com/02_CHAdeMO_Chargers.html

Even the low charge (13a) is computer controlled. There are five pins
in the socket on the car and a box in the middle of the charge lead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

http://chademo.com/02_CHAdeMO_Chargers.html

Even the low charge (13a) is computer controlled. There are five pins
in the socket on the car and a box in the middle of the charge lead.

The only electric car I've seen close-up (For some reason I thought it
was a Citroen, but it seems likely it was a Nissan, certainly it plugged
into the 'nose' like that) just had a 13A plug on a lead to what looked
like a commando, no gubbins in
the middle).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:

Doesn't beat 5 minutes to put 500 miles worth of fuel in a normal car,
though, which does, admittedly, cost a bit more.

However, given that the Leaf is another car costing around £31,000 and
providing the same comfort and space as diesel engined cars costing
£11,000 and achieving 88 mpg you're not going to see a return on the
Leaf until your driving exceeds 250,000 miles, assuming that you can
charge it for free, which you can't.

Comparing it to my LPG powered Jeep, which is hardly economical on fuel,
you are still going to need to exceed 100,000 miles in the Leaf to see a
return on the price differential between what I paid for it and the
price of the Leaf.

And I can use air con, heated seats, headlights and windscreen wipers
without worrying that I'll never get to my destination. I can also cross
Europe in just over a day - that will happen with the Leaf.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
Slightly off the type of current topic, I was at Hopwood park serices
today, and noticed three charging points at three bays. One 32 Amp for
"Fast Charge", one 13 Amp for a "Standard Charge", and one branded by
Nissan, with a hefty proprietary looking connector on bloomin' heavy
cable rated at 400V, 3 phase, 110A, according to the plate on the side.
That was the one with the audible cooling fan running even when not
doing any work.

I suspect the two lower power ones use the same plug/ socket

And I'd guess we'll see even more charging sockets as makers go down their
own sweet way...

--
*When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 16, 1:48*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *John Williamson wrote:

Slightly off the type of current topic, I was at Hopwood park serices
today, and noticed three charging points at three bays. One 32 Amp for
"Fast Charge", one 13 Amp for a "Standard Charge", and one branded by
Nissan, with a hefty proprietary looking connector on bloomin' heavy
cable rated at 400V, 3 phase, 110A, according to the plate on the side.
That was the one with the audible cooling fan running even when not
doing any work.
I suspect the two lower power ones use the same plug/ socket

And I'd guess we'll see even more charging sockets as makers go down their
own sweet way...

There is an ongoing charging plug war. The Japs have had one for
years. USA/Euroland are designing another as a "spoiler".
Just to F everyone up
http://www.torquenews.com/1075/elect...charging-feud-
between-sae-and-chademo-who-will-win

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Battery technology is improving greatly. There is also the combined
battery/supercapacitor.

This could have been posted 30 years ago. And was as true then as now. Or
not.

This one forgets the brick cell phones we had.

That one forgets the enormous changes in electronics over that time.
Look up Moore's Law (we get a lot more processing power for the same energy)

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/09/2012 16:22, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
On 11/09/2012 23:53, Doctor Drivel wrote:
You could have a 10 year old car and slap in a new battery set and it
is transformed.

I have a ten year old car. I haven't had to buy a new engine,
gearbox, or anything else big.

You must pay attention. The car can "transformed". Replacing your auto
box will cost about the same as battery set but the car is not
transformed, just still the same as it was.

Oh, I thought you meant it was transformed from a dying heap back to the
equivalent of a new model. What does the new battery do that the
original didn't?

Incidentally while one day I'm sure I'll meet an auto box that can do a
better job than me I haven't yet. The Prius may well have such a
transmission - but it's damned expensive.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
So how much for rejuvenating a 10 year olde motah and I presume it won't
be on its first set of batts by that age?..

The Prius set is averaging at 12 years.

Proof, please.

He may well be right - as I see from a quick Google. Prius is tuned for
battery life, which means never fully charging it nor flattening it -
which will not be the case in a full plugin.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
So how much for rejuvenating a 10 year olde motah and I presume it
won't
be on its first set of batts by that age?..

The Prius set is averaging at 12 years.

Proof, please.

He may well be right - as I see from a quick Google. Prius is tuned for
battery life, which means never fully charging it nor flattening it -
which will not be the case in a full plugin.

Even so, you must remember dribbles idea of average is the very best
figure he can find anywhere. Or just invents it. And when did you last see
an early Prius still on the road?

--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Even so, you must remember dribbles idea of average is the very best
figure he can find anywhere. Or just invents it. And when did you last see
an early Prius still on the road?

This morning I passed a green woodpecker on the pavement, just down the
road. I'm sure I passed some pigeons somewhere, but I don't remember,
they are boring.

On Saturday I saw a Countach, twice, spitting and banging as it tried to
keep down to the speed limit. I may well have passed an early Prius too...

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 10:21:39 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

And I can use air con, heated seats, headlights and windscreen wipers
without worrying that I'll never get to my destination. I can also
cross Europe in just over a day - that will happen with the Leaf.

Think there is word missing in the end of the last sentance.

But these electric cars aren't designed for driving across europe or any
great distance. They are for the wage slaves doing the M-F 9-5 25 mile
round trip commute.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 10:21:39 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

And I can use air con, heated seats, headlights and windscreen wipers
without worrying that I'll never get to my destination. I can also
cross Europe in just over a day - that will happen with the Leaf.

Think there is word missing in the end of the last sentance.

But these electric cars aren't designed for driving across europe or any
great distance. They are for the wage slaves doing the M-F 9-5 25 mile
round trip commute.

and the school run..

