Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default More on electric cars.

On Sep 16, 1:48*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *John Williamson wrote:

Slightly off the type of current topic, I was at Hopwood park serices
today, and noticed three charging points at three bays. One 32 Amp for
"Fast Charge", one 13 Amp for a "Standard Charge", and one branded by
Nissan, with a hefty proprietary looking connector on bloomin' heavy
cable rated at 400V, 3 phase, 110A, according to the plate on the side.
That was the one with the audible cooling fan running even when not
doing any work.
I suspect the two lower power ones use the same plug/ socket

And I'd guess we'll see even more charging sockets as makers go down their
own sweet way...

There is an ongoing charging plug war. The Japs have had one for
years. USA/Euroland are designing another as a "spoiler".
Just to F everyone up
http://www.torquenews.com/1075/elect...charging-feud-
between-sae-and-chademo-who-will-win