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
But these electric cars aren't designed for driving across europe or any
great distance. They are for the wage slaves doing the M-F 9-5 25 mile
round trip commute

Then they need to match or beat the overall costs of running such a
vehicle. Instead of costing considerably more.

--
*The average person falls asleep in seven minutes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:04:23 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article o.uk,

Dave Liquorice wrote:

But these electric cars aren't designed for driving across europe or any

great distance. They are for the wage slaves doing the M-F 9-5 25 mile

round trip commute

Then they need to match or beat the overall costs of running such a

vehicle. Instead of costing considerably more.

So what are the DIY costs and how would one go about installing your own charging point on your property, I'd hate to have a charging lead poked through my letter box out to the street where it'd be a trip hazard ?.
I'm just wondering how people will charge these from home and I'm talking about the majority that park on the street or the closest they can which for me would be across the road. Or are electric cars only for people with garages ?.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:04:23 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article o.uk,

Dave Liquorice wrote:

But these electric cars aren't designed for driving across europe or
any

great distance. They are for the wage slaves doing the M-F 9-5 25 mile

round trip commute

Then they need to match or beat the overall costs of running such a

vehicle. Instead of costing considerably more.

So what are the DIY costs and how would one go about installing your own
charging point on your property, I'd hate to have a charging lead poked
through my letter box out to the street where it'd be a trip hazard ?.
I'm just wondering how people will charge these from home and I'm talking
about the majority that park on the street or the closest they can which
for me would be across the road. Or are electric cars only for people with
garages ?.

You just need a waterproof while in use socket, like the masterseal
range(1).
If you only have on road parking then you will have to find someway of
getting the cable to the car without it being a trip hazard.
(Maybe some overhead drop across the pavement?).
You can get a supply to the edge of the pavement for bus stops so you must
be able to get one for a charge point, for a price.

(1) If you have a meter box you may be able to put a socket in there to
avoid having a waterproof one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

But these electric cars aren't designed for driving across europe or any
great distance. They are for the wage slaves doing the M-F 9-5 25 mile
round trip commute

Then they need to match or beat the overall costs of running such a

vehicle. Instead of costing considerably more.

So what are the DIY costs and how would one go about installing your own charging point on your property, I'd hate to have a charging lead poked through my letter box out to the street where it'd be a trip hazard ?.
I'm just wondering how people will charge these from home and I'm talking about the majority that park on the street or the closest they can which for me would be across the road. Or are electric cars only for people with garages ?.

The market seems to be well off,green minded people who don't travel
much, with enough space to park the vehicle so that the power lead
doesn't cross any public land. That's just about all suburbs and no
inner cities anywhere except for well off people who live in blocks of
flats with their own parking. Which is a shame, because small electric
cars would be ideal for inner city dwellers.

Most of that sums me up, except the well off bit. I can afford to run
the old petrol car I've owned for over thirty years, but I can't afford
the initial cost of even a G-Whiz. Which is a shame, because apart from
when I'm working, I generally drive no more than 30 miles a day even on
my days off. When I'm working, it's 2.4 miles each way, but I can't
carry what I need to carry to and from work on a pushbike.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
So what are the DIY costs and how would one go about installing your own
charging point on your property, I'd hate to have a charging lead poked
through my letter box out to the street where it'd be a trip hazard ?.
I'm just wondering how people will charge these from home and I'm
talking about the majority that park on the street or the closest they
can which for me would be across the road. Or are electric cars only for
people with garages ?.

Quite. It's a city car and vast numbers of UK cities - or at least the
inner bits - are old and have little off street parking. And to provide an
infrastructure to charge all cars which park in the street is going to
cost an absolute fortune.
It's just one of the many things that those who love electric cars
(without, of course, owning one) haven't thought about. Nor do they seem
to realise that if they do become common, any saving in running costs over
petrol or diesel will be removed by some form of taxation. They wouldn't
be bothering with them if petrol and diesel weren't taxed. ;-)

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
Most of that sums me up, except the well off bit. I can afford to run
the old petrol car I've owned for over thirty years, but I can't afford
the initial cost of even a G-Whiz. Which is a shame, because apart from
when I'm working, I generally drive no more than 30 miles a day even on
my days off. When I'm working, it's 2.4 miles each way, but I can't
carry what I need to carry to and from work on a pushbike.

Have you ever been in a G-Whiz? Terrifying experience. You loose the small
size and convenience of a scooter etc, but feel equally as vulnerable.

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 18/09/12 00:38, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 10:21:39 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

And I can use air con, heated seats, headlights and windscreen wipers
without worrying that I'll never get to my destination. I can also
cross Europe in just over a day - that will happen with the Leaf.

Think there is word missing in the end of the last sentance.

But these electric cars aren't designed for driving across europe or any
great distance. They are for the wage slaves doing the M-F 9-5 25 mile
round trip commute.

But the wage slaves are just the people who can only afford one car, so
it has to do all the other occasional, but so often vital, trips too.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 18/09/12 12:02, whisky-dave wrote:

So what are the DIY costs and how would one go about installing your own charging point on your property, I'd hate to have a charging lead poked through my letter box out to the street where it'd be a trip hazard ?.
I'm just wondering how people will charge these from home and I'm talking about the majority that park on the street or the closest they can which for me would be across the road. Or are electric cars only for people with garages ?.

Only for people with garages, plus parking space for a second car. And
more money than sense.

--
djc

Electric cars. harry UK diy 38 September 2nd 12 12:38 AM
Electric cars again Bob Eager[_2_] UK diy 30 February 26th 12 11:46 AM
Top Three Best Electric Cars n6es1w77 Home Repair 0 November 27th 07 04:49 PM
Electric cars [email protected][_2_] Metalworking 9 September 29th 07 04:28 AM